Author Topic: Is it ok to mostly eat dried meat?  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Drengr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Is it ok to mostly eat dried meat?
« on: March 02, 2017, 09:57:00 am »
I have been trying to eat raw for a few weeks but seem to have problems digesting meat that hasn't been dried or cured so I'm mainly eating homemade bison and elk jerky (mostly heart, liver and kidney). I can eat completely unprocessed glands like adrenal and thymus, marrow, suet/backfat and fruit. Should I just keep trying completely raw meat and hope I eventually can eat it without problems or is it ok if I keep eating the jerky as long as I'm also eating the glands and fat that are completely raw?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:57:48 pm by Drengr »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Is it ok to mostly eat dried meat?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 04:33:31 pm »
The jerky will be water-free so , theoretically, you should drink more water to compensate for that. Mineral-water, not tapwater, of course,  unless you are sure of the source. Also consider eating "high-meat" after a while.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPatsy

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 06:11:34 pm »
Water would be my first guess as well. Get some high count mineral water and maybe electrolyte tablets if you are feeling lethargic.

Offline Kakahodmak

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 03:18:37 pm »
I can not believe that this will be seen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk