Author Topic: Mucus - beneficial or harmful?  (Read 216 times)

Offline norawnofun

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Mucus - beneficial or harmful?
« on: September 15, 2018, 02:58:59 am »
What do you think about mucus in the stool? I always thought these are parasites, but as it turns out they aren´t. But at the end of my "sausage" I see lots of mucus which looks like worms. And the stool is always hard there. I am pretty sure it´s a mixture of mucus plus undigested fats. On one hand side I hear that mucus can be a sign of an illness, on the other hand it can be a sign of regeneration of the gut lining? What´s ur experience on that? I moved to a carnivore diet 2 month ago, changed everything in terms of energy, digestion, weight gain (from underweight). When you started eating raw did you see an increase in mucus too? I´m not sure if to be concerned or happy. Also, i don´t know if that mucus seems to slow down the bowel movement, or the fats with the mucus aid it? And in general, is fat always fully digested or can you still see fat pieces in your stool (considering your digestion and bowel movements are optimal)?

Online PaganGoy

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Mucus - beneficial or harmful?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 04:33:23 am »
Ajanous always said mucus is usually a sign of detox,  I would 100% agree with him on that.

Offline Mr_Sirloin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 04:53:31 pm »
I've noticed this too but don't see a problem - the trips to the toilet aren't  messy affairs anymore to say the least.
If you have parasites, you'll know about it.
Fat isn't always digested, especially if you've taken in a large volume and/or exercise shortly afterwards. However, this is usually accompanied by the runs or pale and putrid stool.

Personally my bowel movements are a lot friendlier with fats. A lack of it seems to halt peristalsis, but each to their own
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 05:08:54 pm by Mr_Sirloin »

Offline norawnofun

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 03:15:31 am »
So you both had mucus in ur stool in the beginning, if so for how long? And now you don´t see it anymore? I know that peristalsis is vital for good bowel movements. If u lack in that u get blocked up as food gets stuck. Fats seems to be the replacement for fiber, but without the negative effects.

Online PaganGoy

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 12:54:57 pm »
Not long (once or twice a week for a month maybe) keeping in mind the reason I got the stuff back when was probably because of prostate issues not fat consumption as I didn't even really eat any fat then except for lots of raw eggs.

Offline Mr_Sirloin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 02:54:07 am »
So you both had mucus in ur stool in the beginning, if so for how long? And now you don´t see it anymore? I know that peristalsis is vital for good bowel movements. If u lack in that u get blocked up as food gets stuck. Fats seems to be the replacement for fiber, but without the negative effects.

About 2 months. Stools have a lot less mucous these days, maybe because the flora has stabilized again. Dairy gives a lot more mucous too and stronger bowel movement, but the mucous response it's not the same as when eating meat. Can't complain either way,  I poop like a deer

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 10:27:30 am »
I only get those kind of symptoms whenever I consume Dairy.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline norawnofun

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 07:08:17 pm »
And do you have issues with Dairy? And does the mucus when you get it effect you negatively? Like bloating, constipation, fatigue and so forth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk