Author Topic: New here to the forum. Use to be vegan for 1 year! Please help!  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Steven_Aloe

• Forager
    • View Profile
New here to the forum. Use to be vegan for 1 year! Please help!
« on: September 15, 2017, 12:55:06 am »
Hello Everyone name is Steven and I live here in Florida, USA. I have been trying to find a farm or store that sells raw milk and or grass-fed meat but it is quite difficult. The only places I know that have it are bought online which is a bit difficult for me. I have been vegan for almost 1 year now and I can honestly say it has been a very strenuous and difficult diet but I can't say it didn't help me, while I was on that diet. I stayed away from fast food joints and ate cleaner foods that were not processed through tubes, I still was loosing my fatigue and in my 8th month, I started getting eczema and still have it till this day. I want to leave this diet for good but I don't want to go back to eating cooked meat or "ultra-pasteurized" milk. I just bought Aajonus Vonderplanitz book "We want to Live" expanded edition and I really want to know him and his work. I know many of you have read his books and know a lot about the primal diet. Any tips on how to gradually transition to it would be helpful.

Thanks again!

Steven.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New here to the forum. Use to be vegan for 1 year! Please help!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 02:31:05 am »
You'll get a variety of opinions regarding your questions. Those of us who have stuck with a raw omnivorous diet over the longer term have all diverged from one another in subtle and sometimes not so subtle ways. I for instance avoid dairy entirely, and never recommend it to people even if it's unpasturized.

To your question on finding grass-fed beef, it might be harder where you're at. You might have to gravitate towards a different type of animal for meat, like lamb or goat. I've not visited Florida for decades, so don't know what it's like down there. Do you have a Whole Foods near you, or a health food store? Those are the places I'd check out. You might also look out for farmers' markets. You might find a vendor there who sells naturally-raised meat.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:47:51 am by Eric »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 03:21:03 am »
Welcome!

I concur with Eric. Just add that you should easily be able to find wild fish and shellfish in Florida. Meat satisfying to our requirements is hard to find in most places and when I don't have any, I rely on seafood for animals' proteins.

BTW, have you been affected by the hurricane?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 03:48:52 am »
Iguana's suggestion of relying on seafood is a good one. I don't eat a lot of seafood because I don't live on a coast, but if I did my diet would be quite different than it is now.

Offline Steven_Aloe

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 04:34:16 am »
I actually survived the Hurricane quite well Iguana thanks for asking. About seafood, I actually never really enjoyed it very much due to the after taste I would get when I did it eat. Perhaps that is due to it being cooked, mind you I still have not eaten any raw meat of any kind yet but I have drinked Raw milk once a few years ago. Fish is quite plentiful here in Florida so I will look into it. Unfortunately, there is not a whole foods near my area, I have been to one and I can recall there being grass fed beef. about 32 dollars a pound or something of that nature. I will look into goat and lamb though, would be interesting to try. For now, I will just continue reading AV's book and doing  some more research.

Thanks guys.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 05:28:11 am »
Ground meat is usually cheaper, as are certain cuts like skirt steak or stew meat. Organs are usually very cheap. You can probably find liver or heart from a grass-fed animal for under $5 per pound.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk