Author Topic: Look younger and benefit more from exercise via ice baths  (Read 4064 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Look younger and benefit more from exercise via ice baths
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:14:24 am »
I am intending to use this more and more. Not ice-baths per se as I do not have the vast freezers one has in the US. But bathing in cold water will have to do.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:02:01 am »
You could try cryotherapy if you have the money...  Seems to be the newest fad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bff-Ke4SeNc
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:00:38 am »
I am intending to use this more and more. Not ice-baths per se as I do not have the vast freezers one has in the US. But bathing in cold water will have to do.

My tap water runs around 55 - 60 F, which I think is cold enough to have the desired effect of forcing your body to "respond" to the chill. I just let the shower run cold water only to give myself a good chill. That's what the cold-water pool at my Korean bath house uses, too - cold tap water.

For a while, I tried ice-cube water as a face immersion, but I got tired of using all those ice cubes every day. In the meantime, I'll keep looking for those vast freezers that we have in the US. LOL
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 03:08:47 am »
In the meantime, I'll keep looking for those vast freezers that we have in the US. LOL
  Vast indeed:-
http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/fridge-freezers/article/how-to-buy-the-best-american-fridge-freezer 

As regards ice, I agree I will likely give up on using it all the time.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 03:30:39 am »
Oy, Geoff! Too gullible!

There are Americans who buy those vast freezers to put in their vast kitchens in their vast houses,  but that does not mean that "we" have vast freezers in the US.

BTW, is it true that everybody in Europe lives in a castle?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 08:16:27 pm »
I have been currently doing  cold baths for the last  week or so. Amazing in effect and makes me more "palaeo", I guess.  In Vienna, apparently, the water from the tap  comes out at a temperature of  8-10 degrees Celsius as it comes straight from the mountains without being warmed by the sun. So, I won't need to add any ice-packs to my baths. I spend the time reading as the idea is to be in the cold bath for at least an hour a day, overall.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk