Author Topic: Heya!  (Read 6418 times)

Offline DoktehrPooh

• Forager
    • View Profile
Heya!
« on: April 26, 2016, 12:07:14 am »
Been creepily lurking for a couple weeks and finally decided to join in on the fun!  8)

A little about me: located in BC, Canada. Healing from long standing deficiency (vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan past) and chronic fatigue. Studying holistic nutrition and herbalism--which is quite interesting, but at times difficult because people generally think I'm a loony for eating raw animal bits, haha. The herbalism aspect is fascinating though.

Pleasure to meet y'all!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Heya!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:35:07 am »
Welcome to the forum! Just a caveat! Please, unlike me, have the courage to try some raw, aged meats(ie raw high-meats) soonest to try to improve your situation. Brainwave-entrainment, via Neuroprogrammer 3, is also a healthy option.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:33:36 am »
Hello.  Do share some herbalism knowledge here.

Share some raw vegan wisdom here too.

Most of us are omnivores and will at times have no meat days or fasting days.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 07:14:57 am »
Hello.  Do share some herbalism knowledge here.

Share some raw vegan wisdom here too.

Most of us are omnivores and will at times have no meat days or fasting days.

I try to have meat at least twice a day, or once a day at the very least. If I go two or three days without meat I start to feel partially famished, as if I'm lacking nutrients, and no amount of other foods will help bring me back to optimal condition. Also, if I have only fruits for a couple of days I often get nausea and even vomit, even if it's a small amount of fruits.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:26:19 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 08:02:45 am »
Probably the stage you are in.

Intermittent fasting is not uncommon here.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 04:03:21 pm »
Probably the stage you are in.

Intermittent fasting is not uncommon here.

I don't know. AV said the same thing happened to him when not eating meat for a few days, even after 40 years on 95 to 100% raw. He also discouraged fasting, and having experimented extensively with it himself.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline DoktehrPooh

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 09:44:22 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@Tyler - As I live on the west coast (by water), I get a lot of seafood for fairly cheap. I've been experimenting with fermenting salmon in sauerkraut juice. So far it has turned quite slimy (and tasted like cheese), which as far as I've been reading is quite similar to the high meat flavour?
I will look into this brainwave program, sounds intriguing.

@goodsamaritan - Will do! I am omnivorous myself with fasting days. In terms of raw vegan recipes, mostly I use them (and especially green veg) when I help people transition from SAD to RPD or when someone has an advanced illness and needs quick reversal/an excuse to chill out and not do much (not much energy given from "green" fasting).

Herbs are very individual-specific. They can be used in acute conditions (pain relief, new infection), chronic (inflammation), or as gateways to emotional dimensions of held trauma. Trauma is a complex thing, and more and more I see that many diseases have an emotional aspect that has not been dealt with. Again this is specific to the individual and their needs.

I also believe that humans evolved with different plants according to where they are from, so would do better using those plants.

@dariorpl - It is all very individualistic. We must do what makes us feel good.  :)

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 12:26:40 am »
@dariorpl - It is all very individualistic. We must do what makes us feel good.  :)

The problem is that what makes you feel good in the short term may not be what is ideal in the long term. In paleo times people would rely on ancestral knowledge which now has been lost.

Offline DoktehrPooh

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 09:56:16 pm »
I don't see how your statements contradict what I've said. I agree that what may feel good now may not later, and the opposite is true too.

But, as we are two separate individuals with our own unique identifying DNA and microbiome, different foods/eating styles will work for us.

I guess what I meant by "eating to feel good" is that, once we become in tune with our deepest instincts, we should be able to discern which patterns and foods are most beneficial and which are not. Again, this is different for everyone--there is not one "way" that is correct. Obviously it would have helped to have knowledge passed down, but I don't think it is all gone like you say.

Offline fanbrits

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 08:10:04 pm »
hiii. i am new too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk