Author Topic: The Mango Topic, Various Mangoes, Discuss Mangoes  (Read 3534 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
The Mango Topic, Various Mangoes, Discuss Mangoes
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:48:16 pm »
I'm opening up this topic to discuss everything about Mangoes.

----------- Cambodian Apple Mangoes ---------------

I drove along the Western part of Batangas, Luzon island today and chanced upon a variety of mango I have never tasted before:

Cambodian Apple Mangoes

At least that is what the sellers on the streets called it... Cambodian Apple Mangoes were in season and many of them were selling them so cheap on the high way... only P 25 / kilo ($ 0.45 USD)

I tasted one and wound up buying 8 kilos.  Delicious, very different from the usual Apple Mango I get in Manila, which I actually do not like. 

To eat it, you need to skin it like you would skin an apple with a knife.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Mango Topic, Various Mangoes, Discuss Mangoes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
These look exactly the same as the ones I get from Brazil. And I eat the skin too. They sell for about $3 each when they're that big, smaller ones $2 each.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 10:29:53 pm »
Bought today very tasty mangoes from Brasil by air in a supermarket for 2.79 €/kg. There was also some from Israel at the same price, but probably irradiated while the Brasilian ones don't seem to be. The first mangoes from Algarve appeared this week at 3.80 - 4 €/kg, although not ripe enough . 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:51:50 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 10:47:15 pm »
I assume all conventional food shipped from Brazil is irradiated until proven otherwise, so I limit my consumption of it. If I knew for a fact that it was irradiated, I would stop eating it entirely, but I don't.

Do you know if fruits like mangoes will ripen naturally if irradiated?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:54:15 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 05:10:42 am »
It seems either they may more or less ripen somewhat, but not normally, or they would not ripen at all.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk