Author Topic: Eating raw meat after a crow ate some  (Read 3010 times)

Offline NuclearKnight

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Eating raw meat after a crow ate some
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:48:55 am »
I left some frozen ground beef (grass fed and grass finished with no antibiotics or hormones) in the sun to thaw and warm up. When checking on it later, I noticed some of the meat was missing. Having seen so many crows flying around today, it's my guess a crow is to blame. Would you eat the remainder? The thought that crows are resistant to botulism and we aren't makes me wonder if I can pick up protective bacteria or if I can pick up something worse, or even botulism. Please advise!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Eating raw meat after a crow ate some
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 04:01:13 am »
Just eat it, according to rawpaleo guidelines!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:37:53 pm »
Next time wait for the crow, and get it when it comes to steal your meat. Then you can eat the meat as well as the crow. Kill two birds with one stone and all ;)

I personally avoid frozen meat and look at freezing as a similar process to cooking, though not as harmful.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:00:12 am »
QUOTE FROM HANNIBAL:
FLIES ON MEAT AT ROOM TEMPERATURE.
HANNIBAL
Mammoth Hunter
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »
Hehe, there isn't any high meat that I wouldn't eat. Even totally decomposed, that hyenas, vultures or crows wouldn't touch 
Report to moderator     Logged
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

REPLY:
Might give you the right idea (HeHe)!

Offline NuclearKnight

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 12:11:33 pm »
Ate the meat with no problem. Maybe the crows saliva enzymes helped digest the meat. I don't mind sharing with ants, maggots, birds, whatever as long as I can eat them too before they scarf most the meat and scram.

Considering the prices of properly raised meat with having received it free was enough to compel me to settle for frozen. I am curious whether freezing causes digestive leukocytosis as cooking does. No more frozen if so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk