Author Topic: Calcium fluoride discussion  (Read 7949 times)

Offline rook1899

• Forager
    • View Profile
Calcium fluoride discussion
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:21:28 am »
So most people who are paranoid about Fluoride in the water are concerned about "Sodium Fluoride"
not "Calcium Fluoride".  If you look at a water quality report for any natural "spring or mineral" (not purified) water there is
always a small amount of fluoride in it.  But this is "Calcium Fluoride" that is naturally occurring in the soil, and earth correct?
Therefore natural sources of water like springs and wells have Calcium Fluoride in in them.

So my question is with all the paranoia and fear going around about fluoride is...

Is Calcium Fluoride a beneficial micro mineral?

Quoting from a video I watched on youtube

"Fluoride is the 2nd most store micro-mineral in your body right now, right behind iron, but there are so many fear mongering websites that call themselves "Natural Health" websites that fail to discuss the difference between the toxic silica fluoride from a manufacturing process in China that is never tested and dumped into out children's water, and real, naturally occurring fluoride that you body can not live without."

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:27:07 am by rook1899 »

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Calcium fluoride discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 04:46:39 am »
Good idea for a topic. I don't know about your body actually needing fluoride but I have read that calcium fluoride is supposed to be more than a thousand times less toxic than the stuff they put in our drinking water. Also I recall that the studies about fluoride being beneficial to the teeth were all based on naturally occurring fluoride and that there have been no studies showing the benefits of the kind of fluoride they are adding to our drinking water and tooth paste which is supposedly industrial waste. 

Offline rook1899

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 06:56:43 am »
I cant post links yet but
the video on youtube is titled-      "Fluoride is not ALL a poison - It is a Nutrient "

copy and paste that

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 07:56:40 am »
I was able to post links after 4 or 5 posts. You might try making some short posts and see if it helps.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 07:58:54 am »
Here is the link to your video. I'm watching it right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i80qso5pEVU

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 09:51:43 am »
My BS alarm is going off for this guy right now. I've watched some of his other videos and everything he says seems too good to be true and he's very vague when it gets down to getting any tangible information out of him. Also much of what he recommends to take is prescribed in homeopathic doses by other people but this guy is so vague he never lets on one way or the other.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 05:37:00 pm »
Moving topic to off-topic forum- This topic simply does NOT belong in the general discussions forum> Hmm, actually, given the controversial/dubious claim it belongs in the hot topics forum.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 12:30:11 am »
The guy's name is Tim Goyetche. He also goes by the name Witch Dr. Tim. As far as I can tell he is the main proponent other than dentists going around saying fluoride is good for you. The more I research the more I believe he is a fraud and a total con man. I found no evidence that any form of fluoride is necessary for survival and very little to suggest it may be beneficial.

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 09:25:49 am »
The guy's name is Tim Goyetche. He also goes by the name Witch Dr. Tim. As far as I can tell he is the main proponent other than dentists going around saying fluoride is good for you. The more I research the more I believe he is a fraud and a total con man. I found no evidence that any form of fluoride is necessary for survival and very little to suggest it may be beneficial.

I agree with you.  I researched him and he is not the guy to be following lol. 

But anyway..Back to Calcium Fluoride.   I found that video because I was looking up information on natural fluoride.
And basically what its purpose is.

Pick any popular brand of "spring water" or "artesian water"   Ice mountain, crystal geyser, fiji, evian, volvic, deer park
any brand at all..    They all will have somewhere between 0.08-0.3 ppm of calcium fluoride"  Mineral waters like pellegrino and perrier will have even more.    So my questions still linger?   

Calcium Fluoride is found naturally in all spring water?  All forms of spring water and basically all natural bodies of water
have some source of Calcium Fluoride in it ?  Again NOT sodium but Calcium fluoride

And is it good for us?

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 09:37:44 am »
i am an idiot lol.

Calcium Fluoride= Fluorite   CaF2

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 11:17:34 am »
All fluoride is toxic.

The LD50 for calcium fluoride is 4250 PPM for rats.

For Sodium fluoride: ORAL (LD50): Acute: 52 PPM for rats (about the same for humans).  Meaning it's nearly 1000 times more deadly than naturally occurring calcium fluoride.

To put it into perspective the  0.08-0.3 ppm of natural calcium fluoride you mentioned is nothing to worry about and is several thousand times less toxic than the 1.0 PPM of sodium fluoride commonly found in fluoridated drinking water.

The real danger is in swallowing fluoridated tooth paste which contains 1,000 to 1,500 ppm but the highest concentration of industrial fluoride is in Colgate PreviDent which contains 5% sodium fluoride at a whopping 22,600 ppm. Less than one swallow of that stuff will kill you but at least your teeth will be safe from decay when they bury you!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:24:28 am by surfsteve »

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 12:53:25 am »
can anyone confirm that Fluorite or Calcium Fluoride is in all natural spring water?

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 01:18:40 am »
Most likely. Fluorine is the 13 most common element found in the earth's cruse. But it would depend on the spring that the water comes from. 

Unrelated:
I was just recalling reading about some places in India that had excessive natural fluoride in their water and it was causing all kinds of health problems. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's good for you.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 11:15:34 pm »
Strange that Weston Price foundation is promoting the consumption of azomite when it is so high in fluoride and be putting out articles promoting the dangers of it. Even in tea!

Fluoride: Worse than We Thought
https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/environmental-toxins/fluoride-worse-than-we-thought/#comment-49330
Comments

surfsteve says   

June 29, 2017 at 1:01 am

How come Weston Price Foundation recommends Azomite when it is said to contain 900 PPM of fluoride?

Repost of links showing fluoride in Bentonite clay and azomite just in case anyone missed it in the other thread:

https://redmond.life/pdfs/RedmondClay_MineralAnalysis.pdf

http://www.nantahala-farm.com/azomite-certificate-of-analysis-s.shtml

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 03:50:35 am »
Strange that Weston Price foundation is promoting the consumption of azomite when it is so high in fluoride and be putting out articles promoting the dangers of it. Even in tea!

Fluoride: Worse than We Thought
https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/environmental-toxins/fluoride-worse-than-we-thought/#comment-49330
Repost of links showing fluoride in Bentonite clay and azomite just in case anyone missed it in the other thread:

https://redmond.life/pdfs/RedmondClay_MineralAnalysis.pdf

http://www.nantahala-farm.com/azomite-certificate-of-analysis-s.shtml

an interesting contradiction by weston a price lol.

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 07:49:33 am »
I think what Im wondering most about is if calcium fluoride is a beneficial or necessary micro mineral in small amounts
I have only been able to found one or two spring waters that dont have a small amount in it.   Purified water
doesnt usually have it unless added because its been treated.  So since most natural sources of drinking water have
calcium fluoride in them... Im assuming that Calcium Fluoride is something that is either good for us or
are bodies have adapted to.

The minerals in water are measured in Parts Per Million (ppm's).

for example here is fiji waters fluoride content

now is 0.24 ppm's a good amount?  is it good or bad for health blah blah blah.   Fluoride is confusing

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 11:12:47 am »
.24 is a harmless amount if it's calcium fluoride. I said in an earlier post that it was a thousand times less harmful than sodium fluoride but my math was a decimal point off and is actually around a hundred.

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 03:30:31 pm »
.24 is a harmless amount if it's calcium fluoride. I said in an earlier post that it was a thousand times less harmful than sodium fluoride but my math was a decimal point off and is actually around a hundred.

I figured it was a harmless amount but wasn't sure.

That was one of the brands with a little more CF than the others also.  Mineral
waters like san pellegrino have more than plain spring water.   I think its all the fear mongering that got me questioning.
Even after all the research I did on the added man made "sodium fluoride"  in tap water I still havent found any real
telling research on it being negative or positive.  (besides some articles on dental health obviously)  Everybody just has
a strong opinion about it being a government conspiracy or completely safe lol.   I want some more research done on
CF.   So if it is a healthy micro mineral for us people arent avoiding this natural source of fluoride  because they are mistaking it for sodium fluoride and missing out on its potential benefits.

Interestingly Wilhelm Heinrich Schüessler wrote about the 12 essential cell salts in the mid 1800's.
And Calcium Fluoride was #1.   Could again though........ all be pseudoscience

http://www.brighterdayfoods.com/PDFDocs/l/LR72WHCKJQ1V9LTGKT8CGWX7TM5B1NP5.PDF

http://weppi.gtk.fi/publ/foregsatlas/text/F.pdf
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 03:55:01 pm by AnopsStudier »

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 12:14:50 am »
Schussler was a homeopathic “doctor”.  All of his cell salts are either in 6X or 12X dilutions. “6X is = to 1 part per million. 12X is one part per billion.” Prescribing something in such diluted form is more psudo than science.

Think about it for a second. He is prescribing a pill that has at most one part per million of calcium fluoride. How can that be anything more than a placebo? One swallow of your mineral water contains more than is in one of those pills. If you really want fluoride, Azomite contains 900 parts per million of the stuff.

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 12:47:31 am »
Since fluorine or calcium fluoride is the thirteenth abundant mineral on earth it is pretty much unavoidable in small amounts!

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 01:42:47 am »
Since fluorine or You calcium fluoride is the thirteenth abundant mineral on earth it is pretty much unavoidable in small amounts!
This is alarming! I just tried to find some kind of a food chart showing fluoride and it's very confusing though I am surprised at how much there actually is in our food! One article linked to below even said that iceberg lettuce can contain as much as 180 times more than in tap water. If that's true then what validates adding it to tap water in the first place? Also there is no distinction between naturally occurring calcium fluoride and man made forms like the kind used in pesticides and/or sodium fluoride which is a hundred times more toxic. I wonder how much of the fluoride used in iceberg lettuce is natural and how much is from pesticides.

I looked up beef and according to the chart in the first link below it's actually very low.

This new information makes the fluoride in tea seem totally hyped up and insignificant. It also makes me wonder how harmful the 900 PPM in a teaspoon full of Azomite really is.

This is getting really confusing! Seems like the more I study the less confused I should be but I am finding it to be the opposite.

To my knowledge the studies on fluoride and tooth decay were all done with calcium fluoride but the stuff they add to drinking water is sodium fluoride which doesn't make any sense unless they are intentionally trying to drug or poison us.

References:

The fluoride food chart below claims it's based on 200 calorie servings which is very confusing because sweetened tea would have a lot more calories than unsweetened. As confusing as it was, it was the best information I could find.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000146000000000000000-2.html?

Common Food Items Could Contain 180 Times More Fluoride Than Tap Water.
http://naturalsociety.com/common-food-items-could-contain-180-times-more-fluoride-than-tap-water/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:11:47 am by surfsteve »

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 02:06:45 pm »
This is alarming! I just tried to find some kind of a food chart showing fluoride and it's very confusing though I am surprised at how much there actually is in our food! One article linked to below even said that iceberg lettuce can contain as much as 180 times more than in tap water. If that's true then what validates adding it to tap water in the first place? Also there is no distinction between naturally occurring calcium fluoride and man made forms like the kind used in pesticides and/or sodium fluoride which is a hundred times more toxic. I wonder how much of the fluoride used in iceberg lettuce is natural and how much is from pesticides.

I looked up beef and according to the chart in the first link below it's actually very low.

This new information makes the fluoride in tea seem totally hyped up and insignificant. It also makes me wonder how harmful the 900 PPM in a teaspoon full of Azomite really is.

This is getting really confusing! Seems like the more I study the less confused I should be but I am finding it to be the opposite.

To my knowledge the studies on fluoride and tooth decay were all done with calcium fluoride but the stuff they add to drinking water is sodium fluoride which doesn't make any sense unless they are intentionally trying to drug or poison us.

References:

The fluoride food chart below claims it's based on 200 calorie servings which is very confusing because sweetened tea would have a lot more calories than unsweetened. As confusing as it was, it was the best information I could find.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000146000000000000000-2.html?

Common Food Items Could Contain 180 Times More Fluoride Than Tap Water.
http://naturalsociety.com/common-food-items-could-contain-180-times-more-fluoride-than-tap-water/

Ya I too was looking up fluoride in food!  Its unavoidable!  Unless you grow your own food with fricking filtered
water and have pristine soil.

Im right with ya lol!  I just wanted to know If I should be drinking a certain kind of water or spring water to avoid fluoride
and I ended up down a week long rabbit hole researching fluoride.  It's actually not easy to find detailed information
and quite hard to properly ask my questions.   Is Natural Calcium Fluoride in soil and water something we should avoid
or something that is harmless or beneficial? (who really has information on this? doctors, biologists, earth scientists?)
  A confusing question. When I ask that question on other forums it just turns
into a debate on if the government is trying to poison us with sodium fluoride and its effects on dental heath.

I do know that my Dad is 70 and is in good health and I have never seen him drink a bottle of water in my life.
He's drank about a pot of coffee every morning with tap for 40 something years with Tap water, drinks
tap water, cooks food in tap water., bathes in it, etc..... Maybe it will do something to him one day lol.

My grandma is 87 and drinks pots of tap water coffee everyday for her whole life also.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 01:13:28 am »
I installed a reverse osmosis filter under my sink in an attempt to avoid drinking fluoride.

I think we are being exposed to way to much fluoride, natural and man made; so anything we can to to minimize it is good.

Some people can tolerate more fluoride than others and some people are extremely sensitive to it as it is with most things.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk