Author Topic: Caveman checking in  (Read 2221 times)

Offline magnificant8

• Forager
    • View Profile
Caveman checking in
« on: November 03, 2017, 02:41:40 am »
Hi everybody! (say that in a Dr. Nick voice Simpsons fans),

Let me introduce myself.

I'm Olivier Saenen, an average Joe just like you guys, who discovered the Paleo diet a couple of years ago.

I was a morbidly obese teenager, weighing in at 260lbs and increasing. This came with all the bullying, looks, and mental self-destruction some of us might be dealing with. If you do, you can probably relate. It's not fun.

One day it was enough. It was going too far. Too many bad days, too many times I put the responsibility on my genes, family (and basically anyone or anything else you can blame). So I started doing a couple of diets. Some of them were bad, some of them were good. But the results never lasted or were only possible to maintain by counting my calories like a freak.

That's not a diet. That's torture.

When I realized that "diet" really refers to what you're eating instead of the process of losing weight most people think of, I looked for something else.

And so I discovered the Paleo diet :-)

So far I've been loving it, and not a single day in all these years I have felt like stopping. Why?

Because I don't have to. I'm eating Paleo (actually Primal), enjoying some cheats once in a while, feeling healthier than ever, and best of all? I'm maintaining a healthy weight. Something I haven't been able to do for my whole life.

This is why I'm here. I hope to share some of my advice here and on my website thecavemanguy.com with you guys as well as learning from you. I've been a secret lurker for too long now, lol.

So that is my little intro.

Olivier :-)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Caveman checking in
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:21:39 am »
Welcome to the forum! Just one caveat:- we are a RAW, palaeolithic diet forum.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk