Author Topic: Stamps on the organs?  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Stamps on the organs?
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:28:30 pm »
What are the stamps on some organ meats, and how are they made? I'm sure they're fine, but I'm just curious as to how they are made and what they mean? I've noticed small oval stamps on my lamb livers, and I just got a bison kidney with a huge triangle stamp on it.

This reminds me of another question. What is the blue stuff in the suet? I always have a few patches of it in my suet, and one of the kidneys I got has some on the fat connected to it. I'm not worried about it, but it's such an unnatural looking shade of blue.

Thanks,

Rob

JaX

Re: Stamps on the organs?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:39:43 pm »
I'd say cut off the part where the stamp is. Don't eat the coloring.
In the past animals were simply burn marked.. Today many parts of the animal are marked with a stamp made of artificial color. One farmer, though, told me its a "natural" color made out of some plant concentrate (like fruit color) but you can probably imagine that it's a very industrialized process to make a concentrated color that will stick to meat from something like a plant (just like the process of turning corn in to High Fructose Corn Syrup- a completely unnatural process to form what is labeled a "natural" product) 

I've never seen blue stuff in any meat/fat/organ yet.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Stamps on the organs?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 10:35:14 pm »
Suet can build up fungus/mold sometimes(usually brown/green) but could be blue, I guess.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk