Author Topic: Sour Smelling fish? Is it high meat? Is it good for consumption?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline the6step

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Sometimes I buy meat (salmon in this case) and put it in my fridge (which isn't the coldest.)... and then I throw it out if it gets a little smelly. When it gets smelly, is it just turning into high meat? Can I eat it? It still looks pink and looks like it's fine.

Also... does the taste of this eventually become good? Can I eat it with hot sauce?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Sour Smelling fish? Is it high meat? Is it good for consumption?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 02:12:06 pm »
If put in the fridge, it takes longer to turn into high-meat. HIgh-meat, like fresh raw meat takes a while to get used to. To me, it tastes very similar to raw, aged cheeses. Since I always liked raw, aged  cheeses, even when on pre-RPD cooked diets, I found it easier and quicker to handle the taste of high-meats, when I finally got the courage to try them out.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 05:43:19 am »
General recommendation on this forum is to get used to Raw before trying High meat or fish.   Hope you experiment and learn to enjoy both!

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 06:27:49 am »
oxidized polyunsaturated fish oils are not healthy.  Yes, the inuit may have gained some benefit from their fermenting fish, but then they might have starved had they not.  That bad fish smell,, oxidized fatty acids.

Offline the6step

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 04:36:54 pm »
I'm more or less used to the taste of raw. I'm not 100% raw and I still can't stand the taste of Kidney but it's been a couple of months and eating raw salmon, swordfish, heart are pretty pleasant and I can eat liver somewhat painlessly.

van your comment is what I was worried about but I wonder if people have a different take on it. Is there a cut off? I'm talking about fresh fish in the fridge and starting to smell a little off after less than a week. Is this from a purely research perspective, or has anyone tried eating smelly fish and noticed a difference in their health and how they feel?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk