Author Topic: Storing raw meat  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Sneppen

• Forager
    • View Profile
Storing raw meat
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:51:48 am »
Hello everybody i've tried to eat some raw liver and regular meat for the past 3 month now, and i feel like it would be alot cheaper to buy parts of a let's say a cow and hang it in a fridge.
I've seen a guy called Derek on youtube put alot of meat into his fridge where he stores it with low humidity and tempeture.

My question is.... How do i control humidity and air flow within a fridge if it's not a specific (Dry aging fridge) because the one Derek used didn't really look like one of those (Dry aging fridge) so if anyone could help me here it would be super nice. Do i need a specific tool or anything or am i completely wrong and he uses a special fridge?

Thanks alot to anyone who can help!

Sneppen :)

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Storing raw meat
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 07:19:11 am »
Derek is on this forum - sabertooth

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 02:44:19 am »
Hello everybody i've tried to eat some raw liver and regular meat for the past 3 month now, and i feel like it would be alot cheaper to buy parts of a let's say a cow and hang it in a fridge.
I've seen a guy called Derek on youtube put alot of meat into his fridge where he stores it with low humidity and tempeture.

My question is.... How do i control humidity and air flow within a fridge if it's not a specific (Dry aging fridge) because the one Derek used didn't really look like one of those (Dry aging fridge) so if anyone could help me here it would be super nice. Do i need a specific tool or anything or am i completely wrong and he uses a special fridge?

Thanks alot to anyone who can help!

Sneppen :)

In the meantime please see the old threads about storing meat, eg.

https://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/how-long-can-you-store-meat-in-a-refrigerator/msg59854/#msg59854

https://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/hanging-meat-in-your-fridge/msg118738/#msg118738

There are others too (here), who could guide you in this matter.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 02:52:55 am »
a small computer fan, placed inside fridge works well.  Wires are slim enough to not cause a leak when slipped through the door opening.   

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 06:17:55 pm »
a small computer fan, placed inside fridge works well.  Wires are slim enough to not cause a leak when slipped through the door opening.   
Yes, that's what I've done in my new fridge.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 06:30:00 pm »
BTW, I eat a lot less mammals meat now and more fish, shellfish, poultry and eggs. We now have many ducks hens, cocks and we eat the males: were tasty meat. I'm convinced it's better and safer since their proteins are further away and more different than ours.

I wanted to add this to my above post, but it doesn't work. GS, are you still here?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 12:07:35 am »
BTW, I eat a lot less mammals meat now and more fish, shellfish, poultry and eggs. We now have many ducks hens, cocks and we eat the males: were tasty meat. I'm convinced it's better and safer since their proteins are further away and more different than ours.

I wanted to add this to my above post, but it doesn't work. GS, are you still here?
GS was, last I checked, involved in yet more business opprtunities. Perhaps if you PMed him, you  could get him to resolve issues such as being allowed to modify posts, especially if one is a GM etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk