Author Topic: Depression caused by inflammation in the brain, it is not a mental illness  (Read 1666 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5675941/Cambridge-psychiatrist-claims-depression-actually-caused-inflammation-brain.html

Since OCD is already accepted as a biological disorder, as brain-damage(due to inflammation?) rather than a mental illness, the above is interesting news. The point is that many illnesses, especially age-related illnesses, are caused ultimately by inflammation, and cooked foods create a variety of heat-derived toxins which cause a lot of  inflammation. Just look on pubmed for dietary-derived advanced glycation end products and how lowering the amounts reduces the effect of various diseases such as diabetes etc.,  among many other types.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
I definitely think depression is actually inflammation. For example, candida releases toxins which in turn make you depressed, drugs and fake foods also release toxins which have inflammatory effects. No one is born depressed, so to say, 'cause it's impossible.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
A caveat here, though:-  while some foods etc. may cause brain-damage, I do NOT presume to pretend that a RVAF diet can repair brain-damage, all by itself. In recent months and years, I have been using , brainwave entrainment , the alpha stim m  device, and red light man near-infra-red device(combo 2.0), and they, especially the latter  IF device, have really boosted my brain in many ways, which a RVAF diet only partially achieved.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk