Author Topic: Blood Work - 1 Year Raw Carnivore  (Read 6393 times)

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Blood Work - 1 Year Raw Carnivore
« on: January 23, 2018, 10:11:12 pm »
So, I've just gotten my blood tested and the results are here (NOTE: I will not post everything right now, not really sure 100% what everything means, I got a lot tested. Unfortunately not as many vitamins/minerals as I would want.):

Cholesterol, Total: 6.4 mmol/L
Triglycerides: 0.77 mmol/L
HDL Cholesterol: 1.93 mmol/L
LDL Cholesterol: 4.12 mmol/L
Glucose: 4.7 mmol/L
Bilirubin, Total: 10.5 µmol/L
Bilirubin, Direct: 3.5 µmol/L
AST: 0.37 µkat/L
ALT: 0.33 µkat/L
Alkaline Phosphatase: 1.44 µkat/L
Protein, Total: 76 g/L
Potassium: 4.2 mmol/L
Chloride: 99 mmol/L
Sodium: 141 mmol/L
Iron: 24.6 µmol/L

MCV: 85 fl
MCH: 28.7 pg
MCHC: 337 g/L
RDW: 12.2 %
MPV: 8.6 fl
HB: 157 g/L
HT: 0.466 1

Absolute Neutrophil Count: 1.41 109/L
Absolute Lymphocyte Count: 3.79 109/L
Absolute Monocyte Count: 0.34 109/L
Absolute Eosinophil Count: 0.17 109/L
Absolute Basophil Count: 0.02 109/L
Neutrophils: 24.7 %
Lymphocytes: 66.1 %
Monocytes: 5.9 %
Eosinophils: 3.0 %
Basophils: 0.3 %
ESR: 1 mm/h.

While I do have my own opinion about this, I am interested in what everybody else thinks. I will also get more results soon, but any opinion on what else I should test? I was interested in testing for more vitamins/minerals particularly, but wasn't able to this time.

For reference, I eat only raw meat. Raw beef and lamb organs, raw muscle, raw organ and muscle fat, raw bone marrow, raw egg yolks. That is all, nothing more. It should be noted that I've never eaten anything else since I started this diet other than trying out a few fish and eating raw butter, maybe 3-4 times in total when I ran out of fat. I do not supplement any vitamin/mineral. I do not use herbs or salt. Just raw meat straight from the animal. Only grass-fed organic or wild game.

Everyone else is also welcome to post their results, I would be most interested.

EDIT: Converted some of the values for people to understand:

Total Cholesterol: 6.4 mmol/l = 247.48647 mg/dl
HDL: 1.93 mmol/l = 74.63264 mg/dl
LDL: 4.12 mmol/l = 159.31941 mg/dl
Triglycerides: 0.77 mmol/l = 68.20195 mg/dl
Glucose: 4.7 mmol/l = 84.6 mg/dl
Bilirubin, Total: 10.5 µmol/L = 0.6140350877192982 mg/dl
Bilirubin, Direct: 3.5 µmol/L = 0.2046783625730994 mg/dl
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:29:04 am by Qondrar_The_Redeemer »

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Work - 1 Year Raw Carnivore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:27:33 am »
Testing for minerals is always hard. If you are worried about mineral intake, eat some raw seafood here and then. For the rest your diet seems perfect to me. Maybe eat some fruit in the summer to gain weight, and some raw butter for that extra fat. Or do you add fat in your ground meat?

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:27:49 am »
Testing for minerals is always hard. If you are worried about mineral intake, eat some raw seafood here and then. For the rest your diet seems perfect to me. Maybe eat some fruit in the summer to gain weight, and some raw butter for that extra fat. Or do you add fat in your ground meat?
I am actually not worried about anything on this diet, the only reason I did the blood test was because I was generally curious and wanted to shut up everyone who kept saying I would die. Never found seafood as good as meat and eggs, so I avoid it now. Haven't really been needing it, but I might be open to try a bit more in the future, and see if I can't find something I like. I am gaining as long as I eat enough meat, why would I eat fruit? I became a carnivore because I wanted to eliminate all foods that gave me problems, and anything other than this does (I do so much worse on plants it's like I'm eating poison. Perhaps a few of the very, very best plants aren't as bad, but they all still give me acne so I would rather avoid it). Raw butter seemed fine (compared to pasteurized, which gave me acne), but I still try and avoid dairy unless I'm out of everything else.

I eat raw bone marrow for fat, 250-500 grams a day, which is plenty. When I don't have bone marrow I just eat raw egg yolks. Been working so far.

Also forgot to add that my ESR is 1 mm/h.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 01:59:06 am »
I'm curious what's your ferritin level is.  I had to stop eating liver regularly as I am overloaded with iron.

Elevated ferritin indicates iron overload.  While iron levels in blood plasma does not say if there is iron overload.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 02:29:23 am »
I'm curious what's your ferritin level is.  I had to stop eating liver regularly as I am overloaded with iron.

Elevated ferritin indicates iron overload.  While iron levels in blood plasma does not say if there is iron overload.
I am eating liver every day currently, and I am about to find out, so this should be interesting. I did test my ferritin levels, I just didn't get the results back yet.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 04:23:49 pm »
I've got some additional information:

Ferritin: 156.8 ug/L
Calcium: 2.63 mmol/L
Creatinine: 83 µmol/L

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 08:24:36 am »
I used to eat liver almost daily for the first 5-6 years.  And then I started to notice small black stains on in the inside of my teeth.  And over time it got more and more visible.  I scrape it and it comes back few days later. Google suggested it might be due to too much iron so  I did a blood test and there it was over 600.  And I had 150 before doing raw meat.  After donating a pint of blood ferritin dropped to 320 but still too much as I continue getting stains.  I will do another blood donation soon.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 08:53:12 am »
There is a theory that parasites are natural, according to nurses who attended my blood-donations in the Austrian Army.The idea is that the human body naturally over-produces the amount of iron in the blood because it automatically anticipates that there are parasites present which would normally lower the amount of iron present. The idea being that, since parasites are no longer a problem for us in the present-day, that blood-donation reduces the amount of iron as a substitute.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 02:27:22 pm »
There is a theory that parasites are natural, according to nurses who attended my blood-donations in the Austrian Army.The idea is that the human body naturally over-produces the amount of iron in the blood because it automatically anticipates that there are parasites present which would normally lower the amount of iron present. The idea being that, since parasites are no longer a problem for us in the present-day, that blood-donation reduces the amount of iron as a substitute.
While I can't say whether since my iron levels are not elevated at the moment, I would be under the impression that humans would certainly bleed more in nature, and would think that would make more of a difference for iron levels than parasites.

Offline Boris Kirov

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 07:28:51 am »
For reference, I eat only raw meat. Raw beef and lamb organs, raw muscle, raw organ and muscle fat, raw bone marrow, raw egg yolks. That is all, nothing more. It should be noted that I've never eaten anything else since I started this diet other than trying out a few fish and eating raw butter, maybe 3-4 times in total when I ran out of fat. I do not supplement any vitamin/mineral. I do not use herbs or salt. Just raw meat straight from the animal. Only grass-fed organic or wild game.
How do you stay hydrated? Do you drink blood?

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 04:11:43 am »
How do you stay hydrated? Do you drink blood?
Sorry for the late reply, but yes, I do drink blood, daily. Although I still drink water since there isn't enough to just drink that. I try not to drink too much water to avoid problems (cramping, fatigue etc...).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk