Author Topic: Calories or macros (protein)?  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Calories or macros (protein)?
« on: July 29, 2017, 11:40:20 pm »
Since adding animal protein, likely being too low protein for decades as a vegan/raw, my macros look Very different But my activity level is the same and I'm pretty sure calories are close to the same -
Will this alone (macro switch) effect my body size? If so in what way?

I'm not looking to lose or gain weight, nor lose or gain size so I'm hoping this will all work out.

Also do we absorb more from "raw" meat so maybe we'd need less animal protein than if we were eating the same cooked?

I've been getting 60-80 gr of animal protein a day but all in the late afternoon/evening (intermittent faster) This is recommended amount of protein for my hight, weight, activity level. I use to only get protein from daily juiced greens, and the. fish or egg yolk I'd have on rare occasions. I know - Crazy!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:55:05 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Calories or macros (protein)?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:02:58 am »

Also do we absorb more from "raw" meat so maybe we'd need less animal protein than if we were eating the same cooked? 
Correct. Raw foods are higher in nutrients than cooked foods so we need to absorb them less, plus the proteins etc. are more utilisable. Ironically, Arnold Schwarzenegger, a man who promoted steroid-use in his time on a mass scale, did confirm this point in his 1st autobiography.He told how he was forced to eat well-overcooked meat in the Austrian Army canteen before his weight-lifting contests, and so he would have to eat twice as much of it in order to get enough utilisable protein to maintain his muscles, and that he would therefore have to vastly increase the amount of daily exercise he did in order to burn off the resulting excess fat.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 01:58:23 am »
thank you Tyler,

But Im not sure why he'd want to do that UNLESS he needed to "gain weight" and he could only gain weight by eating more calories -if that is what determines ones body size outside of lifting heavy or lots of cardio? 

See that's what I'm not sure about -if macros ALONE are enough To effect our body size/weight or if it's calories in/out that determines weight?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 02:08:31 am »
Calorie-science is quite fake. The point is that Arnold could not use the overcooked animal  protein to build up muscle as effectively as moderately-cooked  animal protein.Indeed, in the 30s to the 60s, many bodybuilders, such as Armand Tanny etc. would routinely eat RVAF diets of various kinds in order to bulk up.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk