Author Topic: Raw meat changing one`s character?  (Read 4129 times)

Offline XXX

• Forager
    • View Profile
Raw meat changing one`s character?
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:12:18 pm »
Has anybody ever experienced a change in their character since starting to eat raw meat? I was watching sv3rige`s old videos and he looks like a nice guy and then after he starts eating raw meat in the videos he become more and more hmm lets say he insults people a lot. Not to judge anyone but I wonder if this is a thing. I have also felt like i have become more agressive and selfish and some people around me also commented on this. Do you have a similar experience or is it just in my mind

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw meat changing one`s character?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:21:36 pm »
Well, I had acute social anxiety prior to going RPD. Before RPD, I had become way over-terrified on the inside, and weirdly over-aggressive and short-tempered  on the outside.The RPD diet calmed me down considerably and made me less unpleasant, though, admittedly, other measures made me improve my nature in a more positive way, as opposed to simply removing a negative.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 10:06:56 pm »
(...) after he starts eating raw meat in the videos he become more and more hmm lets say he insults people a lot. Not to judge anyone but I wonder if this is a thing. I have also felt like i have become more agressive and selfish and some people around me also commented on this. Do you have a similar experience or is it just in my mind
That happens when someone eats meat from badly fed animals. It doesn't happen with meat of wild animals having no access to human garbage and leftovers, neither with meat of domesticated animals properly fed, i.e. exclusively on the raw foods their specie is adapted to. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 11:49:13 pm »
I'll also add, and maybe Iguana can confer,  that in the beginning when eating raw meat, the body cleanses itself of all the damaged cooked protein molecules it's stored over the years. Raw protein can be a very aggressive cleanser, more so than raw fruit or veggies.   I believe 'we' then are emotionally affected for a while until these 'toxins' leave the body.
   Also many eat too much protein in the beginning and hence their bodies have to deal with the excess.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 01:01:35 am »
It's an interesting idea you propose. May I suggest that it requires more data, to draw conclusions. I see a myriad of confounding variables and alternative hypotheses:
- Sv3rige may have become more famous, hence perhaps, more arrogant and condescending.
- Sv3rige may have gotten angry with the results of his prior diet, and then, despite switching to RPD, held on to his anger.
- Sv3rige may be receiving positive feedback, on his channel, for this type of abusive behavior.
- RPD may increase testosterone, thus increasing likelihood of aggressive behavior. Evidence for increase of testosterone is my own personal increase in muscle definition and sexual drive.
- Like the other folks in the forum are suggesting, there may be a detoxification period.
- Anyone who is eating RPD has, to some extent, realized that society has been deceiving them. This can be a source of anger. This applies doubly-so to Sv3rige, who according to his videos, believes in a flat earth, illuminati, and other non-mainstream ideas.

Personally, I see myself as, a calm individual. However, I cannot claim that it has much to do with diet, since I am not prone to anger, generally speaking. However, my impression is that I am more joyful, especially when I am well-fed on RPD.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 01:35:32 am »
I can testify that an RPD diet increases both testosterone and an increased ability to control one's emotions and one's aggressions.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 02:19:28 am »
Yes, I agree with you all 3, even if I don't know anything about this apparently crazy Sv3rige.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 05:51:57 am »
I think him changing is not necessarily related to raw meat. People change, for different reasons. I also don't think he's too aggressive, he's probably trying to be more dramatic to get more views. I do think he can be a bit arrogant at times, but again, I don't think he's like that in person.

I'm pretty sure he almost died, so that would also explain some of his strong convictions. I think it's actually a good thing that he's like this, it attracts more people to eating raw meat.

I've personally changed as well, yes. I certainly view things from a different perspective, and this might make me more selfish, although I wouldn't call myself more aggressive unless
attacked/provoked. If anything, I am very calm most of the time, compared to other people.

Offline XXX

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 12:56:02 pm »
All what you guys said makes sense. It is  prettycool that the diet has calmed you down. I dont know anybody in real life eating this way so sometimes I have nothing to compare to. Appreciate the replies

Offline RawBilly

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 02:12:34 am »
Glad to see this come up. I've not watched much of Sv3rige yet so can't comment on that but I made a comment about people becoming more aggressive with meat on a Zero Carb Facebook forum and some of the responses were pretty aggressive in disagreeing with me lol. There were loads of aggressive people on there, particularly women. People were often reminded to calm down and i had several people tell me they'd barred me for disagreeing with them! All forums can be quite feisty but i found it particulalry hostile. I definitely become more logical on all meat and aggressive in conversational debate but i think that's more a case of confidence as my brain is working quicker. I agree with the comment here that there seems to be better control of emotions to go with my more intense feelings tho. I've seen a couple of documentaries in India where spiritual gurus have claimed outright that meat makes people aggressive - I think the Yogis put it down to making the blood acidic or something like that. That's not to say it's true, it's just to say that people have obviously thought about this issue for many years all over the world.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 06:37:37 am »
a heavy on meat all carnivore diet in the beginning will often make people constipated,, and thus more irritable for numerous reasons.   Also raw meat protein is a strong cleanser, much more so than raw veg. or fruit juices, and thus for some time, the body will release old accumulated dead protein molecules in favor of new raw molecules.  Also many overeat protein in the beginning and the by-product of over-consumption is toxic to the body.   This, of course, assumes that someone is not ingesting toxic grain fed stressed out animals, or is cooking their meat creating all sorts of toxic compounds.

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 09:00:15 am »
I do not think meat, or indeed any food could be the only catalyst in making people more aggressive. I've seen plenty of people doing different diets become more aggressive, and for the most part it is caused by one of (or both) two things: The community they associate themselves with, as those tend not to always be so open minded, and the other, perhaps even more important, is the fact that their health has already improved from what it was before. While this may not mean they are on an optimal diet, they start viewing everything else as a threat to their newfound sense of well being (at least compared to before), and therefore have a more emotional response, rather than using logic to determine whether or not their current diet is indeed optimal (for them), and staying calm in any potential argument.

Now, I will agree, that certain food may give you more or less energy, which, of course, could make people either more or less aggressive, depending on the person. And others, which irritate, would also increase aggression in those that are already predisposed to it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk