Author Topic: Fecal Microbiota Transplant - need stool donor  (Read 10045 times)

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Fecal Microbiota Transplant - need stool donor
« on: January 18, 2017, 10:42:53 am »
Hi guys, I'm trying to find someone healthy enough to be a stool donor. The qualifications are really strict and so far no one healthy enough has been willing to be a donor.

From what I can tell, most people on this forum seem to be dealing with their own medical problems so there might not be many valid donors here. But if anyone knows someone super healthy that would work. If there are some specific people on this forum who are super healthy can you name them so I can PM them in case they don't see this thread?

Here's a bunch of info on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Microbiome/wiki/index#wiki_fecal_microbiota_transplants_.28fmt.29.3A

Does anyone know anything about visiting tribes? I'm thinking about trying to visit the Maasai or something... What are some other tribes known for great health? If it were possible, young Jamaican track & field athletes would be amazing donors, but I imagine they might have similar reactions as the US athletes that I've tried to solicit.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:38:49 am by MaximilianKohler »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fecal Microbiota Transplant - need stool donor
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:03:08 am »
Fecal transplants would only be warranted for people who have undergone long term antibiotic treatments.

Ideally a person can reestablish healthy gut flora by simply eating whole natural foods. Dry aged meats and plant based foods grown with quality compost eaten right out of the ground would be a good place to start.

Also it takes time...perhaps up too two years?? to totally reestablish a healthy gut microbiom after being wiped out. The first step is to cease all drug use, and stop consuming foods that are irritating to the bowels. Then I would recommend stomach and intestinal smoothies made of the healthiest and most quality animals you can obtain. The intestinal fats and tissues, the pancreatic tissue, liver, glands and organs will all have a positive effect on rebuilding strong and functional bowls.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 04:08:32 am »
Although there are folks on these boards who do suffer from various maladies, not everyone's like that. I consider myself a healthy person, though not sure what the medical criteria are for becoming a fecal donor. It also seems to me that you should really be looking for someone locally. I assume that the outpatient facility where the transplant will occur will probably want the receive the fecal donation without it being shipped across country?

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 04:41:07 am »
Fecal transplants would only be warranted for people who have undergone long term antibiotic treatments.

Ideally a person can reestablish healthy gut flora by simply eating whole natural foods. Dry aged meats and plant based foods grown with quality compost eaten right out of the ground would be a good place to start.

Also it takes time...perhaps up too two years?? to totally reestablish a healthy gut microbiom after being wiped out. The first step is to cease all drug use, and stop consuming foods that are irritating to the bowels. Then I would recommend stomach and intestinal smoothies made of the healthiest and most quality animals you can obtain. The intestinal fats and tissues, the pancreatic tissue, liver, glands and organs will all have a positive effect on rebuilding strong and functional bowls.

I've been following the research on this very closely so I know a lot about this subject. The above text is not accurate. Firstly, antibiotics can have permanent damage that can only be fixed by replacing the killed off microbes. Diet cannot do this. Secondly, "only warranted for people who've taken antibiotics" is not accurate either. See this: Diet-induced extinctions in the gut microbiota compound over generations: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaap/ncurrent/full/nature20796.html

Beyond the wiki link I posted in the OP, here's more info: https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/Microbiome-ArchiveIntro-0Buskk5GY8phCwYaR3h7s

Although there are folks on these boards who do suffer from various maladies, not everyone's like that. I consider myself a healthy person, though not sure what the medical criteria are for becoming a fecal donor. It also seems to me that you should really be looking for someone locally. I assume that the outpatient facility where the transplant will occur will probably want the receive the fecal donation without it being shipped across country?

The criteria for being a donor are in the wiki link I posted in the OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/Microbiome/wiki/index#wiki_scientific_info.3A

This screening questionnaire in particular: http://freetexthost.com/5wxb3epoun

A local donor would absolutely be preferable. However, I've been trying to find just that for the past year and haven't been able to do so. Here's a list of most of what I've tried over the past year to locate a donor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Microbiome/comments/4w650j/finding_an_fmt_donor_methods_attempts_and_failures/

BTW, you can actually ship the stool via overnight across country, but it's more ideal to do it in person within a few minutes of the donor's BM. I'm willing to travel if necessary. I live in Arizona at the moment. There's also no hospital involved, since the research is so new right now anything that is not C.difficile infection is DIY.

Here's an article about a guy doing the DIY procedure I'll do (except he does some extreme & unnecessary things): http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/4/11581994/fmt-fecal-matter-transplant-josiah-zayner-microbiome-ibs-c-diff

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 07:26:40 am »
Im not very trusting of secondhand online research? Im sure Fecal transplants have merit in treating certain bowl conditions, but I still contend that there are other more naturalistic methods to re-poop-ulate the gut with optimal bacteria. The problem is that my methods will not be researched by an establishment that would refuse to feed people rotten meat and raw intestines, because of systemic ingrained ignorance, based on unfounded germ theory phobia.

Please give us some more personal information and perhaps we could get a better idea of how to give helpful suggestion. Are you taking drugs, supplements or other treatments? Are you living in a way that would prevent or inhibit the natural process of recolonization?

It is my view that the Bactria balance that would work best must be cultivated out of a living holistic environment. The microbes that feed off the local soil from which the local forage grows out of, needs to be consumed first and foremost. I eat sheep stomachs and intestines, and do not wash the fecal matter from the offal. The organisms that live in the bowls of the animals you consume will be optimal to repopulate your gut, and the soil organisms that grow your plants will also be good, if the overall environment is optimal.

Basically consuming human waste isn't necessarily necessary in my view,  though I would agree to the premise that it could be beneficial "if" you had a truly indigenous human who lives in the manor I prescribed then it could be something to consider depending on the circumstance... such a person would naturally accumulate the right balance of bacteria needed to digest the local Manna.....but if you chose to consume waste from a human who isnt optimally balanced to the environment which you will be living in then the results would be less effective.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:34:55 am by sabertooth »

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 07:41:41 am »
Im not very trusting of secondhand online research?
Ok, so follow the citations I provided.

>The problem is that my methods will not be researched by an establishment that would refuse to feed people rotten meat and raw intestines.

That's not really a problem. There are enough studies showing that gut microbes are strain/host specific: https://www.reddit.com/r/Microbiome/comments/5a2ss5/guide_to_probiotics/

Yes, getting some food-sourced microbes can be helpful, but they're very different from the ones native to the human gut.

>Please give us some more personal information and perhaps we could get a better idea of how to give help suggestion. Are you taking drugs, supplements or other treatments? Are you living in a way that would prevent or inhibit the natural process of recolonization?

I've tried pretty much everything possible. I did various versions of the raw paleo diet, and did 80/10/10rv as well. I only take imodium & creatine because they help with fatigue that leaves me bedridden for most of the day. At the moment I'm eating ~80-90% resistant starches: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/boost-your-intake-of-resistant-starch-to-help-your-gut-thrive/article33618103/ and prior to that I had to dwindle my diet down to basically only raw milk. Currently it seems like my main problem has to do with bile production/absorption due to antibiotic damage: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00253-016-8006-6

>I eat sheep stomachs and intestines, and do nbot was the fecal matter from the offal. The organisms that live in the bowls of the animals you consume will be optimal to repopulate your gut, and the soil organisms that grow your plants will also be good, if the overall environment is optimal.

So essentially you're doing FMT from animals. That's a lot more risky and probably less effective for the previous factors I mentioned regarding strain/host specificity.

>though I would agree to the premise that it could be beneficial "if" you had a truly indigenous human who lives in the manor I prescribed then it could be something to consider depending on the circumstance... such a person would naturally accumulate the right balance of bacteria needed to digest the local Manna

This is an appeal to nature fallacy that is not supported by the research. https://www.reddit.com/r/Microbiome/comments/5m92je/first_snapshot_of_inuit_gut_microbiome_shows/

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 08:06:24 am »
Healing isn't a mechanistic process by which you simply insert the right strains of bacteria and presto.

You cannot know what strains of bacteria work best? All the sources you have cited do not address the fundamental point I am attempting to communicate . My advise is to work on cultivating the optimal gut environment. If you build it the Bactria will come!

Personally I found Raw dairy to be horrific, supplements to be useless, resistance starches are best in moderation....If you really want to rebuild your health it has to begin from within, (no one can prescribe the cure)....Healing is a way of living that must be learned experientially.... hone your instincts, try eliminating problem foods (such as Dairy), take a break from all supplements and other artificial protocols.

The body can re-balance without the need for such elaborate protocols..... from my own experience raw sheep offal from clean pastures, dry aged meats, small amounts of fresh greens and herbs have helped to heal my gut issues...while at the same time I watched other people cling to their notions and protocols while ignoring the clear sighs that what they are doing isn't working.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:16:13 am by sabertooth »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 08:36:12 am »
You can create your own fixed intestinal terrain by following the teachings of my new teacher www.mycolonisfilthy.com

It is not a pure raw thing, but I did his protocol last year and it works.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 09:04:52 am »
If you build it the Bactria will come!
From?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 09:06:57 am »
From?

www.mycolonisfilthy.com

Follow that teacher.

If you live near him, go live with him for a few days.

I bought his protocol because I live far.

Was successful. I was infected by mold /  fungus, like he did.
Took root in my guts.
Was living in an infected house.
I relocated.
Followed his protocol and got well.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 09:10:49 am »
www.mycolonisfilthy.com

Follow that teacher.

If you live near him, go live with him for a few days.

I bought his protocol because I live far.

Was successful. I was infected by mold /  fungus, like he did.
Took root in my guts.
Was living in an infected house.
I relocated.
Followed his protocol and got well.

It looks like a scam. I'm 100% positive I know more about the gut microbiome than he does anyway.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 11:14:28 am »
From?

I understand your frustration and have compassion for what you are going through, please try to understand what took me years to figure out, and let go of these confounded notions.

Ive explained that, the raw environment, from which the food grows out of, contains all the essential microbes needed to sustain homeostasis within the microbiol inner world of the individual organisms which inhabit the environment.

Antibiotics are like napalm for the microbiom...and it can take up to two years under optimal conditions to fully recover. Typically people who undergo such drug based treatments which lead them to the point of requiring a fecal transplant, do not follow the advise I am giving to you. Imagine hospital patients whose gut flora has been wiped out after taking long term drug based treatments and being given only the most sterilized of foods....of fucking course they are going to benefit from fecal transplant, but that does not mean that there are not better methods.

I make my own animal compost with rotten meat and garden waste, from which I grow the greens I eat, with the dirt, aphids worms and maggots all crawling over everything. The aged meat I eat has what bacteria is needed to help with digestion. The living earth is alive with bacterial forms.... by grazing from the foliage, scavenging for carrion one can pick up all the necessary symbiant organisms by which to thrive.

Also!!! Imodium is poison to the gut stop taking it! Dairy can also be a big problem for such conditions, as well as eating large amounts of resistant starch.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 11:32:17 am »
We'll have to agree to disagree on most of that.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 11:45:04 am »
It looks like a scam. I'm 100% positive I know more about the gut microbiome than he does anyway.

Did you not read what I wrote?
I bought his protocol.
I actually DID his protocol for 5 months.
I successfully healed myself from mold / fungus infection.
So I am telling you it is not a scam.

Good grief man.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 11:49:17 am »
I bought his protocol.

Good grief man.

There have been many similar claims from various people on this forum. I've tried some of them since I was desperate, but I have more knowledge now.

Anyway, I'd like to keep this on topic.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 02:15:43 pm »
I bought his protocol.

Good grief man.

why don't you share the essence of what he suggests?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 09:49:06 pm »
He's not interested.
He wants to concentrate on fecal transplant.
I've recently learned to not waste time dispensing knowledge when people aren't interested.
If someone else is interested, open a thread.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 02:20:09 am »
I read through the questionnaire. I suspect I would be considered 'healthy'. You are acting like an ass though, and treating people who are quite knowledgable about this poorly, so you will have to look elsewhere for your donor.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 10:17:04 am »
why don't you share the essence of what he suggests?
[/quote

not necessarily for him, but for the rest of us,, if there's something novel of value.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 02:26:04 pm »
You are acting like an ass though, and treating people who are quite knowledgable about this poorly
Can you be more specific?  You could PM me so as not to clutter the thread with off-topic discussion.

"Scam" was not the word I was looking for, but my brain function is quite low at the moment so I have trouble finding the right words. I tried a thesaurus to no avail.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk