Author Topic: raw carbs for performance athlete  (Read 9735 times)

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
raw carbs for performance athlete
« on: May 22, 2016, 06:20:11 pm »
im a speed-power track and field athlete, i do the decathlon, lots of sprints, plyometrics(jumps), medicine ball throws and other throws, weight lifting...

i love oats... I ate it back in 2010, but no grains or cereals since then...but some claim that ALL grains and cereals are GMO and loaded with glyphosates, thats why i stopped eating them.

im struggling to eat enough carbs from tubers(sweet ptoato, potato)... i need anywhere from 350- 800g of carbs per day

do you eat grains/cereals/legumes?

what should I eat during long workouts to sustain energy/focus/recovery.. in the past i used to mix dextrose/maltodextrine with whey protein powder and drink that during training and after training... but dextrose and maltodextrine is extracted from corn/gmo....

should i drink raw milk mixed with raw honey during and after training?

what about dried fruits?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: raw carbs for performance athlete
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 06:31:58 pm »
Bananas?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 07:49:46 pm »
Dates. Raw honey in water.

Offline HybridShift

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:13:16 am »
I'm wondering where to get enough carbs as well. Please tell me if you find something that works. So far I haven't found anything that works like grains did.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 06:22:46 am »
steroids

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 07:32:46 am »

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 02:15:13 pm »
I'm wondering where to get enough carbs as well. Please tell me if you find something that works. So far I haven't found anything that works like grains did.

i absolutely loved oats mixed with raisins, honey, cinnamon, cacao, whey protein powder, peanut butter, mixed berries... huge bowl(i.e. 100- 200g of rolled oats) for breakfast

white rice or quinoa or amaranth for dinner/lunch

good ol'days
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline NuclearKnight

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 10:14:26 pm »
Try rotten/fermented raw fruit.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 11:15:06 am »
Chufa.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 11:18:05 am »
Get a stone and grind it yourself and add liquid and make porridge, you can add similar ingredients as u would to oats

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 02:34:53 pm »
Get a stone and grind it yourself and add liquid and make porridge, you can add similar ingredients as u would to oats

very expensive, 13 GBP for ONE kg.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 08:40:10 am »
Some raw pumpkin can help maybe? Have you tried?

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 12:41:54 pm »
Some raw pumpkin can help maybe? Have you tried?

its very low in carbs

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 05:21:21 pm »
And what is pumpkin made of? I thought it was primarily carbs! . Like a little dilutted potato. Ior it is more like a cucumber?

When i try to put on weight,i always end up suffering cause of high blood sugar and related problems to that. So after some days of fattening.. I loose all that weight in a couple of days.

If i compare burning fat to burning sugar. I don't want to burn sugar anymore. But how to put on weight without sugar/starches?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 08:52:45 pm »
And what is pumpkin made of? I thought it was primarily carbs! . Like a little dilutted potato. Ior it is more like a cucumber?

When i try to put on weight,i always end up suffering cause of high blood sugar and related problems to that. So after some days of fattening.. I loose all that weight in a couple of days.

If i compare burning fat to burning sugar. I don't want to burn sugar anymore. But how to put on weight without sugar/starches?

Avocado and goat milk are pretty good for that. You should supplement with magnesium if you use goat milk.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 12:04:01 am »
so anybody from this forum eats oats, quinoa, amaranth...

some people say that pretty much ALL grains and pseudo-grains are treated with harmful chemicals and also they are all genetically modified... is this true?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OATS AND QUINOA.. did not eat ANY grains since 2012.... im afraid trying eating them again...

i found a company which sells oats from ukraine.. they claim no treatment and no gmo

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 12:13:09 am »
so anybody from this forum eats oats, quinoa, amaranth...

Raw, as in "sprouted" until the seed swells and begins germinating, but no roots or shoots? I tried this a few years ago with rice. For me, the result was inflammation (felt in my joints). Same thing happens when I tried fermented-cooked and sprouted-cooked rice. I don't know if it was the insulin release, the blood-sugar rise, or something in the grain itself.

So, I'd say: try some well-grown grains for a few days. Pay attention to gluten levels of the particular grain and try various preparation methods, especially overnight sprouting and fermentation.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 03:04:11 pm »
carbs give a quick boost followed by a crash, raw fat is the best energy source once your body converts to burning it. Raw eggs give a good energy boost.  Heres the best drink for sports from aajonus, you can  do 5 hours of sports with just a quart of this and not get tired.

3 cups of at least 2 of the follow foods:
cucumber
tomato
watermelon
raw milk and/or fresh raw liquid whey.

Cucumber, watermelon and tomato are to be pureed not juiced, the whey is liquid byproduct of making cheese, milk is whole raw milk. You may have any combination of those to equal 3 cups.
Remainder of the ingredients are:
1 T. raw apple cider vinegar
2 T. lime juice
2 tsp.lemon juice
2 T. coconut cream
2 T. dairy cream
2-3 eggs
1-2 T. Unheated honey (optional).

That makes about 1 quart when all ingredients are blended together. Sip throughout day for hydration.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk