Author Topic: Calcium and Paleo Diet  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Healthiswealth

• Forager
    • View Profile
Calcium and Paleo Diet
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:16:10 pm »
I have a question regarding calcium intake during the winter months. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that calcium is found mainly in leafy green vegetables. In the cold weather I believe that Hunter-Gatherers didn't eat much greens because they were not in season and would not grow in that time. How would they obtain certain vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, during the winter months?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Calcium and Paleo Diet
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 10:40:42 am »
by eating the whole animal.  They also ate rodents like mice, and birds, and insects, bones and all.  They didn't have metal files for grinding down bones, but near the end of long bones there is ample supply of fiberous bone that can be scooped out with sharp rocks etc.    And like Sabertooth, they drank the blood, if it was their own kill.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Calcium and Paleo Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 11:25:05 pm »
Soft cartilage, connective tissue, blood, the gritty marrow of knuckle joints can all be consumed, and have the perfect balance of minerals needed for building strong bones and healthy tissues...

Another important point is the calcium intake requirements for people eating processed cooked diets will generally be much higher than those eating a holistic  Raw Paleo diet. Anti-nutrients in grains, refined carbs, and numerous other insidious factors of modern life leach minerals out of the bones and prevent the optimal assimilation of minerals into the bodies tissue, so more calcium is needed for people living in the modern industrial agricultural medical matrix, to maintain bone density, than those living on the Raw.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk