Author Topic: Blurry vision and light headed  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Blurry vision and light headed
« on: September 22, 2017, 01:33:18 am »
Hello,

I've been doing a zero-carb diet for around 6 months now and recently got problems with blurry vision and light-headedness.

It started in the holidays, I was gone from home for 3 weeks and couldn't find any fat to supplement my diet with. When I returned home I got problems with my vision and I could feel my heart beating in an unpleasant way. These problems went away (but never fully) when I started eating more fat again but now have returned after not eating any supplemented fat for a couple of days.

Do you guys think this could be a protein overdose or lack of fat? I've read that a protein overdose makes your breath stink and one of my close friends commented that my breath started to stink after the summer holidays (we didn't see each other during the holidays and he said that before the holiday my breath was fine.) I'm starting to get worried because the lack of vision can make me dizzy sometimes.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Blurry vision and light headed
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 04:38:47 am »
zero carb is difficult for most due to finding truly healthy fat (raw) that hasn't oxidized and is from animals eating truly green diets.   Yes, eating protein only will cause all sorts of imbalances.   Excess protein stimulates insulin and is converted into sugars ( which spike blood sugar levels ) and then get stored as fat.  Don't let these forum sites sway to gorge on excess protein in an attempt to be 'manly'.   Cavemen didn't try to maximize longevity, they simply were concerned with staying alive/not starving to death and of course would eat in excess any chance they had..
   Try online with eatwild.com to find good grass fed sources of fat.   things will go bad if you don't.   You can also look up Rabbit starvation..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 04:57:25 am »
RZCers always talk about how essential the raw fat is, to avoid problems. If you want to stick to RZC but have a problem of getting hold of regular sources of raw animal fats, all I can suggest is that you go in for fasting during those times as water-fasting is, I gather, a state involving ketosis just like with an RZC diet.Oh, and some RZCers go in for making lots of pemmican(raw beef jerky plus rendered/cooked animal fat) for when travelling etc., as they cannot always guarantee a constant supply of raw animal fat.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:02:43 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:04:29 am »
I would also consider that mineral depletion, or an electrolyte imbalance could exacerbate any issue caused by protein overload.

Its possible that after 6 months on extreme low carb the flushing of excess protein and sub optimal fat intake, combine with a depletion of stored mineral salts could lead to these kind of symptoms.

I swear by drinking blood as a way to maintain optimal electrolytes on low carb. Drinking plenty of good quality water is also very important. I also will eat some greens, coconut, and occasional sea food to obtain minerals and elements that are lacking from the sheep meat and fat.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:25:15 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 12:24:21 am »
I was thinking maybe my arteries are clogged up because of past sugar consumption. I've tried eating avocado and grapefruits as this is what AV recommends. Still, whenever I consume raw fats in the form of eggs or meat my symptoms (blurry vision and light-headedness) return quickly.

Does anyone know what could be the cause?

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:26:33 am »
You are overlooking the obvious. The cause is most surely low blood sugar. If you haven't successfully mastered zero carb after 6 months perhaps it is not for you. Why don't you give low carb a try or go back to it if applicable; use your symptoms as a guide on how low is ideal for you? Just giving up grains and processed sugar has been known to work wonders. Be happy with that man!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk