Author Topic: Where to buy untreated citrus  (Read 2743 times)

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
Where to buy untreated citrus
« on: October 31, 2018, 03:45:21 am »
Hi,
Where can I find lemons, oranges, grapefruits, limes that are not treated with anything in the UK and or europe?
I want to eat their peels so I would need untreated organic ones..
Thank you
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Where to buy untreated citrus
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 04:02:43 am »
Try Planet organic UK supermarket chain.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 10:45:31 am »
I had some tree ripe limes grown in a backyard in florida, that were far beyond better tasting than anything from the grocery stores. I was trying to get a friend to mail some to me, but the fruit cartels have lobbied for strict laws prohibiting mailing produce over state lines.

There is something not entirely good about much of the organic label citrus at the health food store. I think they are treating and fertilizing with things that may be organic labeled, but are not totally natural...they also harvest most fruit way before it is fully ripe. It can be tolerable, but its not Ideal.

I have a small orange colored lime tree in a pot, that produces some very small fruit, perhaps in a couple of years it will get large enough to bare a useful quantity. Though very small, the fruit is very good.

The same issue seems to be with a number of other products, the organic label is often not a good indication of quality.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:59:00 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Mr_Sirloin

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 06:47:13 pm »
I had some tree ripe limes grown in a backyard in florida

You are very fortunate to live there. Good luck growing citrus in the UK or most of Europe.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 09:48:32 am »
I was in Nice France and there was all kinds of citrus growing everywhere in people yards, maybe if you can make it down to south France for a holiday and stock up.

Citrus can be frozen or dried if you want to buy in bulk
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 08:10:06 pm »
When I lived in Florida oranges were something a person could always get by asking a neighbor if it's ok to pick the off their tree. Most people would let you if you just knocked on the door and asked. I had to drove a client into Los Angeles a few years ago for a medical appointment and there was an abandoned orange grove right next door to the Doctors office. I had forgotten how nice it was to be able to do that. No wonder there were so many healthy homeless people in Florida.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk