Author Topic: Trichinellosis Outbreak Linked to Consumption of Privately Raised Raw Boar Meat  (Read 4602 times)

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/wr/mm6708a3.htm

Trichinellosis Outbreak Linked to Consumption of Privately Raised Raw Boar Meat

Thoughts?

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Perfect reasonable. I avoid eating the meat of most omnivores raw. And pigs/boars are definitely omnivores.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I always buy from reputable wild-game-sellers. It does mean that they won't sell me certain organs, but the impression I get is that organs like the gut are far more likely to be infested with parasites than other parts. Also, bear in mind that, afaik, many parasites are indigenous to certain species and therefore swiftly die if in a human host.I agree that if one has any symptoms one should immediately visit a doctor and see about the removal of the parasite.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
"The farm owner stated there are several pigs being raised on the farm, and the swine are only given commercial feed and never cooked or uncooked meat, offal, or garbage. The farm owner denied any rodent infestation issues on the farm but did state that small animals such as chicks had occasionally gotten into the fenced pen and been eaten by the pigs, indicating that small mammals infected with Trichinella could have entered the pen and been consumed by the swine." Need we say anything more,

This is why I am so adamant about knowing your sources. These animals were raised in confined pins, no access to clean open pasture, fed processed garbage commercial feed, cohabited with diseased chickens that were also living on toxic commercial feed. The clueless farmer is somewhat baffled as to why there could be a health issue, while the public is bamboozled into blaming the parasite, and concluding that all raw meat is bad , case closed.

The problem with jumping to such narrow conclusions is that there is no consideration for the fact that parasitic infestations require diseased environments to thrive. Of course when you have crowded animals in an overly toxic state eating each others putrid waste, there will be niche organisms such as trichinosis that will scavenge, savage, and infest the diseased immunodeficient tissues. This is an integral part of maintaining Gaian balance, even if such animals were thoroughly chemically dewormed and sanatized, the biotoxins in their diseased tissues would still be harmful to humans, cooked or raw.

The intense reaction detox from first contact with the worm riddled flesh, which has been entirely blamed upon the uncooked carrion worm, is part of a much bigger picture. This pig pin sickness is an integral natural reaction, which in environmentally attuned and sane people with a fairly strong constitution, would undergo a purging immune reaction, after which making a full recovery, and hopefully they would learn to avoid eating the same toxic flesh in the future.

Trichinosis if only slightly exposed to is not a death sentence for people who are otherwise healthy, some regions of the world there has been reports that a large number of autopsies show its presents in people who have lived a long life without any known symptoms.

Modern practices of artificially mitigating the individual parasite and bacterial organisms while allowing the disease conditions to continue unabated, have a number of consequences which haven't been covered very well by mainstream science. The initial evolutionary programmed gut reaction when encountering such swill is to undergo a purge after the slightest exposure to these messengers of nasty truth.... the intense fever, vomiting, diarrhea, the long recovery after exposure to parasites in toxic flesh, when allowed to play out in the natural world, will kill outright the already weak; while those who are pure and strong enough to hold out will become wise enough through their folly to hone their senses as to avoid eating such toxic flesh in the future. In the case of many evolutionary scavengers they will develop powerful mutagen adaptations which provide a certain degree of immunity that will allow them to tolerate increasing levels of parasitic toxicity.

These carefully devised evolutionary mechanisms which have guided our evolution since the beginning of the DNAs spiraling accent, are thrown off their precarious balance by these modern practices.  From the standpoint of our limited perspective it would seem absolutely horrid what happened to those people sicked by the trichinosis, but in reality that sickness was a necessary wake-up call, but Alas I doubt very few will understand the message.

Even if the biologically toxic nonviable animals are artificially kept free of the carrion worm through all sorts of technologically contrived means, (from cooking to antiseptics), {{then minced up and mixed with spices to hide the horrid taste}} the toxic elements of the flesh will still remain intact and continue to corrupt the DNA Code, throughout the food chain. With the worms and toxoid producing bacteria in their rightful place the diseased tissue will sicken and repulse any animal depraved enough to consume it, limiting the spread of the contaminans and minimizing the mutagen damage to future progeny(as it should). These elements act to balance and temper the cycles of catabolism and anabolism on a Gaian level. Without these Bio-defenses mechanisms such as active parasites and toxic flesh dissolving bacteria in the flesh of animals (Be them cooked or artificially sanitized) the toxic tissues are not forsaken by the higher food chain carnivores, to the carrion scavengers whom are well adapted to disperse and mitigate the waste). Instead of being left to organisms better evolved to mitigate these hazards, these unbalanced and highly toxoid animal tissues become absorbed and fully incorporated into the DNA matrix of the Apex Predator whom prey upon the open shelf's of grocery deli case feed lot environments. These sanitized and lifeless food products without the proper parasites and bacterial agents necessary to trigger an immune response response and future aversion instinct, will harbor and transmit toxoid build up in the tissues and lead to an array of long term issues...Problems with environmental imbalance instead of being dealt with right on the spot are kicked down the road and lead to genetic dissonance, trans-generational non-viability, and chromosomal chaos. There are symphonies and dramas of life being played out on all scales, and for humans to assume the power to direct this runaway train and arbitrarily villainize the carrion worms while ignoring their Gaian purpose, is asking for future suffering and disharmony.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I am sure that Derek is right in that small exposures to trichinosis are probably fine. I am sure I have a few cysts and perhaps worms living in me, given all of the wild game I have eaten uncooked. But eating an omnivore like a boar, regardless where it is raised, is playing a risky game. Some of those animals can be infected with huge numbers of parasites. You do not need to eat much meat to end up in the hospital, on those cases.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Does anyone in the forum have personal experience eating wild boar? If so, how much and have you had any issues?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I have been eating raw wild boar and raw moufflon in large quantities since c.2010/2011-2015, with lesser amounts consumed since then. Never had a problem.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
I have been eating raw wild boar and raw moufflon in large quantities since c.2010/2011-2015, with lesser amounts consumed since then. Never had a problem.

Me too, a lot of wild boar but moufflon only once. If the animals live in their natural environment, not too polluted areas, have no access to garbage and human denatured foods, I confidently eat their meat and I've never been aware of any parasite infestation.
"Privately raised" means they feed them with God knows what.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
When so many basic raw paleo caveats go unheeded there will be consequences, but for those who follow the basic sourcing safety protocols trichinosis shouldn't be an issue. 

Who knows what other unholy and abhorrent food crime combinations that were going down the hatch of those who were sickened...unless anyone has access to the particular individuals involved we can only guess.

Im fascinated with many facets of this "parasitic vs symbiotic" dichotomy,  neither extremity of this spectrum is well defined...one creatures pathogen is an others symbiant.  I am fairly convinced the words simply do not exist, that could better expose these falsely perceived actualities that continue to obfuscate the enterprise of evolving human reason, more in accord with "true nature'. I insist there is a harmonic method, embedded like an unseen cyst into the seeming madness, that remains daftly misunderstood by apish minds. The carrion worms are an integral part the morpho-genetic resonance based ecosystem which gives all life its shape and directs its evolution.

Purpose is a loaded term and many in the scientific community do not openly discuss matters fathoming the purpose of life in general. Nor is it very fashionable to dwell too raptly upon humankind's kinship with the nematodes....do not forget all vibrates evolved from oceanic worms...In mainstream science there is little interest in looking into the possibility that parasites and pathogens are not aberrations, fluked into the world without some divine and beatific purpose...From a certain limited perspective the ever turning worm has a dark and sinister purpose, but these "conquering/concurring" worms are none the less just as necessary as any other of earths creatures, in maintaining the balance of life.     

These craven devourers be them embedded underground or within the very flesh of our own body, act to integrate of the shadow side of life. By consuming sickend flesh which is no longer vibrant enough to be viable, they transform it into the fertile void of death so that it can be reborn as life anew. This receptivity and balanced interchange between life and death, light and dark, energy and void is occurring on all scales from the micro to the macro. There is a broad spectral balanced interchange between all interacting lifeforms that so marvelous and complex it cannot be seen, understood, or described in its entirety.

Even the most farout Esoteric metaphysical viewpoint only scratches the surface of unfathomable depths that contain the totality of lifes ocean....and yet on the other side of this macro-scope, a more focused "earth bounded" realism, attempts to parse out, perceive and profess specific rational explanations for observable phenomenon. This brings things back to the topic of microscopic worms which are hosted by terrestrial omnivores.... What purposes can we speculate their existence and persistence signifies, on both the macro and micro scales???

Could these worms modulate and moderate the behavior of these ravaging omnivores in subtle ways which allow for an over all more balanced macrocosm? Could these organisms work on the micro scale to evoke detox and immune modulations within individual animals that happen to be living in unbalanced states? Its feasible that there could be a number of very different yet equally valid and meaningful proposes, simultaneously manifested in the parasitic infestations of single animals as well as in entire ecosystems.

Omnivores that carry trichinosis may have a built in moderator which prohibits them from going entirely cannibalistic. Craven swine that develop a taste for their own kind, if unchecked would eventually become inundated with auto infection to the point of either wasting away to death or else having to purge and seek out cleansing plant foods in order to bring it back into balance. When too many animals overstay their welcome and abuse the earths bounty, it is the worms task to send them the eviction notice. Certain limits of tolerance are set for every creature in every environment and there are constantly occurring, simultaneous dynamic negotiation, gambles, and defiance of jungle law, that test those limits to the max. Many factors which shift the balance and rewrite the laws are eternally at play and so it is difficult to identify single "cause effect" relationship without narrowing the scope to the point that any greater truth one could extrapolate becomes lost.

In the wild, apex predators regularly hunt and kill trichinosis infected omnivores, yet they seem to be able to mitigate the worm without suffering mass die offs and such. Part of the magic of DNA is in its ability to modulate the disparate discord of constantly unfolding chaos into a resonance with the necessities of survival...Exactly how this is accomplished is still very much shrouded in misunderstanding, and I have serious doubts that "Random Mutation" alone, is somehow an acceptable explanation for evolution.

Generational exposure to pathogenic agents alters the immune system and epi-genetically leads to intelligently designed mutation and proactive morpho-resonance adaptation. The body tissues and micro RNA of the host omnivore may actually transfer its own learned immunity directly to the "essence" of the predatory animal through a kind of "trans-genetic osmosis". Here again we reach the limits of a mechanistic language to describe a view of life that is more synergistically evolved.

Back to the topic of the sick swine eating party goers...now that some of the complexities have been half baked we may begin to see the larger perspective. The people most sickened likely were not life long raw apex predators or raw omnivores. They probably grew up on cooked foods and so were never inoculated by the transference of raw immune stimulating factors, that one gets when consuming healthy raw animals that have already been exposed all the naturally occurring worms and microbes which inhabit their local habitat. They were almost certainly not conceived by and breastfed by generations of people lived raw and indigenous lifestyles who would of been able to accumulate trans generational immune factors to protect against deathly reactions to a little toxic swine flesh...yadda yadda yadda
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk