Author Topic: New drive to ban US raw milk  (Read 5488 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline the6step

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: New drive to ban US raw milk
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 08:58:19 pm »
In that same article they talk about raw meat and eggs being the common sources of salmonella, e coli & campylobacter poisoning. If we'd ignore those claims then we shouldn't just champion their claims of raw milk either (I'm anti dairy at the moment but still). Daily Mail has a known track record of sensationalism, slander & lying.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 09:15:05 pm »
*sips a cup of raw milk* oh no *sips again* I'm so worried *continues drinking raw milk*  ;D
I've been eating raw eggs for months. According to popular belief, I should have died many times by now due to Salmonella. In reality I've had no issues at all - no diarrhea, no aches, nothing.
Besides, small-to-moderate stressors and allowance for recovery makes the human body stronger. Sheltering it makes it weaker.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 10:22:35 pm »
In that same article they talk about raw meat and eggs being the common sources of salmonella, e coli & campylobacter poisoning. If we'd ignore those claims then we shouldn't just champion their claims of raw milk either (I'm anti dairy at the moment but still). Daily Mail has a known track record of sensationalism, slander & lying.
Actually, the DM has way more credibility than other newspapers. That's one of the main reasons why it is so much more popular than others UK/US newspapers. Admittedly, they do sometimes descend into drivel like celebrity-gossip, but they have always been a bit  of a tabloid newspaper in some ways. Personally, I find that the DM has far more interesting  articles anyway than the Daily Telegraph or the Guardian, online-wise. The DT and the Guardian tend to shorten articles a lot in an attempt to dumb down etc.

I note that the Guardian's piece on Sabertooth's raw-meat diet was wholly dismissive with most of the article focussing on the drivelling criticism from 2 nutritionists. The Daily Mail's article was lengthy and allowed Derek a chance to give his opinions on the subject.

I would suggest that if any RPDer wants to be interviewed in future, that the DM is a better place to get a fair hearing. My interview with the Times newspaper was absurd in the way that the writer  deliberately distorted what I had said. Besides, the DM is wiping the floor with the competition, with newspapers like the Guardian begging for handouts or demanding  subscription-fees etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:46:55 am »
*sips a cup of raw milk* oh no *sips again* I'm so worried *continues drinking raw milk*  ;D
I've been eating raw eggs for months. According to popular belief, I should have died many times by now due to Salmonella. In reality I've had no issues at all - no diarrhea, no aches, nothing.
Besides, small-to-moderate stressors and allowance for recovery makes the human body stronger. Sheltering it makes it weaker.

Factory farmed eggs or eggs from grass fed chickens?

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 05:47:48 am »
Factory farmed eggs or eggs from grass fed chickens?

Chickens don't eat grass.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 08:04:40 am »
Eric brought up a good point. Even I assumed that wild jungle fowl likely did not eat grass unless desperate perhaps. However, this and other sources suggest otherwise:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmcrqm8G44
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 09:52:08 am »
I observed chickens eating fresh grass when it is given to them.  And they ate it until nothing left.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 04:56:16 pm »
I saw a few chickens eat individual blades of grass, but mostly they just picked at it and kicked it around. Not very impressive, in my view. I'm sure if you starved them you could get them to eat most anything.

My guess is that if she had put down a pile of bugs and a pile of grass next to each other, the bugs would be gone before the chickens even touched the grass.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 09:55:02 pm »
That's possible. Chickens I observed were awash in crushed corn and when they saw green grass they went to it like it was the last thing on earth.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 01:29:58 am »
Went to it to eat it, or hoping they could scratch around in it and find insects?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 06:20:31 am »
Eating it like crazy.

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 07:55:31 pm »
Chickens don't eat grass.
I saw a few chickens eat individual blades of grass, but mostly they just picked at it and kicked it around. Not very impressive, in my view. I'm sure if you starved them you could get them to eat most anything.

My guess is that if she had put down a pile of bugs and a pile of grass next to each other, the bugs would be gone before the chickens even touched the grass.

An arrogant person is incapable of admitting their own ignorance.

Force feeding preferential is not and will never be an indication of what animals do out in the wild in survival situations. Eating food that is correct for each animal is something that most animals including humans need to learn. It is the process of not having constant access to food that makes us understand which foods are good and which foods aren't good for us.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 11:52:42 pm »
The blatant ignorance and arrogance of many of the anti raw commentators on the article is most astonishing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chickens are ravenous and will eat grass, and pretty much anything in their path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNORSJZ5xc
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk