Author Topic: Different proteins, different results  (Read 4185 times)

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Different proteins, different results
« on: September 18, 2017, 12:02:23 pm »
I read somewhere that a few centuries ago japanese obtained their protein from mostly fish. Upon the introduction of beef, they became a foot or so taller on average. Does anyone have an explanation as to why beef should cause a height increase over fish? More generally, besides in flavor, do different meats have significantly different health/growth properties?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Different proteins, different results
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:20:09 pm »
Highly dubious. Other nations eating lots of seafood can be quite tall, such as Icelanders etc. The notion behind the low height of East Asians is that animal fat/protein was, until modern times, much less. Plus, east asians in the US apparently eat far more animal food than in home countries, so are taller than their home country citizens.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 03:15:11 am »
rickets and deformed bones/legs are much less prevalent now, caused mostly by lack of vitamin D, and too many anti-nutrients.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 03:42:02 am »
Who says it's not the rice and soy that keeps them short?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 01:38:29 am »
many think it's the increased milk consumption and it's hormones

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 09:08:09 am »
Ridiculous, Scandinavians drink the most milk and are strongest and tallest in the world. Milk contains HGH too you know, that's why it's given to babies etc to make them grow. Not to mention the calcium which most people don't get enough of.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 11:01:48 pm »
Ridiculous, Scandinavians drink the most milk and are strongest and tallest in the world. Milk contains HGH too you know, that's why it's given to babies etc to make them grow. Not to mention the calcium which most people don't get enough of.

how much calcium do u think we should get daily?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk