Author Topic: The Guardian comments on SB's interview with Vice  (Read 9528 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
The Guardian comments on SB's interview with Vice
« on: August 21, 2016, 06:02:53 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/02/raw-meat-mono-diet-nutritionists-comment

Just randomly googling got me the above article. Needless to say, I am appalled that they did not even bother  asking DN/SB  to defend his diet, just asking foolish mainstream nutritionists. Perhaps SB could ask the Guardian to do an article on him since the above was so one-sided?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: The Guardian comments on SB's interview with Vice
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 07:55:10 pm »
Of course, these nutritionists are stuck in the Pasteurian dogmas about bacteria and viruses. I understand that SB doesn't eat exclusively meat: he also eat some other foods, thus the main premise in the article is wrong and what the guy says below is in agreement with what most of us know and do, as well as with my signature:
Quote from: Dr Beth Mayer-Davis
A key premise of healthy diet is variety and selection of food. That's because of micronutrients – vitamins and minerals – that can occur in very small amounts in a variety of foods. Any time you limit the types of food that you consume, you're limiting your opportunities to pick up small amounts of nutrients. That may not present a problem to you in the short term, but in the long term of your lifespan could create a problem.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 09:34:11 pm »
Typical Mainstream Nutritionist hackery drivel,

Im hope the Mens Health article, coming up, will drum up mainstream interest and allow me a platform to espouse the benefits of Raw Paleo.
Time will tell,

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 10:52:07 pm »
Forgot to mention. In the other thread was some talk about photos. Try to avoid having that vice photo appear in the men's health articles. You know, the one with your teeth gleeming red from blood. Photographers are a nasty bunch of people who are routinely ordered by newspaper-publishers to photograph famous people constantly until they find a photo that makes the person look especially ridiculous or hateful. Best to have photos of you looking fine and ordinary.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 03:35:48 am »
Ive later today im going to to shoot some HD photos, and this time they will be tasteful and inspirational...

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 04:21:21 am »
Needless to say, I am appalled that they did not even bother  asking DN/SB  to defend his diet, just asking foolish mainstream nutritionists. Perhaps SB could ask the Guardian to do an article on him since the above was so one-sided?

Geoff, every newspaper has what's called its editorial stance, in which the owner, publisher, and editor-in-chief decide what they "believe" in. There is no need to be appalled. It's a logical system with a logical progression: a news organization takes a stance, attracts like-minded readers, and is popular with the people it serves. The Guardian, although its beginnings were steeped in controversy and change,  has a middle-class mainstream audience today, and there is lots of readership in that demographic. This particular company is selling what its customers are buying.

Like the saying goes: "Rocks are hard and water is wet." It is what it is.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 06:26:54 am »
I've said this within other threads, but I think that Derek's approach to marketing himself by allowing others to write or talk about him is extraordinarily risky, and doesn't seem to work out so well. A YouTube channel or self-produced documentary would be a better choice.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 06:54:25 am »
I've said this within other threads, but I think that Derek's approach to marketing himself by allowing others to write or talk about him is extraordinarily risky, and doesn't seem to work out so well. A YouTube channel or self-produced documentary would be a better choice.

When nobody knows who you are, and you're looking to gain fame or brand recognition, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Under that context, the risk is in not having anybody else talk about you.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 07:41:22 am »
When nobody knows who you are, and you're looking to gain fame or brand recognition, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Under that context, the risk is in not having anybody else talk about you.

I absolutely disagree. People often formulate their opinion based on first impressions. If you let others craft the first impression you're going to give people, you're giving away all of your power. The only way you can make a good first impression is if you hold on to the ability to frame your personal appearances. Derek makes no effort to do this. He takes any media opportunity presented to him, and gives away all editorial leverage.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 11:15:28 am »
I dont think there is a logical way to address the mainstream media bias, other than creating an entirely independent platform, which is something I would be willing to pursue with greater vigor, at some point in the future.......perhaps after the legend has had some more time to mature.  At one point in this journey, I was ready to take on the controlled media head on damned of the consequences, and they backed down. The "Doctors", TLC, Discovery channel, Animal planet contacted me about doing a program, and before production could begin, they all got the call from controlled media Headquarters to stand down, and not face me in public. Currently I have taken a more Zen approach and am not hung up on becoming what the world deems successful... after all more than one way to skin a cat.... I no longer actively seek fame, instead keeping open and allowing for opportunities to present themselves in time, while meekly working out higher truths as well as digging into the underground depths.

Currently I am satisfied with living in obscurity, while raising a family, and am content with things as they are..... I have time to practice this way of life and hone my craft, while waiting patiently like a crouching tiger for when the time is right to pounce onto the world stage. My life as it is now days is somewhat precariously balanced, it takes almost all that is in me to earn a living and eek out a good life for me and my loved ones, thoguh I still dream very big, day to day has taken on a more down to earth feel...... seeking fame and acclaim for the most part has taken a back seat to the things in life which contain truer value.

So much of the vision and perspectives I hold dear are esoteric to the extreme, and simply could not be easily translated into media format that could be commercialized. (Eric) I dont really feel called upon to frame my own personal appearance in accord to what the mainstream may consider a good impression. A rare individuals' life, rarely fits a neat little narrative, that can be transcripted into a made for TV special. Being autodidactic from an early age I learned that much of the world will never understand or give a damn about the vast reflections of an introverted mind, and in many instances the world is openly hostile to those who exercise the limitless intellectual freedoms, I occupy much of my time indulging fully.

Still in the face of brutal reality, in both personal and societal limitation, I attempt to maintain a stoical constitution,  though at times I fall into cynical thinking of how perhaps much of the world does not want to wake up, and how the Buddha was right about the universal persistence of ignorance in the wheel of samsara. Then just when it seems like all hope is lost providence seems to call out as it has time and time again..... this Mens health article, from the basic outline they sent, seems well done and generally positive. It could potentially be seen by millions of people and give a greater legitimacy to the RAW truth.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:53:45 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 11:42:48 am »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 12:09:08 pm »
I've enjoyed watching you navigate your public face. You've recovered gracefully from your mistakes.  Honing your craft and laying low makes sense.

It reminds me of Malcolm Gladwell's 10,000-Hour Rule (from his book Outliers: The Story of Success. Quite simply, in addition to finding an extraordinary opportunity to become successful, you need superior preparation; you need to have practiced for the proverbial 10,000 hours.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 12:16:33 pm »
Geoff, every newspaper has what's called its editorial stance, in which the owner, publisher, and editor-in-chief decide what they "believe" in. There is no need to be appalled. It's a logical system with a logical progression: a news organization takes a stance, attracts like-minded readers, and is popular with the people it serves. The Guardian, although its beginnings were steeped in controversy and change,  has a middle-class mainstream audience today, and there is lots of readership in that demographic. This particular company is selling what its customers are buying.

Like the saying goes: "Rocks are hard and water is wet." It is what it is.
You are missing the point, which is that the Guardian takes a Leftwing stance on everything, that is its editorial policy. Technically-speaking, RVAF diets are neither leftwing nor rightwing. So, the Guardian should not really care either way whether raw foods are healthy or not. Having an editorial policy on absolutely everything basically involves a form of totalitarianism where no journalist can feel free to express an opinion of his/her own.

What worries me is that newspapers often force  photographers to, for example,  deliberately portray people as seeming guilty by waiting until the person looks angry etc. even before the person goes to trial.  That is why politicians/celebrities always try to avoid being seen eating in public as they know they look at their worst then.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 12:20:45 pm »
http://imgur.com/tGcpZna
Nice, respectable photo. Also, the beard is, imo, necessary for a man promoting a palaeolithic-type diet!
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 12:28:43 pm »
You are missing the point, which is that the Guardian takes a Leftwing stance on everything, that is its editorial policy. Technically-speaking, RVAF diets are neither leftwing nor rightwing. So, the Guardian should not really care either way whether raw foods are healthy or not. Having an editorial policy on absolutely everything basically involves a form of totalitarianism where no journalist can feel free to express an opinion of his/her own.

What worries me is that newspapers often force  photographers to, for example,  deliberately portray people as seeming guilty by waiting until the person looks angry etc. even before the person goes to trial.  That is why politicians/celebrities always try to avoid being seen eating in public as they know they look at their worst then.

The editors of The Guardian do get to take a stance on absolutely everything. As an employee, a journalist has to follow editorial guidelines, or start her own paper. Do you work for someone else? then your employer calls the shots. Do others work for you? then you call the shots. Perhaps you work for yourself with no employees; then you are in the minority.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 12:41:26 pm »
The editors of The Guardian do get to take a stance on absolutely everything. As an employee, a journalist has to follow editorial guidelines, or start her own paper. Do you work for someone else? then your employer calls the shots. Do others work for you? then you call the shots. Perhaps you work for yourself with no employees; then you are in the minority.
Hmm, I guess dictatorships are the norm, these days. And, admittedly, in the West, vegetarianism/veganism is seen as leftwing to some extent, though it is the reverse elsewhere.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 01:17:49 pm »
Hmm, I guess dictatorships are the norm, these days.

Dictatorship? I wasn't talking about a government. I was talking about a business, in which the owners gets to run their own company any way they see fit.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 10:55:28 pm »
http://imgur.com/tGcpZna

Looks like a very good quality piece of meat. How long does it take you to eat all of that?
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 07:51:48 pm »
If you dont play into the freakshow aspect your not going to get any airtime on mainstream media.

The best one could do is play into the freakshow aspect for attention then some people will get interested and look into it. Far more than if you'd never been given any attention at all without the freakshow aspect.

I would suggest making your own website then wearing a tshirt with the address in all interviews. This will create a funnel through which all future inquiries by the interested parties will be under your control.
-----------

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 09:04:12 am »
Typical Mainstream Nutritionist hackery drivel,

Im hope the Mens Health article, coming up, will drum up mainstream interest and allow me a platform to espouse the benefits of Raw Paleo.
Time will tell,

Sabertooth, have you considered doing a blood test to officially confirm that your body is healthy?

The best would be if the film crew could film you in the doctor's office with the doctor saying that you're in good health according to blood test results!

Mainstream society seems to base their opinions on whether something is healthy or not on blood tests...
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 09:23:08 am »
I would be open for blood testing if the opertunity presents itself, unfortunate the medical scientific establishment for the most part does not seem interested in either proving or disproving my claims, so there haven't been any offers.

I am currently without any type of medical insurance and the out of pocket cost for such test is criminally high...but if any wealthy and generous Raw Paleo Patrons would fork out about 2,000 USDs, I would be happy to set up a full regiment of "scientific test"

Much of the standard blood screenings are bunk anyway when it comes to gauging overall levels of health and vitality...their primary value is in detecting severe dysfunctions and imbalances, and the establishment shys away from the development of more precise methods by which to detect for what is optimal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk