Author Topic: Raw greens, fibre and adapting to carnivorous  (Read 3843 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Raw greens, fibre and adapting to carnivorous
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:00:02 pm »
Hi.

My stomach has been quite uncomfortable the last couple of days since more or less jumping into a raw carni diet.

Today I intuitively felt I needed some greens, so had a bit of lettuce and chard. My stomach feels a lot better now, as well as general energy level.

My question is eating raw greens merely delaying the inevitable regarding adapting to a putrefactive digestion? That is to say, if I keep eating things with fibre in will it hinder adapting to digesting and passing meat?

Cheers, Josh

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Raw greens, fibre and adapting to carnivorous
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:00:25 am »
Primal diet theory looks at juiced veggies to balance the raw animal food intake.
I also read Rami Nagel of Cure Tooth Decay fame say this.
Go with how you feel.
You do know there is an adjustment period.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 07:32:45 pm »
Yeh thanks....problem is if I go with what I intuitively want I could end up eating a lot of fruit and veggies as the meat is not sitting right at the moment.

Seems like this could hinder the adjustment to meat.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 06:19:06 am »
Hi Josh,

As goodsamaritan said, there is inevitably going to be an adjustment period for you - particularly if you've jumped straight into the diet rather than taking gradual steps.  If you didn't do so, it may also have been wise to initiate the new direction with a period of fasting to help cleanse & prepare your digestive system.

I've been eating RAF for 8 years now with my current paleo diet following on from 4 years of my own version of Aajonus's Primal diet.  I have no problems digesting vast quantities of meats despite still eating small amounts of fresh herbs, onion, peppers, garlic etc.  It may be wise to take it slowly as introducing radical dietary changes to the body will always have consequences such as those you've experienced.

I would add, however, that the closer I move towards the zero-carb diet of meat, fat & water and the less fruit/veg I consume, the better my digestion becomes.  Perhaps if zero-carb was your goal then, in answer to your question, yes - you probably are delaying the inevitable regarding adapting to putrefactive digestion.  Personally though, I'm not intellectually or spiritually convinced that humans are supposed to be pure carnivores and I believe small quantities of selected fruit/veg/nuts are valid natural foods.  In such a scenario, I wouldn't envisage a digestive system capable only of putrefactive digestion as an asset.  Surely we were hunter/GATHERERS which meant we could benefit in the survival stakes from an adaptive digestive system.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 11:23:27 pm »
Hi there..Thanks for the reply. I think I'll stick with what I'm doing, maybe with a very small amount of greens.

Who knows about paleo philosophy? I just want to give raw carnivorous a good try, then if it doesn't work out raw omni and other things. :)

Cheers, Josh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk