Author Topic: Intensive/supportive Healing Regime  (Read 5456 times)

Offline LunarFey

• Forager
    • View Profile
Intensive/supportive Healing Regime
« on: May 25, 2016, 04:22:01 am »
Background:

What up raw paleo world! I've had chronic health problems starting when I was around 12 years old when I had badddd Lyme disease. I never truly recovered. It runs in my family to be long and thin, so growing up I was always underweight and often misdiagnosed with eating disorders/sent away to psychiatric wards etc. also trauma from home life issues starting at birth. I thought i worked through most of it but I know we work through these things or they pop back up here and there and can be stored in our tissues.
I'm 25 now and have colitis with many perforations in my intestines, cancer in my ovaries, Lyme, rheumatoid arthritis, nerve damage, liver problems, hashimoto's, and SO MANY more issues diagnosed I can't even list them all. I honestly relate them to Lyme and the environment it created. I'm in a flare up now and have gained so much weight and I can no longer focus to write or Dance/be active.

Plan:

I have to lose 30-42 lbs to get to a more functional level of health again for my body (I know well at his point in the journey lol).

In the past, water fasting helped me a lot. Same with kombucha/water/clear liquids.
I've been mostly raw since I was 14 and completely raw since 17 (minus two 6 month periods during which I experimented with including cooked whole foods...did not work). Now I'm flexible but mostly Raw. I've found pastured bone broth here and there to be helpful lately.

A water fast feels like too much right now, lame as that is. So starting tomorrow I plan to stick to liquids only...
Based on what I currently have since money is low and my dysfunctionality is incredibly high.

-Wheat grass juice
-Chlorella
-lemon water (to keep low due to tooth problems)
-tea (mostly herbal)
-occasional organic low acid coffee with raw milk (very sensitive to caffeine)
-gotu kola tea to get rid of scar tissue buildup
-green juice powder
-occasional raw cacao + stevia leaves + vanilla bean to make hot chocolate
-bone broth when I can make it
-kombucha when I can buy it, and other fermented beverages
-oxylent (organic vitamin powder to add to water sweetened with stevia only)

Supplements include
-low temperature dried full fat grass fed liver powder
-collagen
-colloidal silver
-skate liver oil
-essential amino acids
-digestive enzymes (these save my life)
-milk thistle/liver detox capsule
-activated charcoal
-maybe a few other things...not regularly

In hopes of water fasting some days. Thoughts and experiences? I have many food sensitivities and allergies otherwise I'd mono on organic pastured eggs (I wishhhh) or something.
I have a gig in July and have to be down in weight at least 30 lbs as I was when booked...but my body/mind is in such a state I'm not sure what to do.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Intensive/supportive Healing Regime
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:32:18 am »
Good to have another former raw vegan here. I would suggest cutting back on the plants and trying some fish and meat. Clearly the plants have not healed all your issues.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:51:20 am »
I would also challenge you to look at the raw meat and fish option, even to the exclusion of everything else. Also, look into ways to induce periods of autophagy with intermittent fasting (eating, say, within a four-hour window each day). You don't need to make a big commitment; three days of raw beef and fish should give you a good hint at whether you have found a way to reduce gut-related inflammation symptoms.

Remember, obesity and all the other diseases you mentioned can be signs of inflammation. If you can stop the inflammation, you will lose weight and feel like you are healing. If this doesn't work for you, go ahead and try your complicated regimen. I've tried both ways and found relief only from raw meat and fish.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 10:56:38 am »
I'm suspicious of the oxylent and the green juice powder.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:53:57 pm »
I would advise against wheat grass, Chlorella, coffee , hot chocolate, green juice powder, and most other supplements in general.

Let thy food be thy medicine, and there are plenty of healthy raw paleo foods which can provide all of your nutritional needs without having to rely on a regime of processed foods and supplements.

I would recommend finding the highest quality Raw fatty meat, and start transitioning into a Raw paleo diet.

Personally I advocate for consumption of the entire animal to facilitate optimal healing....all the organs, fats, glands, and bone marrow, even the blood and the stomach. I understand that many people are unable or unwilling to follow such an extreme diet, but still insist that it has helped me personally overcome a number of health issues.

For most digestive issues a Stomach smoothie fast would do wonders... eliminate all other foods take some pasture raised animal stomach, with its layer of fat and blend it up with a couple of raw eggs, and drink it whenever hungry...after a few days there should be remarkable improvements...though so far its only a theory of mine, because nobody has taken the suggestion to heart.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 03:22:49 am »
SB has a point. Prior to going rawpalaeo, I would foolishly buy up to 300 pounds sterling of processed supplements a month. Most of them were useless(c.95%), a few caused me further problems such as st john's wort( I didn't actually have depression at the time, despite my then certainty, so it caused some harm to my brain as a result), and only 1% worked a tiny bit on a very temporary level(at the time, valerian helped me sleep a bit better, and milk thistle halved my rare hangovers after occasionally consuming alcohol).You need to tinker around with different raw foods such as raw fish or raw shellfish or high-meat or raw wild game or whatever.

Also, check Eve's comment re Intermittent Fasting. And you might consider a 3-day water-fast in light of this study's results:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »
OVERWEIGHT: Being fat is not a “bad” condition. Fat storages are
protective to all body systems and provide stamina. But if stored fat
cannot be utilized, it can be burdensome, as it overtaxes the entire
body, causes general exhaustion and may harden, causing build-ups,
dryness and blockages.
Low thyroxin production often results from overweight. Overweight
often results from the inability to utilize fat, resulting in dry skin and
listless hair. See the suggestions for Thyroid Problem, page 315.
Overweight often results from the lack of the enzyme-mutations for
eating cooked green foods. People who have that enzyme-mutation
deficiency often have little white spots on the finger nails or toe nails.
See If I Lack Enzyme-Mutations, What Foods Should I Avoid?, page
Some people who have excessive insulin production have very
watery fat (if slapped, it jiggles like gelatin). The extra water in their
fat dilutes the toxicity produced by excessive hormones. Two foods that
are especially helpful in reducing watery fat storages are fresh raw lime
juice with good mineral water, or fresh raw lemon juice with good
mineral water. Raw lemons and limes alkalize the tissues and neutralize
volatile substances, reducing the need for edema.
Eating 40% of the daily calories consumed as raw fat supplies the
body with healthy fat that gradually cleanses the system of useless fat
or fat that has bound with toxins and stored by the body. See Fat For
Great Health, page 185, Appendix O, pages 145-150, and Appendix W,
page 162.
For people with firm or solid corpulence, eating 1?2 raw unripe
pineapple daily for 2 weeks supplies the liver and pancreas with the
enzymes they need to remove hardened fat properly. That regime may
cause over-emotionality, so be certain to consume enough raw cheese
with unsalted raw butter, raw cream and lots of raw meat. It takes 2
weeks on a raw diet before the liver and pancreas are balanced enough
to begin gradually removing hardened-fat storages. Years are required