Author Topic: Cystic acne  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Fenrir

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Cystic acne
« on: November 01, 2017, 01:54:43 pm »
I was just curious if anyone has had an issue with cystic acne but only concentrated on the back and on the neck? Back in the days i used to eat a SAD diet i would get it terrible on my face, back, and neck, since changing my diet to cooked paleo i had gotten rid of it on my face mostly, and after switching to raw its been basically nonexistant like my face is as clear as can be. But after all this time even though my back has improved it still has a enough that occurs that it makes me wonder if i could be doing something better.
Ive thought of the sun factor i definitely dont get as much sun on my back as i could but a couple times a week ill go out and get an hours worth, i walk or bike several miles most days and so my face always is able to get a good bit of sun but i dont know if thats whole issue.
Right now ive been doing zero carb for a couple months i think it was july 23rd i started, my only cheat is occasional roquefort cheese or katamala olives but i havent even eatan those in quite some time. My typical day is either beef or goat as well as beef back fat at around 3 or 4 o clock, then around ten o clock ill eat either more beef and fat or an organ of some kind or fish. Im definitely getting enough fat i eat quite a lot of it, i could probably stand to drink more water and i do have about 4 shots of espresso every day. I tried to quit drinking espresso but i work with it and i was so angry all the time and i ended up just starting again but with much less than before.
ive had some strong cravings for the cheese and olives lately but ive realized that both foods are very salty and so i may be primarily craving that, i salted my meat yesterday and plan to incorporate it more but im not sure if that will help.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Cystic acne
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 05:40:19 pm »
Was the problem worse in pre-RZC times?

I can really only give my perspective on this:- one of the cheats I have allowed myself until recently  was the consumption of coffee. Initially, it  always gives  me a buzz of sorts, but, over time, I noticed a rise in general jitteriness on my part. The trend seems to be increasing, and I have found ever fewer cooked/processed foods to be tolerable any more. My alternative solution re increasing calm? How about trying brain.fm relaxation sessions(the initial 7 sessions are free)? Or the Kasina device? Hmm, I also found long water-fasts(well, 5 to 9 days at a time, anyway) to be quite calming, years earlier.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Fenrir

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 11:59:39 am »
I cant say for sure its gotten better since going zero carb but i know its gotten better since going raw in general, ive felt really good since going zero carb in terms of overall health i have a lot of energy and my digestion has become very regular i have almost no flatulance and my stools have become well formed again i got a little bit of diahrea when i started for the first couple weeks but that has ceased.
I do plan to continue cutting down on caffiene i think plants can still be medicines and teachers but coffee isnt really either too me at this point i would rather be tired when i should be and have energy when i need it than rely on it for such things.
I will look into the brain fm sessions, i have been making a good attempt to being meditation back into my life in more parts of the day i generally will meditate before sleeping but rather than maintaining the last bit of awareness im of course just trying to let go entirely, it definitely has helped me a lot in being able to sleep when i want though and i know its an extremely benificial practice in many ways.
How does one feel after 5 days of fasting im sure it wouldnt be as hard as it would seem at a certain point but having only gone maybe 20 hours fasting at the longest it seems like it would be a very powerful state? Im sure you would stop being hungry and perhaps have energy but i would think your mind would be all over the place theres no way i could go to work during something like that

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:39:40 pm »
I found fasting  easier after the 4th day. The main thing was to focus on something very important, so I would select something that would benefit the public but would cost me nothing, such as making a mod for a PC game or some other gimmick.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline rami999

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 01:26:50 am »
This is all good

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk