Author Topic: Caffeine is easy to give up. I've done it 100's of times!  (Read 2400 times)

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Caffeine is easy to give up. I've done it 100's of times!
« on: June 10, 2017, 01:48:43 am »
Anybody got any advise for giving up caffeine? No matter how many times I give it up I always seem to come back to it. I tell myself one cup a day is ok but eventually it leads to two and three and a caffeine headache. The headache seems to be a symptom of withdrawal and usually comes on at night and is alleviated somewhat by drinking a cup of coffee.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Caffeine is easy to give up. I've done it 100's of times!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 07:41:21 am »
Coffee is disgusting. It tastes worse than beer. I could never bring myself to drink it without mixing it with a bit of milk or cream. The beans are roasted (burned) before you even make your beverage. Lots of toxicity in there. If you must drink caffeinated beverages, grab some tea or yerba mate tea. Choosing a healthier option may be a step toward weaning yourself off it. Be careful with yerba mate tea, however, as the taste is so mild that it's easy to consume gigantic amounts of caffeine by drinking a very concentrated beverage (which is typically the traditional way it's consumed, or at least traditional by modern standards). Even so, I would choose very concentrated yerba mate over coffee any day.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:48:06 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Caffeine is easy to give up. I've done it 100's of times!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 12:48:08 am »
I don't want to switch to some other kind of beverage. I want to give it up for good this time. Over the last 20 years I've mostly been without caffeine but I always come up with some excuse to start it up again. I don't even remember what it was the last time. All I remember was that I told myself it was ok as long as I didn't have more than one cup a day. But in the last week or two it escalated because it was one of the last few cooked foods I've been eating. Or drinking I guess. Thinking back I haven't actually quit drinking it hundreds of times. Probably dozens though. I used to get terrible headaches when I was younger but I never made the association to caffeine for many years because drinking coffee would always take a headache away even though it was what was causing it in the first place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk