Author Topic: Hello from Portugal  (Read 7854 times)

Offline BFCP

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello from Portugal
« on: June 24, 2018, 11:46:12 pm »
Hi, I'm on my 20s, and I'm interested in a primitive and natural way of life. I found this forum through the YouTube channel sv3rige. Hoping to learn a bit more here. Will start this diet soon, as strict as I can.

Best regards

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Portugal
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 03:01:14 am »
Hi there!

From which area of portugal are you from? Do you have access to raw foods there? Like raw dairy, organ meats...

Offline BFCP

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 04:54:08 am »
Hi there!

From which area of portugal are you from? Do you have access to raw foods there? Like raw dairy, organ meats...
I'm in the Lisbon metro area. Think so, but I'm in the process of finding those places. In the Lisbon centre there is for sure, but in my area it will probably be more difficult. We'll see.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 03:34:11 pm »
Ok. Good to know. I know there are some organic markets in the central area of lisbon which might be the first place to look for when getting raw produce directly from farmers. And then those farmers are then probably located outside or in the vicinity of lisbon.

Offline BFCP

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 04:30:25 am »
Talked with an herdsman today, probably the only one in my area, he has cows, goats, black pigs, horses... still he doesn't make milk, and meat he only sells the all animal. Lisbon centre it is.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 09:25:58 am »
I gotta feeling that VickyRem is looking for GS.   

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 04:59:30 pm »
Hi Bfcp!

You can come to see me, I live near Aljezur, in Algarve. I found a permaculture farm in Alentejo, they have sheep, exclusively grass fed. But there's a broad choice of excellent seafood in Portugal.Fruits and veggies are first class as well, much better than in France. There are almonds, walnuts, peanuts, chestnuts, olives, etc. Papayas ("mamao") and some mangoes from Brazil are cheap and excellent too.

Overall, I find that Portugal is one of the best countries in the World for its choice of tasty raw foods - and other things as well!  :)   
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:40:07 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline BFCP

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 11:50:10 pm »
Hi, I'd love to! Nice to hear, for me the store in Mercado da Ribeira of Herdade do Freixo do Meio is more convenient, lots of stuff there.

Eheh glad I'm in Portugal then  :D

Offline Bookworm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 08:54:24 am »
Hi Iguana

I received a strange  circular mail the other day from GCB stating he was in Portugal to take care of a new "pro-genetic agroforestry project"  in this country.

I can't  imagine Burger coming to Portugal without you being  in the know.   

Could you let us know some details of this most interesting project ?

Cheers

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 05:01:38 am »
Hi Denis!

Why are you interested in GCB's fate and projects ?

By the way, he has answered to one of your posts here http://paleocru.rawpaleodietforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,29.msg706.html#msg706 and I have unbanned you on Paléocru to give you the possibility to answer. 

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Bookworm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 07:41:58 am »
Dear François 

You did not answer my question !

Why shouldn't I be interested in GCB fate and projects, given my innumerable postings on the subject on a number of internet fora, as you kindly recall  ?

Mind you, I probably wouldn't have asked about GCB 's project ,  if it wasn't for Portugal. I used to live in Lisbon as an expatriate at the time I first heard about the possibility of eating by instinct. So the news of  GCB's newly proclaimed ( ?) interest  in Portugal  is,  to me,  a joyful and  double return to the past. 

Don't keep me waiting too long  for the answer to my question.....

PS  : too kind of you to have "unbanned" me  from participating in this long-forgotten french forum :)  . I'm busy with business matters right now.  So it might take a bit of time before I can reply to my favorite master plagiarist,  purloining in the gardens of edenic thought  ( that's a good one. I  have to remember it  ! ) 

Offline Bookworm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 08:12:49 am »
Desculpe mas esqueci de falar da ilha da Madeira no Atlantico. Si ainda nao foi là, e IMPERATIVO  que voce và.
Là tem frutas desconhecidas no Portugal y otros tambem bem mais gostosos do que no continente.

Aos Acores nunca fui.

Até ja. 

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 03:28:25 am »
Hello BFCP,

a few months ago I thought of going to Lisbon for a while but wasn't sure how to manage my diet there. For example I need a source for raw milk (it kind of saved my life healthwise, but yes I know not everyone is doing good on raw milk) and for grass-fed animal organs, fat and so on. Doing research on such food sources without being able to speak portuguese was pretty hard so I gave up on that plan. So if you don't mind it would be awesome if you could make a list of the food sources you found / you use in and directly around Lisbon. Thank you.
Enjoy the new diet!

Offline BFCP

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 11:59:07 pm »
Hello BFCP,

a few months ago I thought of going to Lisbon for a while but wasn't sure how to manage my diet there. For example I need a source for raw milk (it kind of saved my life healthwise, but yes I know not everyone is doing good on raw milk) and for grass-fed animal organs, fat and so on. Doing research on such food sources without being able to speak portuguese was pretty hard so I gave up on that plan. So if you don't mind it would be awesome if you could make a list of the food sources you found / you use in and directly around Lisbon. Thank you.
Enjoy the new diet!
Sorry for just answering you now. Unfortunately there's only one place which is this one: https://www.herdadedofreixodomeio.pt/. They have a store at the Mercado da Ribeira. For meat and etc there's more places like organic supermarkets in S. Sebastião, Saldanha and so on. Mind you that that store has very little of raw milk for sale, they receive very little and it sells extremely quick, I went there like 3 or 4 times, they never had it, because it was already sold out or it didn't even came. So you have to order online from their site (min 20€ checkout).

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 09:59:56 pm »
Thank you for the information!
I already had the impression that it's pretty hard to find a raw milk source in / directly around Lisbon. I've been in Portugal a few times and I know it's doable to get raw goat milk in the rural areas.
Also I have the impression that in Portugal it's not very common to keep cows, right? So that might be another reason why it's not so easy to purchase raw milk in your country.

Offline BFCP

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 08:54:51 pm »
Thank you for the information!
I already had the impression that it's pretty hard to find a raw milk source in / directly around Lisbon. I've been in Portugal a few times and I know it's doable to get raw goat milk in the rural areas.
Also I have the impression that in Portugal it's not very common to keep cows, right? So that might be another reason why it's not so easy to purchase raw milk in your country.
Yea it's more common goats and sheep. In some locations there's tradition to keep cows, they have their local breeds and so on.

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 02:23:29 am »
Sorry for the very late reply.

I am thinking again of going to Lisbon, so if anyone knows about a raw milk source around Lisbon, please let me know. You can also send me a private message. Preferably cow because it keeps fresh longer, but goat, sheep, buffalo would be great as well.
Maybe it's even better if I start an own post on this. Let's see.
Thanks in advance :)

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 02:26:03 am »
Doesn't have to be a known place, if someone knows a private person keeping animal(s) for that and who would let me pick up some raw milk for money or another deal like helping out with the animals, please let me know :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 07:12:39 am »
Check the first comment for an idea:-

https://www.chowhound.com/post/raw-milk-lisbon-931076

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk