Author Topic: Mini-Ice-Age coming in 2030s  (Read 6269 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Drengr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Ice-Age coming in 2030s
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 07:50:41 am »
This will make me sound heartless but I'll say it anyway, I hope this is true so the weak will be weeded out like what happened during the little ice ages in the 1600s and 1700s. The Earth could use a reduction in human population.

Offline HelpMeToHelpEwe

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
More to be had than could ever be...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 12:51:28 am »
While I don't fear the loss of our dead weight,  and also don't expressly want that because I was one of those sheep at one time, there is NO overpopulation issue.

Just because humans have chosen to pile on top of each other in just a handfull of places around the plane, does NOT result in a factoidal outcome of overpop.

Have you ever driven across the united states? I have, from top to bottom and left to right....more fuqqing land and water than you can shake a barrel of sticks at. Hashtag Permascape it all. If you farm water and forage, ALL else is possible....open thine eyes and heart.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 03:17:13 am »
Overpopulation is not a myth. I have lived in the UK  and it is a disaster. The only remote unpopulated areas left are in Wales and some Scottish islands.France is in a similiar state. Worst of all, each human's footprint is getting ever bigger.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Drengr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 03:34:25 am »
Just because there is a lot of empty land doesn't mean it could be used for food production  or settlement. My state is mostly desert and a lot of the water has arsenic or mercury. Some lakes had massive die offs of fish and waterfowl because of the toxins and some pets were severely sickened by drinking or playing in the water.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:47:52 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 04:58:47 am »
I was told that the US had a 12:1 times more land:-population ratio compared to the UK. What with all the mass-immigration to the US this ratio will be soon reduced to 1:1. With the  extra overpollution occurring there as well, that time will be very soon.....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:43:08 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 05:36:34 am »
Just because there is a lot of empty land doesn't mean it could be used for food production  or settlement. My state is mostly desert and a lot of the water has arsenic or mercury. Some lakes had massive die offs of fish and waterfowl because of the toxins and some pets were severely sickened by drinking or playing in the water.

Exactly. Population always concentrate on the most suitable habitats: towns have been built on the best places, on river banks or lake shores.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Drengr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 05:46:25 am »
Exactly. Population always concentrate on the most suitable habitats: towns have been built on the best places, on river banks or lake shores.

We have several small lakes in town and the pollution I mentioned was caused by a combination of waste/sewage being dumped into them and intensive mining in the mountains in the 1800s that caused toxic run off into the rivers and streams that feed the lakes. Luckily there are 2 big lakes within a 35-40 drive outside of the city that have clean water where we can catch salmon, trout, bass and crawfish pretty much year round.

Offline HelpMeToHelpEwe

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
.. Ya'll make it real challenging.

Do you all live under a rock?

Have you no concept of thermodynamics?

Not that you deserve this either buuuut..
Water out of thin air..derrrr and it is being constantly scaled up as we speak...
https://youtu.be/rDXWK5GRaiQ

Are you completely ignorant of works like Geoff Lawton's "Greening The Desert" ?

Did Sepp Holzer have vast amounts of water before he permascaped the mountain he is on?

Here you go simpletons, not that you deserve this...
GEOFF LAWTON "GREENING THE DESERT"
https://youtu.be/2xcZS7arcgk

Do I need to mention that as we move off earth blood as fuel and onto solar that we can pipe water any fucking place we like on the planet just as we have done with sweet crude??? BASIC.

What I (do)n't understand is why those who can't, Don't just stfu and stay out of the way of those of us who DO.

Lastly, if this hurts all your sensitive wittle caveman feewings, you can feel free to ban me. I switch fones each month so you'll never get a fix on my IP....

Fuckig think for a second, tools.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:56:52 am by HelpMeToHelpEwe »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 08:18:26 am »
You have issues.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 08:31:32 am »
HelpMe,

We can't change theminds of pro depopulationists.

All we can do is try to survive and reproduce ourselves.  Let our descendants inherit the earth.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Drengr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 12:04:10 pm »
HelpMeToHelpEwe- The only information I can find about the Warka tower is the inventor making claims about how much water it can produce, which is far less than the average Westerner uses. It can supposedly make 25 gallons per day while a family of four typically uses over 300 gallons per day. Get back to me when they can make these devices large and effective to generate enough daily water for a heavily populated state like California so they won't have to deal with droughts anymore.

goodsamaritan- Let's just keep breeding like rabbits so instead of 7 billion humans there will be 100 billion. That way there is no more land left to raise animals or grow crops or build the water generating device HelpMeToHelpEwe thinks will save the world. Do you want your descendants to end up eating lab grown "meat" or do know of some magical invention that could feed that many people?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:24:28 pm by Drengr »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 01:44:07 pm »
I will keep breeding.  I will keep betting on this lottery of life as to who inherits this earth.
It's just like the title of Aajonus' books: We Want to Live!

The rest of you guys do what you want with your own lives.
Be extinct if you want to.

To each his own.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 08:11:52 pm »
Drengr  made some  good points. Besides, attempts to regreen deserts  etc. are minuscule compared to the steady daily worldwide destruction of the environment.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 10:56:51 pm »
This thread quickly degraded into the old overpopulation depopulation crap discussion.

We should stick to the topic of mini ice age.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 05:12:42 am »
You should be fine though GS, if the average temperature dropped a couple of degrees as it seems pretty hot where you are?
It's very temperate here so a drop should be ok. My heat pump works well and we have a sunny house. Probably the main question is what will the rain do in your area? Is that good for agriculture?
Food prices will increase, and I'm very glad not to live in Russia!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 10:00:01 am »
It looks more like that we will face a climate of widely varying extremes. This January was the coldest for  3 decades in Austria, for example. In Northern Italy, it's now common to have no rain for months followed by sudden flash-floods, and so on.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 08:04:30 pm »
"goodsamaritan- Let's just keep breeding like rabbits so instead of 7 billion humans there will be 100 billion"  Don't worry the human race will never approach anywhere near 100 million.  We have things like nuclear disasters, vaccines, and abortions to help keep the population down!  Don't understand why some people seem to fear life rather than death itself?  Like the human race is just some sort of lab experiment that is yours to control. 

Sorry, I am off on a tangent will shut up now...
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »
We've had scares such s the cold war, ebola etc. but none of them worked at reducing population. So, the likelihood is that humanity won't die with a bang but slowly and painfully over 1000s of years. Just look at current statistics, and you can see what a steady, small annual  rise in percentage of birth-defects etc. means after , say, 1000 generations, for example.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 04:46:57 am »
China is a good example of overpopulation being a myth. They aren't fucked cause there are too many of them, they are fucked because they are trying to adopt western lifestyle since their government attempted to abandon theirs in the cultural revolution. They have fractions the water and land resources of America yet support way more people. The idea that we have a higher quality of life is partly true and partly myth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk