Author Topic: Raw, untreated water phenomenon  (Read 4102 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Raw, untreated water phenomenon
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:29:53 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/29/dining/raw-water-unfiltered.html

One guy's comment:-

"Tap water? You're drinking toilet water with birth control drugs in them.

Chloramine, and on top of that they're putting in fluoride. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it's a mind-control drug that has no benefit to our dental health."
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline NuclearKnight

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw, untreated water phenomenon
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 01:52:14 am »
I started collecting my water from a nearby lake recently. Where do you fellows get your water? I can't imagine being the only one seeking out wild water. Nestle owns most the bottled water where I live and don't want them making money off me; lake water costs me no money. Lake water is more refreshing to me than tap, bottled, and even rainwater. With chlorine, asbestos, lead, dioxins, melamine, fluoride, and etc in the bottled and tap water yet people call it "clean". How deluded can people be?

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 04:09:45 am »
I started collecting my water from a nearby lake recently. Where do you fellows get your water? I can't imagine being the only one seeking out wild water. Nestle owns most the bottled water where I live and don't want them making money off me; lake water costs me no money. Lake water is more refreshing to me than tap, bottled, and even rainwater. With chlorine, asbestos, lead, dioxins, melamine, fluoride, and etc in the bottled and tap water yet people call it "clean". How deluded can people be?

What other options are left there if one is living in a big city?

What about simple water filtering systems like Brita.

Are they helpful or do they have negative effects?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 06:21:17 am »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 06:25:49 am »
Many health food stores have self serve reverse osmosis and carbon treated water.  The benefit instead of brita and other garbage is that these machines filter out everything with the two filters, ie hormones, fluoride etc.
Most health food stores should have these machines and all you do is fill up those big water cooler jugs and empty some in the smaller jugs with the spout as needed. 
Many filters also take out minerals so you might want to invest in santevia mineral stones or an equivalent if you drink alot of water this way.

I only juice low carb veggies these days anyways.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 09:35:29 am »
What other options are left there if one is living in a big city?

What about simple water filtering systems like Brita.

Are they helpful or do they have negative effects?

You might like to cut the filter open one time and see what your water is running through.  I  think that until more is known about all plastics, best to stay clear away from them.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 12:13:43 pm »
The hard plastics are the least likely to leach out problematic stuff.
Cheers
Al

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 12:37:39 pm »
Probably, but that's what they said about those big hard plastic five gallon water bottles, what ever that plastic was, and now they know differently.  And then to the contrary, there are some biomedical polyethylenes, and soft vinyl  that are used as blood bags. The more recent news is how little plastic molecules it takes to play with your hormones. When you buy ro water ( most is in plastic bottles ) that water is very aggressive and wants to combine with whatever it can. 

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 03:22:05 am »
https://www.behealthybemore.com/reviews/water/nikken-pimag-waterfall-review/

I use a Nikken waterfall in my home. When I cant get out to a spring and collect water into 5 gallon glass jugs, I will buy local spring water in plastic jugs and run it through the Nikken. Its not Ideal but its not always easy to make the hour drive to fill up from the spring, and though there isn't any absolute proof, I believe that the carbon and ceramic filter substrate would bind to and filter out most plastic residue leached from the bottles...

Plus in the basin there are mineral rocks, and I have also added shungite stones as well to further condition the water....The taste is great, and I think the mineral balance is much better than in the more hardcore ceramic filters designed to remove fluoride and chlorine...but I figure for filtering out sediments and plastic residue the nikken a good choice, considering the water I put in is not treated and already considerably pure.

If you cant get spring water and are relying on filtered tap water then you might what to check out the higher end ceramic gravity filters, then use mineral rock in the water basin to remineralize.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk