Author Topic: Melissa Henig, RVAF diet guru  (Read 3380 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Melissa Henig, RVAF diet guru
« on: January 06, 2019, 04:34:58 am »

Here's a RVAF diet guru that's worth supporting, imo:-

http://learntruehealth.com/raw-paleo-diet/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Melissa Henig, RVAF diet guru
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 04:02:58 am »
Have you got her recipe book that you mentioned in another post? I thought of maybe getting it. And I think Guru is a bit of an overrated wording. It´s like somebody that knows it all, that we should follow blindly, bend down to and worship. Be your own master.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 05:27:06 am »

https://www.amazon.com/Raw-Paleo-Extreme-Advantages-Eating/dp/0692623779/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1546809922&sr=1-1&refinements=p_27%3AMelissa+Henig

You are right, except for the fact that  most people prefer to follow 1 specific dietary guru in the manner you speak of.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 05:31:14 am »
I know the link, but I wanted to know if you have this book and if it´s any good?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 05:34:58 am »

Admittedly no, I do not have the book. The least worst book would probably be Guy-Claude Burger's book "The War of Raw".
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 09:17:23 am »
on her Utube channel, she's making lots of foods to taste good, as in mixing all sorts of combinations and many are quite sweet laden.  She's trying to appeal to the masses.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 07:49:11 pm »
on her Utube channel, she's making lots of foods to taste good, as in mixing all sorts of combinations and many are quite sweet laden.  She's trying to appeal to the masses.
It's all about small steps. Few people are going to switch to RVAF diets if  they see people eating high-meat in public without cutlery. The social conditioning  against eating raw meat is quite powerful. I reckon, for example, that, despite my pre-RPDv diet ill-health, that I would never have switched to going RPD if I had not eaten lots of  raw aged cheese and raw oysters as a child.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 04:08:14 am »
I get it.  Just saying that those who come here with real health issues should realize where she is coming from. 

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 09:46:27 am »
I owned her book at one point. It was okay. Basically an abbreviated version of Aajonus Vonderplanitz' book We Want to Live without the crazy stories, and many of her recipes are taken from his other recipe book. If you have AV's books, hers is really not worth it. She just repeats what he said in his books and seminars. I listened to a recent podcast she was on and she said she has had to abandon the raw diet to a significant degree after having her first baby.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk