Author Topic: The least toxic (cooked) junk food.  (Read 6879 times)

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
The least toxic (cooked) junk food.
« on: August 15, 2018, 06:46:59 am »
For those that are poor, or just curious about what the least toxic cooked food would be I think I found an answer.
Steamed white rice cake.  Ajanous vonderplanitz actually mentioned it somewhere in his books as an alternative to cooked potatoes for carb junkies.  It is processed in a good way (better than brown rice anyway), is gluten free, tolerates heat better than most other grains I am aware of, is very moist which lessens the bodies need to dump enzymes to get rid of it, is lower in AGES because it is steamed and presumably also lower in anti nutrients. 
Interestingly because it is uniquely so moist inside after finished cooking the state of when you consume it has been said to affect insulin levels depending on current moisture content.

Some emperor according to wiki used to say that when that when dry it would be beneficial or less harmful for teeth, which makes sense because moistness would make it absorb better and spike insulin levels therefore along with it. 
Therefore it would make sense to put store some fresh airtight and cold and some open to air and consumed at maturation when desired.

I thought of einkorn flour as a contender but thought the sourdough process tedious and ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mochi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_cake

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The least toxic (cooked) junk food.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 10:58:41 am »
(1) Should it be a cake, or simply "boiled Rice" are also the least toxic food?

(2) And should it be the Japanese  glutinous rice, or could it be any white rice like Basmati?

Or in simple words, what should I cook for my family who don't follow the raw paleo diet?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:22:48 am by jibrael »

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 05:27:39 pm »
Rice is full of arsenic, even organic.
Potatoes absorb poisons easily (both natural or not), plus, they are a poisonous crop! And, they are full of oxalates and other anti-nutrients. I used to crave potatoes years ago, when I went raw/fruitarian. Now, I feel an instinctive dislike of them, it somehow happened overnight, my body tells me potatoes are toxic and they are not satisfying at all anymore.

I have known the answer of this question for many years. If I need to eat cooked food/starches, there is one BIG winner: chestnuts.
But they are not cheap, and not easily available. But they could become! We could plant more of these beautiful trees. They were a staple before grains took over, in many areas both in Europe, America, China/Japan.
The wood is also amazing, strong as oak, but lighter, can grow fast. 

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 06:08:03 pm »
Another thing that can be satisfying if I need cooked starches: beans. They taste great and I can digest them well, if soaked.
I avoid lentils.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 01:24:15 am »
When I want to eat junk food lately I have a bowl of pinto beans. They may not be junk food; but  they seem to satisfy my cravings and are still a fairly clean food. I find that if I cook them for 3 or 4 hours they don't give me gas. I usually spice them up and pour coconut oil over them.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 02:28:15 am »
Thank you people about the tips regarding chestnuts and beans.

What could be the Bread/Rice alternative?

Is there any type of rice which are healthy and not so much harming (like the one used in making Rice Cakes)?

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 02:29:48 am »
When I want to eat junk food lately I have a bowl of pinto beans. They may not be junk food; but  they seem to satisfy my cravings and are still a fairly clean food. I find that if I cook them for 3 or 4 hours they don't give me gas. I usually spice them up and pour coconut oil over them.

Are cooked Beans health wise better than cooked meat? While I cheat my raw paleo diet with cooked meat mostly.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 09:48:58 pm »
Ok, so I know this is not raw , but once in a while I cook chicken wings, somehow I crave the skin, and I feel ok afterwards. (worse would be for me just a piece of muscle, that would be a waste, and taste better raw in my opinion). But for stuff that is too hard to eat raw, personally I don't have a problem cooking it, if it is not too big amounts.
I remember some amazing stuff I had at the local market in Asia: water buffalo skin, was steamed or something, I think, tasted great.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 10:26:29 pm »
Are cooked Beans health wise better than cooked meat? While I cheat my raw paleo diet with cooked meat mostly.
I feel that cooking degrades meat. It kills the vitamins and makes it harder to digest but for legumes it does the opposite rendering a toxic food potentially harmless. Legumes like pinto beans should not be eaten at all on a paleo diet as they are not paleo but if you eat them you should definitely cook them. As far as health goes they are consumed heavily by all of the blue zones where people live the longest and pretty much all centenarians eat them.  The exception to the rule that raw is good or raw is better definitely does not apply to beans.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 05:19:52 pm »
But cooking some parts of the animal that you won't normally be able to eat (skin, bones...) is for me a plus, less waste, eating the "whole" animal, plus you get some extra nutrition not found in organs and muscle meat.
Sometimes it's not cooked that i crave, but stimulants. I think that taken just as "medecine", or once in a while, it's not too bad.
Coffee mixed with raw whipped egg (whole or only yolk) tastes great. The vietnamese have such a coffee, except that they add condensed milk, which of course would spoil the whole thing. And, you might also add some sweetener/honey in the stuff, but just coffee and egg tastes nice.
And, sometime I miss combinations of food, that can also be done instead of eating cooked mono foods, and experimenting with new combos

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »
Coffee works for me as a stimulant, but, frankly, it also starts making me more nervous and jumpy even after just one cup. Coffee also disrupts sleep, it  simply isn't a good thing. Similiarly, cooked foods do indeed give an addictive, feel-good feeling, much like alcohol, in the initial stages, but, afterwards, there is always detox for me to pay for.

Also, technically, the whole animal can indeed be eaten raw. Skin can, intestines etc. SB has even mentioned, afair, that he would render bones to powder via a machine, and bones from small animals like raw chicken can also be digested.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 06:43:32 pm »
Lastly,  could people PLEASE put their various topics into the relevant, correct forum? For example, this thread should have been put into the Hot Topics forum. I'll do that now. Also, there is sometimes an annoying tendency by many members to post topics they personally consider very  important within the General Discussions forum for maximum visibility, but this is unethical, and confuses readers.Don't do it. Sometimes, I wish there was a "rubbish-bin" forum where I  could just dump any thread that does not conform to the rules!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:44:34 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 07:21:47 pm »
ah yes sorry aboot that.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 05:58:26 am »
I think it depends on how you cook ur food. I noticed that when eating boiled meat together with the liquid I got the best digestion. I pair that with raw milk of goat or sheep and raw soft cheese. 3 months ago I started the carnivore diet, and after some experimentation I can say that this seems to be the best way to cure food sensitivities as its the ultimate elimination diet. I used to fry ground beef or ground lamb with tallow, goose fat or lard, together with raw dairy, but it was still too hard to digest on low HCI. Now, with the soft meat broth including the meat (lamb and beef), paired with raw dairy things have improved vastly and my HCI is increasing naturally. Eating everything in the broth could mean that you loose little of the nutrients, surely the meat is degraded to some point, but boiled could be the best way to eat cooked foods after raw. Also because it´s soft and your HCI, hence your body, won´t need that much energy to break down the hard food particles to get the nutrients out.

In fact, I came to eating boiled meat by the story of the greek historian Herodotus, which lived around 2500 years ago. https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_History_of_Herodotus_(Macaulay)/Book_III

18. Now the table of the Sun is said to be as follows:—there is a meadow in the suburb of their city full of flesh-meat boiled of all four-footed creatures; and in this, it is said, those of the citizens who are in authority at the time place the flesh by night, managing the matter carefully, and by day any man who wishes comes there and feasts himself; and the natives (it is reported) say that the earth of herself produces these things continually.

23. Then when the Ichthyophagoi asked the king in return about the length of days and the manner of life of his people, he answered that the greater number of them reached the age of a hundred and twenty years, and some surpassed even this; and their food was boiled flesh and their drink was milk.

And the funny thing is that even back than the King of Ethiopia knew that Grains are crap :)

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/hh/hh3020.htm

22. Then when he came to the wine, and had learned about the manner of its making, being exceedingly delighted with the taste of the drink he asked besides what food the king ate, and what was the longest time that a Persian man lived. They told him that he ate bread, explaining to him first the manner of growing the wheat, and they said that eighty years was the longest term of life appointed for a Persian man. In answer to this the Ethiopian said that he did not wonder that they lived but a few years, when they fed upon dung; for indeed they would not be able to live even so many years as this, if they did not renew their vigour with the drink, indicating to the Ichthyophagoi the wine; for in regard to this, he said, his people were much behind the Persians.

Either way, this "Table of Sun Diet" seems to be working well for me, so to say that cooked meat is bad is far from the truth, even the people from the world carnivore tribe fb forum eat mainly grilled or highly heated meat, and they heal the craziest health conditions. But they all have something in common. They cut out all plant foods. So the key to good health seems to be low carb and less, or no plant foods at all. If you would now be eating a raw carnivore diet, that might be the fastest way to heal. Just my two cents..

And regarding the last toxic cooked food I could somewhat agree with chestnuts, but the problem is they are very high in carbs. Initially they had helped a lot as they can cleanse the intestines pretty well, but at a later stage they were a no-go. I think tigernuts would be a better choice. In my situation the least irritating foods in the end (before I started carnivore) were sweet potatoes, winter and summer squash, pumpkin and garlic. Asparagus would be ok too. Maybe even artichokes unless u got low HCI, since they have a lot of cellulose and are hard, even when cooked. I also think that rice would be somewhat ok if soft, i think rinsing helps with arsenic levels. But the absolute worst thing that I could think of is sourdough bread. I think Aajonus did a big fuck up recommending gluten bread in his "We want to live", regardless if its made with wild yeast and therefore is lower in phytates. It absolutely wrecked my already sensitive gut.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:14:36 am by norawnofun »

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 10:47:55 am »
@norawnofun: That information about the king of Ethiopia was very interesting. I think steaming or boiling is the best way of cooking food too. But, following what Steffanson wrote in his book about scurvy and those marine expeditions dying of this disease, It seems that the most efficient thing to prevent getting scurvy is eating rare (or raw) animal flesh and organs (adrenals). Even Eskimos who ate their food sometimes raw and sometimes cooked they did not cooked it thoroughly, they retain the center "pink". I agree with you about drinking the broth where you cook your meat. Most of the cultures who cook their foods mainly in water does this in different ways. Some make soups, others stews or casseroles, some make a kind of cream with any type of starch. All of them are trying to rescue the juices and the fat that get out of the meat. Really interesting stuff.

For me least toxic cooked junk is cooked ripe plantains. I don't know but they are soft and moist and digest really fast that does not cause me any type of discomfort.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 12:38:30 am »
How good/bad are the cooked chickpeas? I don't eat it, but it is favourite food of my family. So, I have to know about it.

Offline Gatsuri

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 03:20:58 am »
I would say worse than most cooked starch, very difficult to neutralize the anti nutrients.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2018, 05:24:43 am »
suggest to them to soak and rinse a couple of times for at least a day.  Cook thoroughly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk