Author Topic: More non-dietary approaches  (Read 3453 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
More non-dietary approaches
« on: July 10, 2016, 04:26:28 am »
Hi,

I have been tinkering with a few things and buying a lot of new technology . I have had great success wtih brainwave entrainment. I am currently often listening for hours at a time to a "study focus" track which promises to improve the ability to study without tiring out the mind.Brainwave entrainment has been very effective in study-trials. People in their 70s/80s reported gaining back the active, alert minds they had when in their 20s. Neuroprogrammer 3 Ultimate  is very cheap(c.90$) in this regard. Maybe I am a fool, but I am hoping eventually to gain back the near-photographic memory I had in childhood.

I am also considering the CES(cranial electrotherapy stimulation) device alpha-stim M. This is mainly to get rid of the heat-intolerance I still have to a more minor degree compared to pre-RPD days as well as reducing slightly high blood sugar levels/very high blood pressure levels. The way I see it, despite gaining back health in most ways as a result of this diet, my body may have remained in an artificial fight-or-flight-response which meant those 3 conditions stayed on to some extent. The high blood pressure/high blood sugar levels do not affect me even slightly but I still want to get reduce them.

I am also planning eventually, if I have the guts,  on experimenting with tDCS/tACS (transcranial Direct Current Stimulation/transcranial alternating current stimulation) devices. These terrify me as there has been much fact-free hysteria/conjecture by convential scientists about the topic. On the other hand, studies have shown that US snipers halved their study-time in order to pass their sniper training exams/tests etc. It has also been pointed out that I should avoid having even a minor current passing through one small key area of the brain which controls the main life-processes such as the heart and ability to breathe. Or it is claimed that I might well heighten my maths and learning  abilities while at the same time, as a direct result,  reducing my artistic ability etc. ??? :o :o :o Still, there is always the possibility that I might suddenly acquire Mozart's musical ability or something due to neuroplasticity  ;) . Don't believe me? There are cases where people were hit on the head in nasty accidents and, as a result, gained new savant abilities which they never had before such as :-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Serrell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3040907/Woman-reveals-ski-accident-left-phenomenally-advanced-mental-abilities-head-injury-developed-rare-brain-condition-known-acquired-savant-syndrome.html

I have also bought some weirdly expensive bio-optimisation(eeg etc.) devices which may improve the brainwave entrainment(do not bother buying such unless you are rolling in cash). Oh, and a superlative light/sound machine called Kasina
http://mindplace.com/products/kasina-mind-media-mediatation-system

. Whether these other things actually work or not remains to be seen. There is always the placebo effect(c.30%)  and, if I must, I may have to turn to conventional medicine instead, though I am loathe to do so.

I will report in 4-5 months time or so.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:19:17 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: More non-dietary approaches
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 05:18:44 am »
this all pales in comparison to fMRI technology, which is rapidly looking more and more like the best thing since the wheel. But I agree that brain enhancement is going to be the salvation of the human race.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 01:06:49 am »
I am also planning on using the Wim Hof method to regulate my body-temperature:-

http://www.wimhofmethod.com

While Wim Hof's method is mostly to protect against the cold, it can also be used to make one's body adapt to the heat better.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 02:08:26 am »
I recently tried the sub-delta track from Neuroprogrammer 3 with my eyes closed. The sub-delta wave-pattern is used during deep sleep and is the "healing" brainwave above all. As a result, 2 days later, I have found that my blood-pressure has sunk 40 points as regards the 1st of my 3 daily scores. This is such a huge drop that I am cutting off any blood-pressure-lowering medication to avoid getting too low blood-pressure.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 02:13:29 am »
Why not just meditate tyler?  Meditation is free and completely safe.  Some people say brainwave entrainment can be dangerous.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 02:41:32 am »
Why not just meditate tyler?  Meditation is free and completely safe.  Some people say brainwave entrainment can be dangerous.
I have tried brainwave entrainment and it works fine. There have been some negative claims re more primitive brainwave entrainment such as Holosync but I have not bothered with those. Neuroprogrammer 3 and Mindworkstation are fully backed by scientific evidence and I must admit my own experiences have been very effective re artificially boosting studying-ability/concentration among other things. Meditation/self-hypnosis/autogenic training etc.  has never worked for me. Completely useless. Better to hack into one's brain more efficiently via brainwave entrainment.

" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 12:28:52 am »
Ever since I used the bio-optimisation device, well the Thoughtstream USB device,  my brainwave entrainment usage has become far more effective. Using brainwave entrainment alone is like using a hammer, using brainwave entrainment along with bio-optimisation devices is like using a screwdriver instead. I have also bought the Emotiv Epoc EEG headset which I intend to use instead for a while. You cannot imagine the power of being able to swiftly change your mental state(from intense focus to total relaxation etc. etc.). With the Wim Hof Method etc., I intend to eventually gain full control over my body in a myriad ways.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 02:37:25 am »
I have been recently using the Kasina light/sound device more and more, and, while rather expensive, it has been very effective indeed. The deep rejuvenation track, for example,  made me suddenly less tired and more alert and better able to study, more ffectively than neuroprogrammer 3, mindworkstation or brain.fm. The Kasina device is basically like a walkman designed for brainwave entrainment along with special glasses that emit lights designed to influence the brain. Oddly enough, one is supposed to keep one's eyes closed while wearing the light-emitting glasses.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk