Author Topic: Tallow Uses?  (Read 2793 times)

Offline HoneyBadger

• Deer Hunter
  • I'm breaking the mold
    • View Profile
Tallow Uses?
« on: July 13, 2016, 11:50:59 pm »
So I bought a jar of grass-fed tallow last time I was at Whole foods. I have no idea how to use it though lol. Anyone care to share some recipes or yummy uses for tallow for an inquiring newbie? :)
"Each of us a cell of awareness, imperfect and incomplete.  Genetic blends with uncertain ends on a fortunate hunt that's far too fleet." -Neil Peart

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Tallow Uses?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 12:06:01 am »
Tallow is heated suet and therefore not acceptable on a RPD diet. Really not worth it...
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 12:14:47 am »
If I have fat that doesn't taste good, I render the fat with heat and store it in jars as emergency lamp fat. Tallow makes great lamp fat if you figure out what size wick to use - I use 1/2" braided cotton wick in a terracotta saucer full of tallow.

If you keep tallow and the world ends, you can eat the tallow as food, along with the insects you find.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline HoneyBadger

• Deer Hunter
  • I'm breaking the mold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:20 am »
Yeah, it does suck that's it processed to some degree but my thoughts were that I could use it to make pemmican plus it was on sale and I'm a sucker for a good sale lol. I probably won't buy more unless I can use it in a really good pemmican recipe or something...can't let it go to waste now can I?!
"Each of us a cell of awareness, imperfect and incomplete.  Genetic blends with uncertain ends on a fortunate hunt that's far too fleet." -Neil Peart

Offline HoneyBadger

• Deer Hunter
  • I'm breaking the mold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 12:17:51 am »
Eveheart-thanks for the suggestions! If all else fails, I can use it for emergency food when the world ends and hey, in my opinion, we aren't too far off from the ending of the world as we know it anyhow....

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »
Its good for basketball. Use the tallow as the ball and the trash can as the net. Good times.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk