Author Topic: Frozen Raw grainfed fowl?  (Read 2263 times)

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Frozen Raw grainfed fowl?
« on: June 09, 2018, 08:30:22 am »
I crave chicken frequently however have only ever had it cooked.
 There is talk about low quality and toxic or abundant bacteria on this forum in regards to grain fed chicken,
however I would think contrary to mainstream research freezing should kill this.  After all, when preparing high meat meat it seems impossible with prefrozen meat.
I am aware freezing and crap fed animals are never recommended but there are numerous situations in my life where eating chicken is both conveniant and wanted by my body.  I almost tolerate cooked chicken better than raw red meat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Frozen Raw grainfed fowl?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 11:33:05 am »
Your funeral....

For my own part, I have avoided even organic chicken, and , even in certain gatherings like birthdays/Christmas etc., would never dream of eating it raw or cooked. Chickens, even ones raised organically, are almost wholly fed on 100% vegan diets. This is unnatural, as, in the wild, the carnivorous component of wild jungle fowl is very high(ie insects/worms/carrion etc.)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 08:24:46 am »
I would recommend wild fowl if you are craving chicken. Most chickens aren't really all that healthy, even the higher quality ones sometimes. I've tried raw chicken in the past and it was tasteless compared to beef/sheep and wild game. If you can truly get good chickens, then it would be fine, of course, but most are just not that good to eat... I also don't recommend eating grain-fed animals in general, especially not poultry or pork, which are usually the most unhealthy because of their diet/lifestyle.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 08:42:21 pm »
Actually I've seen a vid from a permaculture place from Sweden, where they time the release of the free going chicken in a field where sheep/goats/cattle had been before, so that after 10 days or so, the grubs hatch from the animal poo and the chicken can feast on them.
Chicken actually also eat greens, and seeds when running around outside free, and  will also find more grubs than you think. The chicken in Asia just roam the whole day outside, and trust me, they feed all day on what they find in the organic farm where I lived. I really find chicken that has spent its days outside really quite satisfying, they do taste real nice.
Fowl is really my favorite meat, including free range ducks and all sort of wild fowl. But I would not buy a normal organic chicken, the most important thing is that it has spent most of its day outdoor.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 08:53:04 pm »
and I've seen people have some sort of vermiculture to feed the chickens...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk