Author Topic: Essential questions about eating Raw Meat  (Read 8933 times)

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Essential questions about eating Raw Meat
« on: January 18, 2018, 02:53:10 am »
Greetings,
I have already looked into the health benefits of RVAF and just need some questions answered for me conclusively before I can start.  This forum is a bit hard for me to navigate to find the info im looking for.  Raw meat consumption is considered greatly to be a fringe activity after all. 
I understand the concept of symbiosis but have not come across any links or conclusive discussions as of yet about parasites.

1. Are there any serious harmful toxins or parasites that I can get if I eat applicable raw grass fed animals like beef? (links? opinions?)
- Furthermore how does symbiosis come into play here and how are raw fish, as well as raw chicken parasites and viruses different to us than other animals?

2. If I eat some, but not alot of raw meat or stop eating raw meat all together will I run into problems with parasite growth infestation?

3.  How should I handle a parasite infestation if I were to suspect one?

4. Should raw animals eaten ALWAYS be free of hormones/antibiotics (organic supermarket meat)?

5. What are the side effects? I saw a forum post about cholesterol build up in someones eye from possibly eating backfat. 0_0

6. Can i store meat in an opened container in my fridge and how long?

7. Most of the grass fed meat etc at my organic market are in vacuum sealed plastic, is this ok?
How long can it stay in there? etc

8. Can I start eating raw stuff whenever I want without a raw nutritional coach or professional?

ALOT of the websites listed on this site are completely out of order.

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Essential questions about eating Raw Meat
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 04:15:31 am »
I'll answer some:

4. Yes.
Also, supermarket meat is normally trash, unless you luck out and find some wild game. And the organic label is worthless as far as it concerns meat. It just means that the animal was only ever given organic feed; cows fed organic bran and organic flour, whilst being confined into a feedlot for the entirety of their adulthood, totally qualify as organic... that's hardly any better than the kind of meat you could get a McDonald's.
Go to a butcher and ask for grass-fed instead.

6. I generally eat my meat as soon as I get it. But some RPDers also prepare high meat, which is meat intentionally left to rot. So, if you leave a piece of meat for one or two weeks in the fridge, it might stink up your kitchen and have a stronger, more pungent taste, but it's definitedly still edible.

7. When I buy vacuum-sealed meat, I get it out of the bag and put it on a dish as soon as I can. Keeping meat in an anaerobic environment can cause botulism, and you certainly don't want plastic to leech out.

8. I'm pretty sure none of us here started with a coach or a nutritionist (also because, if you talk about a raw meat to a nutritionist, they'll think you're crazy).
You could start out by cooking your meat less and less as time goes on, until you finally can have it raw. You could also try to make carpaccio, which is thinly-sliced raw meat marinated in lemon juice.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 06:23:44 am »
Answers:-

1)  Very unlikely indeed. Let's put it this way, so-called "food-poisoning" deaths usually happen to vulnerable people such as sick  babies and  ill older folks. This is not because the raw meat is dangerous per se, but because the human body, once it starts suddenly getting lots of healthy raw food, goes into detox mode, and people already in ill-health  might not survive the symptoms of a detox.I will grant you that one might eat raw animal food from an animal that has been eating very sick, unhealthy food, but the general rule is that you would just vomit afterwards, and it would be gone, either that or subsequent diarrhea.

Parasites are very rare in the RVAF diet community. This is because, in advanced countries, animals/fish etc. are carefully inspected prior to sale,  plus the stomach-intestines are usually thrown away and not sold.  Granted, if you live in Vietnam or similiar country, you might have a very rare chance of, for example, getting trichinosis from eating raw pork, but most countries would be fine.

I've been eating RVAF diets for  over 15 years, and only once did I get parasites. These were harmless tapeworms which did not harm me, healthwise, generally.  I got rid of them after some months only because they kept on popping out my anus even when I was not excreting, and the pieces thereof stank. I easily got rid of them by getting a  prescription from my doctor. I think it was praziquantel. Took 2 days to remove the dead tapeworms via usual path.So, parasites are very rare, not necessarily harmful, and easily removeable via modern medicine.

2) No.

3)  Go to a doctor.

4) Yes. I have heard of some RVAFers who got healthy even after eating raw intensively-farmed meat, but I suspect most would do far better on  meat not raised on hormones/antibiotics etc.

5) Side-effects= occasional detox until you get well. After that, you will mostly only experience detox after eating cooked foods or  toxic raw foods. No one bothers re cholesterol, it's not even a proven thing in conventional diet-circles. Basically, one has to experience RVAF diets personally before one realises that all the media-driven myths about RVAF diets are all wrong, whether it is the absurd notion that eating raw animal food is deadly within weeks, or  whatever. It took me 3 years of going RVAF before I tried high-meats, because I was so scared of dying as a result, but found that the rotten-meat scares were also a load of nonsense.

6) Some of us eat high-meat stored over weeks/months with no problems.

7) I find I have to open vacuum-packed meat within 7 days at the most or the taste will be very nasty due to anaerobic  bacteria activity. Best to open it  days before, imo,

8) Yes. Nothing wrong with reading various gurus books on RVAF diets, but the trouble is that everyone is different, whether in terms of genetics or health-status, age etc., so all newbies have to experiment to see what works for them. In my own case, I found, over time, that I was allergic to even raw dairy, that raw coconut oil always gave me nasty stomach-aches, that  I needed 10% minimum/50% maximum raw wildcaught seafood in my diet to feel the absolute best re energy/drive etc., and that raw wild game was far tastier than raw grassfed meats, and, imo, healthier.

That said, learning from others can help too. One thing that worked for me was to read every single post in the archives of various RVAF diet online forums and, that way, not only did I find answers to my questions but I even discovered answers to questions that I hadn't even thought of asking but should have..
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 07:30:59 am »
Interesting, well thank you both for your time.  Under these circumstances I can expect to start soon, probably with coconut oil as a fat and then maybe grass fed beef backfat if I can find a butcher or farmer etc in my local area.

Here in Canada im pretty sure we are the only Country in the world to ban raw milk which absolutely sucks because I love using butter even if I've only ever had the pasteurized stuff.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 02:33:56 am »
I tried the raw beef but am hungering for some fish.  What is the significance of lemon juice for parasites in raw fish?
I have just recently bought wild fish and immediately saw a worm on top of its skin.  I have seen some differences in opinion about eating raw fish and freezing it in general on this forum.
Although even then I have googled that in ordinary freezers that would not be sufficient enough.

Thoughts?

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 03:11:32 am »
Lemon juice would likely not be enough; if it was, our stomach acid would do the job as well.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 04:40:55 am »
Cooked-foodists and RVAF diet newbies often use freshly-squeezed lemon-juice to cover their raw fish dishes as it, especially after hours of marination, makes the raw fish seem as though it is cooked re texture etc. It is not effective against parasites. I ought to point out that RVAFers invariably forego their former fears re bacteria and parasites as nothing happens to them, it is so rare. Granted, a tiny few do get them, but a simple trip to the doctor gets rid of whatever ails one.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 12:49:35 am »
Well call me crazy but I do consider myself a sort of prepper homesteader type and just found a few herbal parasite cures in case something backward happens.  Thanks again.

curezone.org/clark/parasites.asp
hultracleanseguide.com/herbal-parasite-cleanse.html

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 06:28:56 am »
I just bought some organic backfat, is it ok or do I need to render it because its not grass fed?
If I need to render it how should I go about it?
Im hungry...

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 08:57:49 am »
I doubt rendering would do it any good.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 01:26:30 pm »
Rendering is as bad as cooking it.Stick to that and search for grassfed or wild meat in future that fits your budget.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 03:51:35 am »
Can you guys give me some further explanatory comment on risks of raw meat and ecoli etc.
I just got my grass fed meat confiscated by a family member behind my back.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 04:09:42 am »
Hmm, trying to convert people is a waste of time. Cooked foods act on the brain much like a drug and then there is all the fake hysteria-driven hype about so-called raw meat dangers, causing social-conditioning/brainwashing. It is better to convince them by showing them that raw meat is not only safe but socially-acceptable to eat. So, eating a raw steak-tartare at restaurant, raw ceviche at a Peruvian restaurant, raw fish sashimi at a Japanese restaurant, raw meat kitfo at an Ethiopian restaurant etc., would show that a) it is safe and b) it is perfectly socially acceptable to eat raw meat in public. Eatwild.com has scientific data on why grassfed meat is better:-

http://www.eatwild.com/references.html

Also, some raw animal foods are eaten raw often such as raw cheeses and raw oysters. Most would not even notice others eating such.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 02:14:48 pm »
Can you guys give me some further explanatory comment on risks of raw meat and ecoli etc.
I just got my grass fed meat confiscated by a family member behind my back.

Then make sure they can't confiscate your meat. It is difficult to convince anyone of anything, but after a few months of eating raw meat in front of everyone (and making sure they couldn't throw my meat away), they eventually realized I wasn't going to die. As Tyler already said, there are plenty of raw animal foods (dairy, eggs, meat) in restaurants. There are videos of plenty of people eating raw meat as well.

There are risks everywhere in life. Is there a 0.000001% that you will get sick? Perhaps, but by eating nutritious and non-inflammatory food you would also be much more resistant to any potential disease. Basically, in much better health overall.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 08:44:22 am »
Is pasteurized kefir and cultured butter ok?
My body is defaulting to grains for fat and am finding it too hard to digest much or any org backfat...   -v
I am 6 foot 5 and quite thin for my height so my body is craving fat/calories.
coconut cream bothers me (im European).

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 09:25:08 am »
How about other kinds of fat, such as marrow or suet? Or fatty cuts like brisket and ribs.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 10:29:36 am »
Sounds good, I need to source them grass fed. Im already on it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 01:07:31 pm »
Pasteurised dairy is a bad idea.Some RVAFers like kefir, but it isn't exactly palaeo.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goiko14

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 05:10:43 am »
Would be safe to eat raw meat from a grain-fed cow (no antibiotics or anything like that)? and what about organs?
And when it comes to eggs, they have  to be from a grass fed chicken, or I can deal with it?
thank you

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 08:24:31 am »
All fine, organs should be at least organic and eggs should be at least free from antibiotics/hormones.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk