Author Topic: bleeding gums  (Read 15274 times)

Offline whitebuffalo

• Forager
    • View Profile
bleeding gums
« on: June 06, 2008, 04:38:33 am »
hi all

i have one tooth that has been troubling me consistently, (it is upper R side /between my front and canine)

bleeds so easily
can't pin it down....any ideas??

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: bleeding gums
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:11:28 am »
This is a symptom of scurvy, in other words, lack of Vitamin C. I experienced the same but worst. I started eating some foods (i.e. bell peppers) with vitamin C and it went away within a week. Before, I only ate raw meat and animal fats mostly. Very occasionally, seafood. No veggies or fruits.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:43:19 am »
Is there no vitamin C in meat?

xylothrill

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 09:58:49 am »
WhiteBuffalo is an omnivore and I'm sure he/she is eating the right kinds of carbs - the kind that supply vitamin C rather than deplete it.

White Buffalo, if you are female, you might have something in common with Kristelle. Care to share Kristelle?

Anyway I just posted an interesting blog post about vitamin C with some theories as to why (most) raw carnivores don't need much:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/infonews-items/vitamin-c-and-carnivorism/

Craig

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:54:46 am »
I explained my situation in your post about Vitamin C, although very briefly. I think my problem may have been a lack of fat.

Offline whitebuffalo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:36:04 am »
wow.....strangely appropriate!!

i was downing bell peppers like crazy all winter....at over 3.00 a piece for an organic bell it was a little hard hitting
i would joke with my grocer that they we "my cigarettes"

i finally got a vit c supplement and all of my bell pepper cravings disappeared over night

i wonder if the bleeding is returning on days i don't take it????

i'm on it.....thanks so much!!!

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:45:47 am »
It could be the other way - supplements can cause trouble...

Iodine:
"Side effects of 30 times the RDA may include mouth sores, metallic taste,
swollen salivary glands, diarrhea, vomiting, headache, rash, and breathing
difficulties

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 03:42:08 pm »
I had bleeding gums and loosened teeth pre-raw diet, and these immediately improved once I cut out the dairy from my diet. That's why I no longer believe in the calcium/bones myth.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline whitebuffalo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 06:43:58 am »
the supplements are helping for sure and i notice that my strong inclination for lemon juice is also subsiding when i take the C

in terms of oral health in general....I have been oil pulling since raw and all of my receding gum line on my lower jaw is pretty much healed....i found out about oil pulling when helping a patient who was scheduled to have her last 2 remaining teeth on one side removed d/t pain and rotting and she has been 8 months and has not needed the surgery

just google oil pulling..........in my experience, sesame or sunflower oil only!!!!  coconut will strip your teeth

also, I remembered a an organ mapping system related to the teeth and checked it out and the tooth that is bothering me is related to the colon........makes sense as that is the target of infection right now

thanks

xylothrill

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 12:21:23 pm »
I get more convinced everyday that you could put five people in a room and each of them would need something the other four don't. It's perplexing.

What kind of results have you seen with the oil pulling?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 09:47:28 pm »
hi all

i have one tooth that has been troubling me consistently, (it is upper R side /between my front and canine)

bleeds so easily
can't pin it down....any ideas??

See a biological dentist.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline whitebuffalo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 12:18:59 pm »
Hi Craig,

umm I've been gone a few months but it's fall and for me that means animal protein time YEAH! back to the gym!!!

anyway, oilpulling  has helped me get my gum line completely reattatched to my teeth  and has 100% eliminated all tooth pain from at least 3 patients of mine who were getting ready to have teeth pulled.

we love it around here, my hair is thicker and shinier and my teeth seem whiter.
the gums though are direct correlation.  i am positive that the oil pullinng did that for me

good luck

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 12:49:56 pm »
goodsamaritan,

What's a biological dentist?
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline prehistorik

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 07:53:56 pm »
anyway, oilpulling  has helped me get my gum line completely reattatched to my teeth  and has 100% eliminated all tooth pain from at least 3 patients of mine who were getting ready to have teeth pulled.

I started oil pulling with olive oil just to try it out.  What kind of oil do you use?

Your recovery sounds miraculous; how do you explain the reattachment of the gingiva?  Normally this requires new ligament tissue to be formed, and this only happens early in life.  After that, it requires flap surgery with tissue transplants from the palate and application of growth factors (such as those in Emdogain), but this does not always work.  Did you also have receding interdental papilla?  These are even harder to correct surgically.  How large were your recessions; have they been measured by a periodontologist?

I wanted to have such a surgery done, but the periodontologist refused, saying I should just live with it, as he considered the recessions to be too small to warrant surgery.  However, I also have large diastemata between almost all my teeth, and consider them very unsightly.  So I am now looking into a second opinion, but I fear I cannot be helped.
I noticed something while eating a tender juicy steak the other day.  That sometimes, just sometimes, if you chew slowly and thoughtfully enough, you can almost taste the cow's soul.

Offline prehistorik

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:20:45 pm »
I almost forgot, but enlarged gums can also be the result of inflammation (which might explain your bleeding gums), see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gingival_enlargement
I noticed something while eating a tender juicy steak the other day.  That sometimes, just sometimes, if you chew slowly and thoughtfully enough, you can almost taste the cow's soul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 09:07:40 pm »
goodsamaritan,

What's a biological dentist?

These are the dentists who have taken further studies into the natural healing paradigm... they are holistic doctors now... switched... about face... away from the western medical failed dogma.

Biological dentists fix the problems created by regular dentists.  They replace mercury fillings with less harmful fillings, they extract root canals, they clean sockets and jaws of the mess regular dentists made.

Biological dentists are superior dentists.  Our partners in health instead of the cause of disease.

http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/dental-cleanse
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 11:47:15 pm »
You certainly seem to know your stuff prehistorik!  Are you a dental/medical professional?

I've recently started oil pulling too as I'm suffering with receding gums myself.  Fortunately, it's supposedly still at an early stage and my dentist and hygienist seem to think it's reversible.  I'd read on Bee Wilder's candida Yahoo forum of people who have also reversed it with oil pulling.

I've only been doing it for a matter of days and have been using raw, cold-pressed coconut oil.  Do you suggest I switch to a good grade unprocessed sesame oil White Buffalo?  I do have an oil extractor so could in fact make some myself!  :)  What were your longer-term experiences with using coconut oil for oil pulling?

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 01:40:20 am »
Where do you get an oil extractor?

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 07:18:23 am »
I bought one some time ago and have rarely used it since but, on the occasions I have done, I've been impressed with the astounding difference between freshly cold-pressed oil and the so-called cold-pressed but certainly NOT fresh oils one might buy in the shops.

FYI Kyle, I use a Samson 6-in-1 juicer with the optional oil extractor attachment.  It's made in Japan if I remember correctly and is linked to the similar Matstone juicer.  I'm sure you'll find all the info if you Google it.  I believe the attachment was originally for creating homemade toasted sesame oil as it can somehow be rigged up to heat the oil sufficiently.  But, I've found it to be perfect for making all manner of beautifully fresh, cold-pressed oils such as borage, sesame, flax etc.  Obviously, I wouldn't ingest these anymore but for oil pulling (or as skin moisturisers/cleansers) they're be very useful!

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline ANDREAS

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 10:26:20 am »
the supplements are helping for sure and i notice that my strong inclination for lemon juice is also subsiding when i take the C

in terms of oral health in general....I have been oil pulling since raw and all of my receding gum line on my lower jaw is pretty much healed....i found out about oil pulling when helping a patient who was scheduled to have her last 2 remaining teeth on one side removed d/t pain and rotting and she has been 8 months and has not needed the surgery

just google oil pulling..........in my experience, sesame or sunflower oil only!!!!  coconut will strip your teeth

also, I remembered a an organ mapping system related to the teeth and checked it out and the tooth that is bothering me is related to the colon........makes sense as that is the target of infection right now

thanks

Can you please provide information on your claim that coconut oil pulling will strip your teeth? What do you mean by that? I've read more than 1500 testimonials on oil pulling and never have I seen this mentioned. I oil pull on a daily basis and for the last month and a half I have switched to coconut from olive oil and still haven't noticed any adverse effects on my teeth which by the way have never been in perfect shape.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 06:24:31 pm »
Why anyone would want to put neolithic toxic plant oils in their mouths is beyond me.

How about chewing on some tasty animal fat. Same idea, zero plant toxins and completely paleo.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 07:49:06 pm »
yeah, can oil pulling be done with tallow?

and i thought raw meat had enough vitamin C to prevent scurvy, even reverse the onset of symptoms?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 07:59:33 pm »

If you think about it, eating fat is the same thing as oil pulling minus the plant toxins. Plant oils are revolting anyway.

Lex goes years without any fruit and his health continues to improve. You only need extra vitamin C if you eat neolithic foods like bread. Check past threads on vitamin C.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline hellwe20

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 12:39:54 am »
White Buffalo, if you are female, you might have something in common with Kristelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk