Author Topic: If you cheat, how often?  (Read 7272 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
If you cheat, how often?
« on: July 03, 2016, 08:55:48 pm »
I mainly eat a raw diet. But I occasionally like to eat out for social occasions.

Do you cheat sometimes? If so how often do you cheat?

I personally eat out maybe once a week to once a month.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: If you cheat, how often?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 08:59:42 pm »
Only on my wife buddy.  That is what marriage is good for!
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 09:10:59 pm »
I do never cheat. Don't like to cheat myself, i'm actually very convinced about raw diet.

Haven't had social meals for more than a year. Ha... Last social meal i brought my raw meat and didn't give a fuck about what others think.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 09:22:26 pm »
I do never cheat. Don't like to cheat myself, i'm actually very convinced about raw diet.

Haven't had social meals for more than a year. Ha... Last social meal i brought my raw meat and didn't give a fuck about what others think.
Never cheat?  Never say never.  I find that hard to believe.  Don't get me wrong the raw paleo style is cool but I just don't think it is something to take too seriously.  Everyone will listen to you if you live to be 200.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 09:46:36 pm »
Only on my wife buddy.  That is what marriage is good for!

Lmao! I'm not married yet, but only on my girl friend! Haha

I hate the social 'repercussions' of outwardly showing or stating how I eat. I feel like a closet gay but for how I eat lol

Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 10:23:29 pm »
It all depends. I have previously sometimes gone for up to 24 months or so without cheating once. At other times, I have eaten something either non-raw or non-palaeo maybe 3 or 4 times in a week. However, most times I have eaten cooked or non-palaeo, I usually ate some main RPD food as well during the same day.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 10:31:26 pm »
It just depends. The real damage for most people comes from grains, poor-quality meats, nasty preservatives, and heavily-fried foods. Lightly cooked, high-quality foods are not NEARLY as damaging, and when I cheat, that's what I tend to choose. I'm about 98% raw on average, I'd say, although I still have a little black coffee, usually decaf, in the morning.

I will say that it becomes more and more important, after many years, to get good variety. Sometimes it's better to choose a lower-quality food source, temporarily, just to get some variety.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 12:36:31 am »
It just depends. The real damage for most people comes from grains, poor-quality meats, nasty preservatives, and heavily-fried foods.

Yeah but they eat those foods ALL the time. Not to mention the majority of them have serious deficiencies of Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and probably a few minerals.

I will say that it becomes more and more important, after many years, to get good variety. Sometimes it's better to choose a lower-quality food source, temporarily, just to get some variety.

I've noticed that too. I occasionally buy 'lower quality' food just to get some variety.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 01:30:18 am »
Guidelines from which I do not deviate:
Very low carb
No grains, no legumes

IOW, everything I eat must have no impact for me in terms of diabetes or auto-immune inflammation. RPD covers those bases. I avoid what you might call cheating by thinking of it in terms of eating rat poison. I never once walked past packages of rat poison and thought, "Yummy!"

BTW, that's how finicky eaters makes themselves be finicky: they associate a negative image with eating certain foods, such as image/gagging with food/broccoli. To avoid eating "treat" foods, I associate the image of "myself doubled over in pain, writhing on the bed, no relief possible, dying slowly" with "eating some crap donuts that the secretary brought to work."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:17:12 am by eveheart »
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 02:14:48 am »
In the early days of going RPD, I would visualise the awful stomach-aches I would get from eating any cooked animal foods every time I went past a restaurant, and it worked excellently. You see, the restaurants would routinely pour various cooked sauces on the pavements outside the restaurants in order to generate feelings of hunger in passers-by. Eveheart's "mind-over-matter" does work.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 04:19:09 am »
Never cheat?  Never say never.  I find that hard to believe.  Don't get me wrong the raw paleo style is cool but I just don't think it is something to take too seriously.  Everyone will listen to you if you live to be 200.

I live alone on a farm now. And been living almost alone withouth friends since 2 years approx. Why i would cheat? To be accepted by others? I love them to see i"m eating raw foods and they start question. So i can throw something new into their minds. Bit in general i eat with my cats and dog. They have same diet as me.

I don't like coffee, salt, alcohol, cigarettes. Cooked foods make me overeat always. Why i would cheat?

Cheating myself.. About my higer ideals and way of living. Why? It was a hard road to get here and get out of all addictions. I don't change this for a piece of bread anymore. At least not in my actual mindset.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 04:40:28 am »
I believe you...  Wasn't calling you a liar, I just think it is very difficult what you are doing and I admire your willpower.

— Anthony Jeselnik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk