Author Topic: Fat Digestion  (Read 2875 times)

Offline leakybrain

• Forager
    • View Profile
Fat Digestion
« on: August 04, 2016, 03:43:49 am »
I do not have a good digestion of fat, resulting in diarrhea when fat consumption, and probably have lots of gallstones blocking
the bile ducts, it would be a problem to switch to the RPD ?, or the diet will cause my body to pass digest properly?

If so, any tips for me to digest fat properly?

I've been trying to eat fat at each meal, try stimulates the flow bile and removes the bile stones on a daily basis, I might have managed to slightly improve my digestion of fat compared to months ago, but I still have diarrhea from time to time.

You consume a lot of fat, and I believe that many of you could not digest it before this diet?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fat Digestion
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:19:19 am »
Eating more fat is not the goal of ancestral eating, but it seems to go hand-in-hand with the ancestral diet if you cut out grains and legumes, which can make up about 50% of the "standard" diet. Let's say, in round numbers, you want to eat 2,000 kcal per day; that would be 1,000 kcal of carbs, or 250 g from carbs. In other words, you need to replace about 10 servings of bread and beans, which you are not eating, in order to get enough calories to be satisfied. You wouldn't want to make a straight protein substitution because you'd be eating way too much protein. Some people go straight for the bananas, as in 30 bananas per day, but that might seem a little quirky to most people. So yes, you do eat more fat.

I say: find your own balance, somewhere between the seal-eaters and the tuber-eaters. Once you have a good starting point, you can gradually move in one direction or another for the sake of experimentation or availability.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 08:57:38 am »
First you 'must' find fat that tastes good to you.  Then try eating it ( room temp.) alone, piece by piece, and stop when it no longer seems appealing.  This is a good way to determine aprox. how much you should be eating at a time.   I also eat smaller amounts throughout the day, rather than in one sitting,, sometimes just for a snack, maybe with a radish or leek or celery.    Kidney fat, dry and tasteless won't satisfy or most.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 11:02:43 am »
It might be good to begin the transition toward higher fat intake with intermittent fasting....around day three of a water fast the body begins to switch over to burning its own reserves, and from that point it may be easier to begin eat, digest and metabolize fats and proteins.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 09:21:22 pm »
If the only problem is your gallbladder, you should still be able to consume moderate amounts of fat per meal, as your liver would be producing the required bile on the go. People who've had their gallbladder removed can still eat fat, they just can't eat 500g of fat (4500 calories) in a single meal. There may also be a problem with your liver's production of bile. One possible temporary solution could be to mix some of your fats with bile from the gallbladder of an animal, but that may only work if the animal regularly eats the same type of fats you're consuming, I'm not sure. I would also try to focus on strenghtening your liver. Regularly eating liver may help with that. You may also try different types of fat. Butter and eggs and bone marrow are some of the easiest to digest. Solid meat fat is tougher.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 06:15:56 pm »
diarreah is good not bad. The fat is triggering a detox. Be thankful for every bout of diarreah you have if you know the food you are eating is clean.

If you are ingesting poisons that are causing your body to react with diarreah to quickly rid the body of something thats a different story but if your food is clean than diarreah is great. be thankful that you are so lucky to have diarreah.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Spa-trots-best-detox-treatment/4917

gallbladder problems do not cause diarrhea. I used to have gallstones and diarreah was not one of my issues.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk