Author Topic: Holy Basil Batman; Tulsi is not a city in Oklahoma!  (Read 4518 times)

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Holy Basil Batman; Tulsi is not a city in Oklahoma!
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:07:17 pm »
Been restocking my herb collection lately and I was about to order Basil when I came across Holy Basil. When I read about it, it sounded too good to be true so I ordered some instead of basil. I don't really like the taste of Basil all that much anyway. It came today and I been mixing it in a few of my raw organ meat smoothies. Honestly it makes them taste pretty good so I been putting it in the ones I like the taste of the least. Nothing super magical has happened but I did notice I feel a little calmer than usual and pretty good. I could just be having a good day though. Also I noticed I don't feel as hot. Makes sense because it has sort of a minty flavor but tastes much better than peppermint, not as strong with other flavors mixed in. Glad I didn't get basil. Probably would have sit on the shelf unused. Nice herb!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlYxvdIi1is

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Basil Batman; Tulsi is not a city in Oklahoma!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 01:15:44 pm »
Also if you google holy basil and testosterone, articles about a study claim they gave it to rabbits and it made their testosterone go off the charts. The study seems highly suspect to me and has never been repeated if indeed the whole thing wasn't made up. Be nice if it was true though.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:56:37 am »
I definitely feel much calmer taking holy basil. The only thing bad is it makes me want to rest more. I was afraid I was going to be no good at the gym because of this but it didn't seem to matter. One thing I noticed was that I've been a lot more sociable since taking the herb. I feel like I have a better outlook on life as well. My urine is also darker. Even more so than from turmeric. Base on all the watermelon I been eating it should be just about clear. My kidneys must be working super good to be filtering that much gunk. Hopefully the gunk isn't coming from the basil it's self! I doubt it but I suppose the possibility exists.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 01:00:52 am »
Been adding holy basil to one or more of my smoothies every day. It no longer makes me sleepy but still gives me a feeling of calm and being in control of myself.

Offline mrsuomi

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 03:34:54 pm »
It's not called the queen of all herbs for no reason, I love tulsi, it's really relaxing and helps me when I get allergic reactions to foods and when I am over stressed

Offline LunarFey

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 03:38:04 pm »
I love making tulsi tea...has a calming yet energizing effect and tastes really good. I know this isn’t very specific but it just feels healing lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk