Author Topic: Russia becoming producerer of high-quality organic and non-GMO food  (Read 4339 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Russia becoming producerer of high-quality organic and non-GMO food
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 08:22:23 am »
Is producerer the same as producer? Because Russia is a damn wasteland of toxins of all kinds. These people don't give a fuck about toxic stuff. Remember Chernobyl?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 08:24:05 am »
I would trust Russian food even less than food from China.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 08:46:58 am »
CK,
Yes  ;D producerer is the same as producer and

I s'pose the USA's environmental record is better.

Remember Three mile island, and the others on this list
http://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-power/nuclear-power-accidents/history-nuclear-accidents#.V1dl3UvDzyc
There is no country with a nuclear program that has not had some sort of disaster. There are some that are just easier to hide and the grace of God prevented a massive disaster.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20579068-atomic-accidents

Then of course there is "Love Canal", from a long list of contenders. The list goes on.

Food from the US in my books is just as bad as it is mostly GMO etc crap.

I agree with your assertion on China. Where I live on the west coast of Canada we see lots of Chinese junk. Next time you are tempted to buy food from there look up "Night Soil", and remember that when you get lettuce soup in a restaurant it is always well cooked. That is because as an ex-Chinese friend of mine explained everything has to be cooked in China due to night soil.

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/07/stink-human-poop-fertilizer/

"Humans have been repurposing their feces for thousands of years—some more safely than others. Often known by its euphemistic name “night soil,” the most famous example of raw human waste application might be China, where human excrement was used for centuries in an attempt to close the nutrient cycle in their fields, something that agricultural scientist F.H. King cited in the early 20th century as the reason behind China’s seemingly perennial fertility. While night soil might have helped China’s land retain crucial nutrients, it didn’t win any awards for public health. Because the night soil was often untreated, pathogens could easily be transferred to both humans and food (so eating raw vegetation was seriously frowned upon)."

Having said that we have a self composting toilet and put the resultant in the garden. The apples especially seem to like it and the Chicken manure. My daughter puts the childrens 'stuff in the garden. The boys think it is hugely funny.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 09:11:07 am »
This article is somewhat in line with the first. Assuming this is truely out of Russia, and not a bogus article, it more or less jives with my take on the world.

http://oneradionetwork.com/archive/putin-exposes-vaccines/
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:37:48 pm »
Most beef is imported.  And yes, it is all grain fed.
Russia has extremely small cattle stock.

Most chickens are raised in huge industrial farms using industrial feeds.
Truly organic food esp meat is very hard to find and unaffordable by 90% of population.

There is no revolution of any kind.  If fact, it is the opposite.  It is much harder to find quality food than in the US.  I know this because I keep in touch with people in Russia and I ask about these things all the time.

And I saw it with my own eyes when I went there 4 years ago.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 03:14:10 am »
Most beef is imported.  And yes, it is all grain fed.
Russia has extremely small cattle stock.

Most chickens are raised in huge industrial farms using industrial feeds.
Truly organic food esp meat is very hard to find and unaffordable by 90% of population.

There is no revolution of any kind.  If fact, it is the opposite.  It is much harder to find quality food than in the US.  I know this because I keep in touch with people in Russia and I ask about these things all the time.

And I saw it with my own eyes when I went there 4 years ago.

The Communists destroyed the small family farm, and the family farm is pretty much the only place truly healthy food is being produced these days.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 03:58:40 am »
I just want to add a minor issue. I visited the Ukraine in the early 1990s, and I found that all Kievian families had access to nearby small personal  farms just outside Kiev, in accordance to previous  Soviet rules. They always had plenty more.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 04:42:07 am »
Ahhh, Kiev, yes, Yuri specifically warned not to buy meat from family farms.  Their goal is to raise the animal as quickly as possible.  Especially now during depressed times.  They buy industrial feed and use vaccines.

Only medium to large farms can do organic meat because they have enough land to grow their own feed.

Not sure about fruits/vegetables.  I'll have to ask.

Speaking of family farms, I visited Antigua last year and stayed next to a farm.  I saw a guy spraying his produce with chemicals.   The point is, those chemicals are dirt cheap and everyone is using them especially in poor countries.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 09:38:05 am »
Here in the Philippines, the complaints about pig stench sends even small time farmers for solutions.  There are feed supplements like ATOVI and organic feeding techniques seminars and non GMO feeds in the feed stores.

Farmers are rewarded by better quality produce and better prices.

My website client was an organic produce supplier and they outsourced by looking for those independent organic farmers.

Maybe Russians have organic tech as well.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk