Author Topic: Brand Spankin’ New to Raw Paleo! Hello from Tennessee!  (Read 3286 times)

Offline BransonEs

• Forager
    • View Profile
Brand Spankin’ New to Raw Paleo! Hello from Tennessee!
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:57:04 pm »
Hello all!

I have just started transitioning to a raw paleo diet. I am coming from a year and a half of veganism, followed by reintroducing chicken and fish for the last six months.

I was diagnosed last year with multiple allergies (most of them to plants) but also a supposed allergy to dairy, eggs, AND red meat. I decided to get off of veganism and take it easy with chicken, seafood, and some green veggies for awhile and recently I’ve decided to reintroduce red meat, dairy, and eggs to see if the allergist was correct. Long story short...I think the allergist was full of bullshit.

I have had red meat a few times and have tolerated it just fine. I just reintroduced dairy in the form of Kefir and raw milk cheese and have been doing great with those. I have also been having raw eggs. The next step I’d like to take is to start figuring out how to have raw red meat in my diet. I eat and LOVE sashimi and always have (except for that vegan stint lol). I have always eaten my steaks and even hamburgers rare so I think I have a good foundation in understanding at least somewhat how raw tastes.

My concern is sourcing the right types of meats. I live in Knoxville TN and there are a few organic and local stores around...but I just want to make sure that I know where to start and how to avoid any pitfalls or mistakes. I also have a lot of questions.

Can anyone help mentor me in this journey? I have looked for info online but so far all I have found is this forum. Everything else tells you you will die if you eat raw meat. Lol. So, not a lot of info or guidance.

Happy to be here!

Es Branson

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Brand Spankin’ New to Raw Paleo! Hello from Tennessee!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 07:25:29 pm »
There are some 100% grassfed beef/bison etc. farms which deliver all over the US. It is best, imo, to order in bulk so as to avoid huge delivery costs over time. There is also the eatwild.com website where one can find grassfed meat farms in Tennessee or any other State.

Also consider fishing for local wild fish in nearby lakes/rivers?

Consider hunting for raw wild game. A chill-room would be a good idea to store wild game carcasses. Sadly, it seems that raw wild game is banned for sale in the US.

I guess raw wildcaught seafood is too expensive, given some distance from the coast?

Oh, and:-
https://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/index.php?board=32.0

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline BransonEs

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 10:58:01 pm »
Do you have a good recommendation for the 100% grassfed beef/bison farms that deliver?

Offline BransonEs

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 11:00:56 pm »
Also, I read that fresh water fish are a bad idea to eat raw? I’d be particularly worried about that here in East TN where we’ve had a few coal ash spills and the Oak Ridge nuclear plant lies right up-stream. 

I don’t mind paying a bit for the fresh seafood. I’ve had a sashimi “addiction” for years. Lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:06:59 pm by BransonEs »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 12:36:34 am »
Do you have a good recommendation for the 100% grassfed beef/bison farms that deliver?
No idea as I am not an american. I have heard good reports re NorthStar Bison and Slanker's farms from many other RPDers. My experience has been that every place has access to high quality  RPD foods, the trouble is that each local region or country has widely different ways to get hold of such foods. Another option is to go in for Intermittent Fasting so as to reduce the bulk of RPD foods you are ingesting, thus reducing the overall cost by 15%+ or more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 12:39:24 am »
Also, I read that fresh water fish are a bad idea to eat raw? I’d be particularly worried about that here in East TN where we’ve had a few coal ash spills and the Oak Ridge nuclear plant lies right up-stream. 

I don’t mind paying a bit for the fresh seafood. I’ve had a sashimi “addiction” for years. Lol
I admit I have heard a lot about deliberate pollution of US rivers and lakes by various companies, but this is  2nd-hand. All I can suggest is to check with local government agencies  as to the general water-quality of the various local rivers and lakes. I know, at least, that the Austrian  government regularly checks for water-quality, and can be trusted re its reports. Not sure re US agencies as they often doctor data to suit government policies.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk