Author Topic: The continuing war on food  (Read 3534 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
The continuing war on food
« on: November 07, 2018, 05:28:14 am »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6359559/Taxing-beef-lamb-pork-prevent-220-000-deaths-year.html

We RVAFers often forget how overly draconian our governments are as regards  dictating what we are allowed to eat. The above is just one more crazy scheme among 1000s of others.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The continuing war on food
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 09:51:42 am »
yes, there's data on processed meats... but none on non processed meats.  but they have to conclude with 'non processed meats PROBABLY cause cancer too"   
   Gotto wonder who is behind this.   

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 07:10:09 pm »
Must be no-one connected with meat production and promotion!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 08:06:04 pm »
Hmm, the trouble is that there is some evidence to show that some non-processed meats are harmful. That is, raw grainfed meat has been shown to contain AGEs/advanced glycation end products in quite large amounts. Inevitably, if an animal is forced to constantly eat raw, unnatural foods that cause constant inflammation, then obviously the resulting meat, however raw, will be harmful, even more so as it gets more and more processed.In other words, we need  to have studies comparing raw meats from healthy animals fed on healthy, natural raw foods, and lightly-cooked foods from animals fed on unnatural diets.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 12:06:53 am »
not challenging you, but can you link those studies.  I"m curious.  thanks

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk