Author Topic: Tattoos or no?  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Steven_Aloe

• Forager
    • View Profile
Tattoos or no?
« on: September 17, 2017, 12:38:54 pm »
I was wondering what some of you think about tattoos? Cadmium is found in red ink for tattoos which is a bit  concerning for me. I was planning on getting one but I am still not sure about it. Given that this is somewhat health related, perhaps a good conversation can be created from it.

Thanks.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Tattoos or no?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 06:25:11 pm »
I don't have any tattoos, and have no interest in getting any.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 09:00:56 pm »
Cadmium some say is some of the worst shit. http://drlwilson.com/Articles/cadmium.htm

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 11:48:07 pm »
Very few intelligent people have tattoos but every single dumbass has one.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 01:59:22 am »
Well, strictly speaking, tattoos are very "palaeo":-

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo_museum/upper_paleolithic.html

Obviously, not everything in palaeo times was necessarily "a good thing". Cannibalism comes to mind as does male circumcision. Mass infanticide in palaeolithic times, on the other hand, likely sped up human evolution considerably at the time, but is not a good idea to practise given current laws(!).

While permanent tattoos are a real problem to get rid of(made worse if someone is stupid enough to include a name on the tattoo), why not try henna tattoos instead? They seem to last 2-4 weeks and you can use them during certain times of the year when you feel the need to have a tattoo.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 05:13:44 am »
I have seen people having problems with henna tattoos on the television, and they can become infected if applied by inexperienced or incompetent artists with nasty consequences.    Just to urge caution with these!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 05:57:36 am »
I have seen people having problems with henna tattoos on the television, and they can become infected if applied by inexperienced or incompetent artists with nasty consequences.    Just to urge caution with these!
Thanks for adding a caveat to my rather vague, general advice. I must admit that I am not an expert on tattoos, having only ever had a few erasable-ink tattoos in my lifetime.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 05:58:11 am »
Again, just hearsay, but it seems as long as the tattoo is black it is usually quite safe.
" Ron Paul.

Offline !

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 10:22:04 pm »
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo_ink#Regulations
Tattoo ink = toxic trash.
(copy-paste the link using mouse, the forum filter does not allow me to post it with the "http://")

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:17:06 pm by ! »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk