Author Topic: Raw Dairy Nutrition  (Read 3597 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw Dairy Nutrition
« on: October 19, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »
Hi folks,

Does anyone know if there is any important nutritional components in raw dairy that would be missing from a typical RP diet?

If so, how would you approach this without necessarily consuming dairy products?

Thanks,

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw Dairy Nutrition
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 11:00:07 pm »
Dairy is really only noted for having excess calcium and lots of nasty hormones in it. Calcium is easily found in most palaeo foods without needing to look for it specifically. Perhaps,  for women, then oestrogenic hormones derived from milk from pregnant cows might be useful re increasing  fertility. But there really is no need for raw dairy.

To get enough of the various nutrients needed from a RPD diet, one should, imo, do the following:-

1) Eat a wide variety of raw organ-meats, not just raw muscle-meats.

2) Try raw wild game and raw wildcaught seafood whenever possible. Nature almost always provides better nutrients than are given by humans to domesticated animals, plus the relevant wild meat has been eugenically-raised(via natural selection), so has much better texture/taste than even the best raw, 100% grassfed meats and the like.

3) Do try unusual alternatives such as raw nuts, raw sprouts, raw sundried bee-pollen or raw honeycomb, from time to time.

4) Try eating lots of "high-meat" for a 6 week period every 3 months or so. This is needed to boost the gut flora etc. Raw, fresh meat does not provide enough bacteria, imo, to sustain the gut on a regular basis.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:13:32 pm »
Thanks Tyler,

Is there any alternative to "hight Meat"? (e.g. Kefir? I know dairy is not optimal, but still, could Kefir help in this regard?)

Moreover, can high meat be made from wild frozen fish?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 07:12:50 pm »
Thanks Tyler,

Is there any alternative to "hight Meat"? (e.g. Kefir? I know dairy is not optimal, but still, could Kefir help in this regard?)

Moreover, can high meat be made from wild frozen fish?
Raw dairy/Kefir consumers would need to answer re aged kefir. High-meat can be made from any raw meat/fish/eggs/shellfish etc. I will state that, in the short phase when I drank raw dairy at the start of my RVAF diet trials, my eating of raw, aged cheese did not seem to provide the boost in alertness/concentration that I got from eating high-meat from raw beef  tongue/raw beef heart. High-meat is also a matter of taste. I really only like tongue or heart as high-meat, muscle-meat/fish/eggs I cannot stand in aged form.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ivanrk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:15 am »
I think there is nothing good in "high meat" - it will be very high in histamine and this means it will deplete your body of minerals especially magnesium and most people are deficient in magnesium.
You can check zerocarbzen com - where the author eat mainly raw aged beef for a period of time and make her migraines worse. The health benefits of bacteria in high meat were mainly  Aajonus claims but I have read many times for miraculous recoveries of many diseases like CFS or IBS using antibiotic rifaximin /which kills bacteria in small intestine/ in the same time many people made their condition worse with probiotics or fermented foods.
Regarding dairy - raw cheeses -  i don't think they are healthy in my experience because when you make cheese you remove half of the milk amino acids and minerals - in raw milk you have calcium and magnesium - in cheese you have maybe double the amount of calcium and not much magnesium. Also in cheese you have concentrated casein - not easy to digest. Raw kefir or raw yoghurt is another story - bacteria remove lactose and predigest casein - you have all amino acids and all minerals in this food - better than raw muscle meat and maybe a little worse than raw organ meats.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 12:48:06 am »
Hi folks,

Does anyone know if there is any important nutritional components in raw dairy that would be missing from a typical RP diet?

If so, how would you approach this without necessarily consuming dairy products?

Thanks,

To offer a different view point, there is the instincto-approach. Instead of figuring out what foods you need based on nutritional calculation, in instincto you trust your palate in your decisions concerning natural foods.

Offline frankiet

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 11:31:20 am »
Dairy is really only noted for having excess calcium and lots of nasty hormones in it. Calcium is easily found in most palaeo foods without needing to look for it specifically. Perhaps,  for women, then oestrogenic hormones derived from milk from pregnant cows might be useful re increasing  fertility. But there really is no need for raw dairy.

To get enough of the various nutrients needed from a RPD diet, one should, imo, do the following:-

1) Eat a wide variety of raw organ-meats, not just raw muscle-meats.

2) Try raw wild game and raw wildcaught seafood whenever possible. Nature almost always provides better nutrients than are given by humans to domesticated animals, plus the relevant wild meat has been eugenically-raised(via natural selection), so has much better texture/taste than even the best raw, 100% grassfed meats and the like.

3) Do try unusual alternatives such as raw nuts, raw sprouts, raw sundried bee-pollen or raw honeycomb, from time to time.

4) Try eating lots of "high-meat" for a 6 week period every 3 months or so. This is needed to boost the gut flora etc. Raw, fresh meat does not provide enough bacteria, imo, to sustain the gut on a regular basis.

Do you have any information about how hormones in raw butter/cream might affect metabolic processes? I haven't been able to find any evidence that, outside of raising circulating estrogen levels, that dairy has a negative effect on estrogen.

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:55:27 pm »
Do you have any information about how hormones in raw butter/cream might affect metabolic processes? I haven't been able to find any evidence that, outside of raising circulating estrogen levels, that dairy has a negative effect on estrogen.
Yes, I am also interested in this, since so many claim that dairy is bad because of hormones. I am skeptical of dairy, however raw dairy has not given me any problems when I tried it for a week (non raw dairy gives me acne). It is not something I eat/drink since I prefer only meat anyway. But I am interested in the potential benefits/cons of raw dairy.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk