Author Topic: Essential Oils?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Heinz

• Forager
    • View Profile
Essential Oils?
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:17:53 pm »
I am just wondering what you guys think about using essential oils for a variety of different heath issues?

I see a lot of good things about them online but am hesitant to believe the hype

For example.
tea tree oil and clove oil

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Essential Oils?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »
I find eucalyptus oil extremely useful as it opens up my airways. I would strongly advise always diluting the essential oils in some other raw vegetable fat-oils such as cold-pressed olive-oil etc. Oil does not properly dilute in water, so other oils are needed as well, since essential oils are far too concentrated on their own. Also, I have used diluted essential oils, and, once, due to overuse  in the bath etc., I suddenly developed a fissure on the surface of my left leg which took weeks to disappear.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Xisca

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:01:02 pm »
I am just wondering what you guys think about using essential oils for a variety of different heath issues?

I see a lot of good things about them online but am hesitant to believe the hype

For example.
tea tree oil and clove oil
I use them a lot, but you have to get a good book to not make mistakes.
Tea tree can become an alergisant for some persons if used pure and too often.
Also, many have hormon like effects, and you cannot know what it is going to do to you apart from the mere use you hope for! So do not use any oil tht is said to be abortifacient or stimulant. You cannot "be careful" with these, and they will affect your hormone/endocrine levels.

Lavander is super good for the skin and healing burns for example, and it is safe.
Also, think about using them as olfacto-therapy, or in inalation for bronchitis and sinusitis.

I never use them in a bath: if pure, they go on the surface and can burn you, and if you dilute them with the necessary..... in all cases .... well this is not paleo, as you spoil too much of a rare resource! How much trees, leaves, flowers etc, for our mere pleasure? Let them for the sparce spot on use!

Offline Heinz

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:19:17 am »
I find eucalyptus oil extremely useful as it opens up my airways. I would strongly advise always diluting the essential oils in some other raw vegetable fat-oils such as cold-pressed olive-oil etc. Oil does not properly dilute in water, so other oils are needed as well, since essential oils are far too concentrated on their own. Also, I have used diluted essential oils, and, once, due to overuse  in the bath etc., I suddenly developed a fissure on the surface of my left leg which took weeks to disappear.

Is Aleo Vera Gel ok to dilute it in or should i stick to oils?
Because thats what iv been using and it seems to do the job

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 04:25:44 am »
Is Aleo Vera Gel ok to dilute it in or should i stick to oils?
Because thats what iv been using and it seems to do the job
I would strongly advise using oils  like olive oil/sunflower oil etc. to properly dilute the essential oils. Hmm, on the other hand, it seems to be recommended by aromatherapy experts, and I am hardly an expert on the subject..
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Xisca

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:37:20 am »
Even on the skin I do not like sunflower seed oil for its excess in omega 6, as they pass through the skin. I stick to olive oil...

Aloe seems to mix well with oil... It seems to be making an emultion.

A good recipe ofr very dry hands having to repair them after cement work for example. 1st massage in some coconut oil. 2nd pass some aloe on the skin, it will make a "milk", and your skin will suck like crazy. Put gloves and keep this overnight, incredible result the next day. Some for feet with socks. I have done it with real aloe from my plants. Much beter than each ingredient alone.

This I think that it is fine with essential oils as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk