Author Topic: Finally Found a Nice Dry-Aged Beef Butchershop  (Read 2507 times)

Offline kevNPGr

• Forager
    • View Profile
Finally Found a Nice Dry-Aged Beef Butchershop
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:39:41 am »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share something regarding a butcher I found since it relates to my carnivorous diet. I’ve been trying to eat more organic grass fed beef but one issue I had was it was so lean it was harder to get the amount of fat in my diet that I want and I don’t feel as good after eating butter or other cooking fats. However, I just found a butcher who specializes in dry-aged beef who keeps the fat on it, usually 25-50% visible fat, which is exactly what I wanted! I also like the taste of dry-aged beef a lot.

One issue with this place is the cost … about $30/lb for Ribeyes … worth every penny but a bit pricey for me eating 2-3lbs per day. However I noticed if I buy short ribs they are delicious and very fatty and were only about $10/lb which is about what I can get normal grassfed beef for.

So what I plan to do now is maybe still buy some of this dry-aged beef that is grain-finished, but also buy some organic grass-fed beef to mix in with it. I feel sick after eating beef from places like Wal-Mart or Kroger, but not when I eat the high quality dry-aged beef from this place.

If anyone has any comments/concerns with dry-aged beef let me know please. Thanks!

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Finally Found a Nice Dry-Aged Beef Butchershop
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 02:24:52 am »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share something regarding a butcher I found since it relates to my carnivorous diet. I’ve been trying to eat more organic grass fed beef but one issue I had was it was so lean it was harder to get the amount of fat in my diet that I want and I don’t feel as good after eating butter or other cooking fats. However, I just found a butcher who specializes in dry-aged beef who keeps the fat on it, usually 25-50% visible fat, which is exactly what I wanted! I also like the taste of dry-aged beef a lot.

One issue with this place is the cost … about $30/lb for Ribeyes … worth every penny but a bit pricey for me eating 2-3lbs per day. However I noticed if I buy short ribs they are delicious and very fatty and were only about $10/lb which is about what I can get normal grassfed beef for.

So what I plan to do now is maybe still buy some of this dry-aged beef that is grain-finished, but also buy some organic grass-fed beef to mix in with it. I feel sick after eating beef from places like Wal-Mart or Kroger, but not when I eat the high quality dry-aged beef from this place.

If anyone has any comments/concerns with dry-aged beef let me know please. Thanks!
A reliable source grass-fed fat that I've found is bone marrow. While the animal itself might have less fat, bone marrow is always going to be a good source of fat in any animal if you can get it. Ground meat (as long as you're sure about source and quality) can sometimes contain more fat, along with belly, brain and tongue. Sometimes there are fat deposits around the organs, especially the kidneys. Raw egg yolks can be a good source if you eat eggs.

As for dry-aged beef, if you ever wanted to save some money (assuming you could get the fat you want), you could always make your own. I aged some beef earlier at room temperature and it turned out just fine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk