Author Topic: Omega-3 study  (Read 3540 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Omega-3 study
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:49:28 pm »
Here is yet another, among many thousands of studies, showing, yet again, that omega-3-rich foods are important. for health.It also mentions how omega-3-rich low-carb diets are. So much for ludicrous notions by some members claiming that cooked, grainfed meat is healthy:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5476304/Eating-fish-twice-a-week-can-help-prevent-eye-disease.html
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:19:14 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Omega-3 study
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:11:38 am »
Which members?

I know Charles says it works for him but his health problems were minor.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 06:22:13 pm »
Which members?

I know Charles says it works for him but his health problems were minor.

I was referring to comments made on the migraine thread by 1 poster re cooked grainfed meat supposedly being healthy.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 08:17:51 pm »
I was referring to comments made on the migraine thread by 1 poster re cooked grainfed meat supposedly being healthy.

but plant based oils like sunflower, peanut, canola have a much worse omega 3:omega 6 ratio than grain fed meat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:59:57 pm »
but plant based oils like sunflower, peanut, canola have a much worse omega 3:omega 6 ratio than grain fed meat.

The article was on the benefits of omega-3-rich fish, not plant-oils -It, along with multiple other studies, debunks the notion that grainfed meats are healthy.

As regards the plant-oils, some have better omega-3:6 ratios than others. And it does look as though the disadvantage re types of fats etc. is more than made up for by the fact that cooked animal fat produces so many heat-created toxins, by contrast.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:24:59 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:06:30 pm »
flax oil has much better ratio
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk